IGNORED

Re-gripping my driver, any thoughts on which grip?

Note: This thread is 3637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought a pre-owned driver I need to get gripped.  I know it is all personal preference, but is one grip/type of grip better than another?

Ping G30 SF TEC
Ping G25 3w
Ping G Red Dot +1/4" irons - 6,7,8,9,W,U,SW, LW
Ping G30 3H
Ping G25 4H
Ping Scottdale TR B60
Callaway Supersoft

Pure grip pro. They have a nice soft feel for a rubber grip. They also have a lot of colors to choose from. They are as tacky as any grip on the market.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Try the secret grip if you like a back weighted grip.

Bob

WITB

Driver:                         Ping I25 10.5 PWR65 stiff Flex

Fairway Woods:          Ping TiSi Tec 3, 5 and 7 graphite Cushin stiff flex

Irons:                         Pinhawk SL 5-PW 37.25 inches 

Wedges:                     Reid Lockhart 52 and 60 quad bounce, 56 dual bounce 

Putter:                        Boccieri Heavy Putter B3-M (250 gram back weight)

Ball:                            MG C4 / Wilson Duo

Grips:                         Winn DriTac midsize Blue

Call me boring, but I use Lamkin Crossline on almost everything--I just like the feel.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

I am enjoying the Tour Velvet 360 grips.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I bought a pre-owned driver I need to get gripped.  I know it is all personal preference, but is one grip/type of grip better than another?

Try these guys - they are good.

http://www.stargrip.com/index.html

I've got the GolfPride Niion grips. Nice if you like a bit off color. and not a fan off multicompound.

has good grip.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

I have played the Niions. Orange were bright but a good feel to them. The VDR reds were my favorite. Too bad all the retail shops by me stopped carrying them.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I have played the Niions. Orange were bright but a good feel to them. The VDR reds were my favorite. Too bad all the retail shops by me stopped carrying them.

i've got the white green ones. The most standard colors i suppose.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

If you have sweaty hands when it's humid, you can't top the Golf Pride New Decade multi-compound.  It lasts a long time too.  I have had twice the life as compared to the Golf Pride Tour Velvet, which is a standard non-chord grip.  I clean it with rubbing alcohol and it feels like new.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Pure grip pro. They have a nice soft feel for a rubber grip. They also have a lot of colors to choose from. They are as tacky as any grip on the market.

I'll second this. These are awesome grips. And if you don't mind blue, you can get 13 grips and the air compressor gun on Amazon right now for $6.49. Crazy, stupid cheap. I bought the kit in black a in March and paid $46, which itself it a helluva bargain. But $6.50 for 13 grips and the gun.....how can you not pick that deal up.

BTW, the rest of the colors are all $70+. For some reason the blue rips are way discounted.

http://www.amazon.com/Pure-600-Standard-Grip-White/dp/B006G2L4O2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid;=1399663840&sr;=8-1&keywords;=pure+pro+grips

I always did the Lamkin X10, but I decided to upgrade and try the expensive Golf Pride New Decade Multicompound Midsize grip and I like it. I want to do all my irons now (still have the stock grip), but I am hesitant to spend $140 on grips...

Dylan

Twitter: @d_brock504

Note: This thread is 3637 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!