IGNORED

Johnny Manziel

phan52
Note: This thread is 3632 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/msn/johnny_manziels_hurry_up_and_draft_me_text_to_browns_is_why_they_traded_up_for_him/16478083

Browns quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains said in a radio interview Thursday , that a text from Johnny Manziel during the draft helped inspire owner Jimmy Haslam to trade up for him.

“We’re sitting there and they keep showing Johnny on T.V. and Johnny and I are texting and he shoots me a text and he says, ‘I wish you guys would come get me. Hurry up and draft me because I want to be there. I want to wreck this league together.’

“When I got that text, I forwarded it to the owner and to the head coach (Mike Pettine),” Loggains said Thursday on Sports Talk with Bo Mattingly on Arkansas ESPN. “I’m like ‘this guy wants to be here. He wants to be part of it.’ As soon as that happened, Mr. Haslam said, ‘pull the trigger. We’re trading up to go get this guy.”’

If this is true, it doesn't bode well for Cleveland (as if it could get any worse for that sorry franchise). It is not good when the owner is the one making the call on personnel. Just ask the Cowboys how that has worked out.

I can't make up my mind on Manziel. He was dynamic in college and is exciting to watch, but I can't help thinking that he will get hurt early and often in the NFL.

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/msn/johnny_manziels_hurry_up_and_draft_me_text_to_browns_is_why_they_traded_up_for_him/16478083

Browns quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains said in a radio interview Thursday, that a text from Johnny Manziel during the draft helped inspire owner Jimmy Haslam to trade up for him.

“We’re sitting there and they keep showing Johnny on T.V. and Johnny and I are texting and he shoots me a text and he says, ‘I wish you guys would come get me. Hurry up and draft me because I want to be there. I want to wreck this league together.’

“When I got that text, I forwarded it to the owner and to the head coach (Mike Pettine),” Loggains said Thursday on Sports Talk with Bo Mattingly on Arkansas ESPN. “I’m like ‘this guy wants to be here. He wants to be part of it.’ As soon as that happened, Mr. Haslam said, ‘pull the trigger. We’re trading up to go get this guy.”’

If this is true, it doesn't bode well for Cleveland (as if it could get any worse for that sorry franchise). It is not good when the owner is the one making the call on personnel. Just ask the Cowboys how that has worked out.

I can't make up my mind on Manziel. He was dynamic in college and is exciting to watch, but I can't help thinking that he will get hurt early and often in the NFL.

I really don't understand the problem. The entire Browns organization wanted JFF to begin with. They were going to move up and get him. Everyone was shocked the passed him up at 4. I think he will surprise people, and I don't like saying that as I go to Texas State. I don't want to see an Aggie do well ;). I agree with your last 2 sentences there at the bottom.

Also, CLE signed Miles Austin. They have an awesome defense that no one gives them credit for. The issue is Gordon facing a year long suspension and Greg Little getting injured before OTA even start... Bad luck I guess. JFF will have a few games that will turn some heads. I have no doubt about that. Can he last? How does he do against that tough LB division? How does he sit in an NFL pocket? Those are the real questions. It will be fun to watch.

Dylan

Twitter: @d_brock504

I wish you guys would come get me.... ie the signing bonus is better at that spot guys come on now..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I wish you guys would come get me.... ie the signing bonus is better at that spot guys come on now..

:-D

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3632 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!