IGNORED

How Would You Play this Hole (#7 at Kirbymoorside Golf Course)

Royster1984
Note: This thread is 3626 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For somebody with a 20.1 index that may translate to a 25HC?   This is too much golf hole.   Whether you try to play to the green in 2 or 3 shots will likely result in a six....this is a tough call.

My only advice is to play shorter tees!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

For somebody with a 20.1 index that may translate to a 25HC?   This is too much golf hole.   Whether you try to play to the green in 2 or 3 shots will likely result in a six....this is a tough call.  My only advice is to play shorter tees!

I'm 20hc we have different handicap system in england compared to us. Our comp tees are played by everyone regardless of handicap.

Are those hazard area to the left and right or do you have to play it as a lost ball?

You have to play it either as a lost ball or play it from where it is if you find it.

You have to play it either as a lost ball or play it from where it is if you find it.

I agree with the others in playing as a par 5 then. Do you have a pic of the area?

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Gotta agree. You're playing way too far back given your skill level. 440 yard par 4s are not fun for most people let alone 20 handicaps! Tee it forward, my friend, and enjoy the game more.

For this hole, it's just two long straight shots.  A longer hitter can hit a drive through the right side into safety and then it's a decent long and straightforward Par 4 leaving a mid to longish iron approach.  Shorter hitter will need to place it better along the right side (that's 'skill' to me) to get that similar shot (long iron to hybrid approach).

I'd just suggest he balances the risk of going for it in 2, vs just playing it safe like a short par 5 and hoping for an easy short approach.....

4 or 5 is a good score here.

Bill - 

That area to the right seems pretty open if you hit driver, which I would because I hit a draw mostly but even if it stays straight or moves right that's pretty wide open for a miss. Not sure if you mentioned what your miss is with the driver. But with the elevated tee your normal drives should put you passed the trouble on the right. From there if you are in the rough I'd lay up to whatever distance you are most comfortable with wedge wise and go for 2 putt bogey or 1 putt par save. If you're in the fairway I'd go for the green favoring a club that will leave you short of the green as opposed to long.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Note: This thread is 3626 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!