IGNORED

Getting New Clubs

Note: This thread is 3600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah, that's what the X2 Hot Deeps are. I just wanted to see what the word on the street was about that model, and if anything else was recommended.

• 3 weeks later...

So, to kinda-of bring this back, I got a round in with my Mizunos, and I really like them. I'm not sure on the hybrid just yet, as I only had about 3 hits with it. I definitely need to get that second wedge though, and the 45-degree PW doesn't work well from just off the green (ran a lot of short shots to the back or off entirely).

Right now though, I'm really honing in on getting a new fairway wood. Like I mentioned, I'm not a driver person. I picked up a $15 3+ wood at a local shop to try out, though I'm not sure I feel any better with it than my old, traditional 3. Either way, it's close to time for a new driving wood, but it isn't a club I've researched a whole lot. I'd like something reasonably forgiving, and perhaps low-hitting (I seemed to pop a few tee shots up, even after dropping my tee height down).

I've been recommended the X2 Hot Deep by the guy in charge of fitting at Golfsmith (awesome guy, helped with fitting for my Mizunos). He said it's got a deeper face to help on driving, so it will bring me closer to a driver without giving me the striking issues I have with a driver. I can pick it up for roughly $135 online. However, I'm not sure if I'd want to go with the 12.5-degree 2-wood or the 14.5-degree 3-wood. I've never owned a 2 (got the 3+ because I was told it would be something to practice with that's somewhat close to a 2).

The other option is that GlobalGolf has a mint JPX-EZ 3-Wood for $135 as well. I'm wondering if anyone's got any experience with either the X2 Hot woods or the JPX-EX ones (or even the predecessors, the X Hot and the JPX-825). Or, of course, any general tips on what to look for would be appreciated.

Note: This thread is 3600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!