Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jonathanb987

Sinking a 70ft putt at a golf show!

5 posts in this topic

First, I am sorry if I did not post this in the correct section.

My friend made this putt at a golf show in Pittsburgh, PA.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Nice putt,

In the video it sounded like he won 10.00 bucks.

WWR

I made that same putt at the golf show when it was in Somerset NJ in January. You can't tell by the video but the surface has some pretty good humps built into it as well.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• 2016 TST Partners

GAME Golf
    PING Golf
    Lowest Score Wins
    • 2016 BMW PGA Championship at Wentworth
      Many years ago while on a business trip to London I got a chance to play Wentworth West - even back then in 1991 it was a tremendous course that made great use of the rolling woodlands in Surrey. Its a bit sad that the course has now become the architectural plaything of Ernie Els and the European tour - some of the holes now resort to certain modern tricks like artificial water features or shaved greenside banks leading to hazards or chipping areas - perhaps in the next round of changes Ernie and his design elfs will come a bit more to their senses and let the design return a bit more to the features that were there in the original HS Colt design. As far as the tournament goes, it seems like there is a real problem in terms of when to fit it in a place in the schedule where you can get the cream of the European tour to show up.  The Players Championship with its huge reward of 10 years of exemptions for the US tour makes it a bit more compelling as an event and the Nelson and Colonial and Memorial tournaments are all big events on the US tour leading up to the US Open so taking the two weeks time to travel over to England in the start of the summer is perhaps not something a lot of European pros who live in the US are willing to make.  Was exciting to see if Chris Wood was going to choke the event away but nice to see him win - he did have a great front nine but seemed on the verge of letting it get away on the back nine.
    • Scientific Studies
      Oh, good Lord! I can't believe that you entered such a completely off the mark reply! I thought you had some smarts. Valuable eyeballs? There are no such things! There are only eyeballs. Advertising rates are established on "number of impressions", in other words the number of people who see your ad. The only "value" established for those "eyeballs" is what age they are, what demographic they belong to. If you're seeking to market to a particular demographic, you might pay more to place an ad on "this" show rather than "that" show. And who said anything about "left and right"? You did! You used the phrase "industry supported research", which is a code phrase of the left to indicate research that is suspect! When have you ever heard "Entertainment Industry supported research", or "Actor supported research" in reply! And please don't try to tell me that government sponsored research is as pure as the wind driven snow. I've just realized that you may be confining your remarks to the field of physics. In that realm, they might be valid. Besides you, me, and a couple of guys behind the tree, who the hell cares? I'm referring more to "agendized" science, like climatology, nutrition, and prescription drugs. As for blind funding, that doesn't mean throwing money at any bunch of yahoos who cook up some hare brained scheme. All it means is that the people who are doing the research don't know where the money is.coming from. So they don't know who is buttering their bread! Let's face it, scientists are people, and they need to make a living. There was a line from "The Big Bang Theory" that, while fictional, makes real world sense. In one episode another physicist, Barry Kripke, is asked why he's still studying string theory. He says, "Hey, I study a theory that can't be proven, I apply for grants, and I spend the money on booze and broads!"
    • "Swing Machine Golf" by Paul Wilson
      I will apologize in advance if this post winds up being long. I went out for my first round of golf in 2015, shot a 110, went home, put my clubs on Craigslist, sold them within a day and decided to quit the game. I had been playing for 25 years but only felt I was getting worse. Then, while planning a summer trip to Las Vegas I stumbled upon Paul Wilson's golf videos. I watched a few and couldn't believe how simple he made the golf swing look. I picked up an extra driver from my garage, started trying to swing free and easy and went to the range 2-3 times a week to see if this method would really work. My first time out I shot 97. The second was a 92. The next was an 85. Then, I booked a pair of lessons with Wilson during my vacation. Long story short, Paul Wilson's teaching methods kept me from quitting the game. My handicap is down to an 11, and I am scheduled for two more lessons with him in July so I can confirm somebody who reads this forum is a Wilson disciple. While he can get pretty technical when describing his approach for me it's pretty simple - turn to the top, start the downswing with the lower body and let my arms swing loosely. I expect to break 80 for the first time in my life by the end of the year.               One more thing, which has been noted previously in this thread - if I get off track I immediately go to YouTube, que up a couple of Paul's videos and know exactly what I'm doing wrong. His web site is an incredible resource for me, and I assume it's the same for many others.
    • Muirfield Out of Open Rota, Denies Women Membership
      I was under the impression that Cypress Point had been removed from the "Crosby Clambake" simply because the membership at that course didn't like the idea of the general public trampling on their hallowed turf.  Part of that reasoning might be based simply upon the notion of exclusivity and status; on the other hand, the environment around the course is somewhat fragile and having thousands of golf fans moving around that delicate seaside plant life and sand dunes would not be good for it. You can't tell me that most of the pros who play in the AT&T ProAm don't try and pull whatever strings they have at their disposal to play a round at Cypress during the weekend or weekdays before the AT&T event given the spectacular design and the chance to play a relatively well-preserved MacKenzie design. So even now that Cypress Point has female members I don't believe we can expect that we will ever see it on the AT&T course rota again.
    • Carry-on one Driver golf club in airplane? US and to Eurpoe?
      Thanks, Iacas. I will carry on one Driver with me without  any packaging.  I will have to pass through security check and X-ray scanning. By the way, my flight will be from Toronto Pearson airport to EU, so I hope Canada will have the same regulation as US since they are part of NA (North America). I will let you know if I will get into any trouble.  (I will not do practice swing inside the plane, but I may try while I wait around boarding area. ) Thanks!      
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

• Blog Entries