• Announcements

• Welcome to the New Site!   09/30/2015

Welcome to the brand new TST! Click the title of this announcement to read more about what's new and different here at The Sand Trap!       We're using some new software to power this forum, and while this means some change, it's for the better. However, there will be a few bumps, and one of those may be that you may have a little trouble logging in to your account. So try this: Log in with your existing username and password.If that fails, reset your password here: http://thesandtrap.com/lostpassword/ .If that fails, PM either @mvmac or @iacas and we'll help you out.After that, check out this thread to share any bugs you find along with your likes/dislikes, and check out this thread to see what awesome new features you can use on this site. Finally, once you're on the site, do a few things if you don't mind: Check your account settings. This is where you can clean up your signature.Edit your profile (to possibly include your GAME Golf account). Do this by clicking "Edit Profile" on your name in the top right corner of the site.Add or replace the cover photo on your profile. They're now Facebook-like dimensions. Change your avatar if it looks distorted, too.
    • Failed Logins   10/06/2015

If you attempt to log in and can not, please email (just one of) erik@thesandtrap.com or mike@thesandtrap.com to have your account password re-set. Thank you.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Volume Three Hundred Eighty-Six

1 post in this topic

by George Promenschenkel: link

A caddie dies, but play resumes. Kaymer survives weather and the field. And Sammy the Squirrel gets a new home.a

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Your thoughts on my bag
      By Hazza · Posted
      Thanks for that folks, sounds like what I have is good enough for the job but I can change when I want. I like that reward system, I had been playing over my handicap but played to it yesterday which was nice. Might try out a 7 wood to see what that's all about. I'll give the driver to 4h a run out too and see how they perform, I've never really looked at the faces on them, what's the difference? 
    • My Swing (TN94z's 13 year old)
      By mythbuster · Posted
      my apologies TN94z as i am a bit on the novice side of things in relation to golf forums.  
    • The Dan Plan - 10,000 Hours to Become a Pro Golfer (Dan McLaughlin)
      By Nosevi · Posted
      Hard to argue with most of that. For starters I don'd buy the 10,000 hours theory either especially when applied to a sport - how many golfers spend 10,000 hours doing golf over their lives vs how many play at the top level? Any brief look at the available evidence shows by simply spending time golfing in the hope to get good enough to play at an elite level simply doesn't work, at least not to get the vast majority of people anywhere close to tour level. Regarding becoming one of the top x golfers in the US first, fair point and I'm actually agreeing with you. But whatever your target, be it PGA Tour, Web.com, one down from there (which is really what I was saying would be a bit more sensible) you've got to know what you are aiming at in terms of raw performance and have a plan as to how to get there. When Dan went to Pebble he said he was amazed at how well the pros struck their long irons. Most people would be if they had the chance to stand next to tour pros striking them. But then again most people aren't trying to emulate them. I just think it was a bit of a blind spot in Dan's approach from the begining. That's not a criticism but on day one when he went to see a coach that coach should have as a minimum said "Ok, you want to be a tour pro. This guy plays on tour - go hit some balls with him and see exactly what you're aiming at." My coach called over one of the England international squad and had him practice along side me as most go from there directly to a tour of some description, probably to point out how daft I was being. A year down the line and looking at my launch data vs theirs and the void between the two has gone. But that's not by accident and it's not just from playing lots of golf. It's by working out what they do that I didn't do by looking at high speed video of pros together with their launch data (not random youtube clips but the guy hitting the ball and the resultant data from that swing) and working out how to get from where I was to where they are.  But you absolutely have to know what your target is in terms of performance and have a detailed plan of how to get there. Simply putting in the hours isn't going to work.
    • Teeing Up Behind the Tee Markers
      By Scotsclaff · Posted
      Thank you. Most appreciated.    
    • Rory talks about quitting the European Tour
      By Scotsclaff · Posted
      Let the captains pick the whole team. They will know who's on form and who isn't when the time comes.
  • Images

• Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Blog Entries