IGNORED

David Duval

BallMarker
Note: This thread is 3532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Former number 1 Major winner. Over the hill golf-wise and people are feeling sorry for poor "David"? Why? He has had to overcome stuff similar to billions of others. And he succeeded. There is no tragedy here. I'd like to see him do well, but you can't turn the clock back.

We Americans LOVE a comeback story. We'd root for Jerry Sandusky if he got out.......Just Kidding.

Riley

Former number 1

Major winner.

Over the hill golf-wise and people are feeling sorry for poor "David"? Why?

He has had to overcome stuff similar to billions of others. And he succeeded. There is no tragedy here.

I'd like to see him do well, but you can't turn the clock back.

No one is feeling sorry for him, simply just rooting for him.

In my case hes still my personal favorite golfer (outside of the more competitive ones playing currently) so Ill probably follow him until hes retires :)

Former number 1 Major winner. Over the hill golf-wise and people are feeling sorry for poor "David"? Why? He has had to overcome stuff similar to billions of others. And he succeeded. There is no tragedy here. I'd like to see him do well, but you can't turn the clock back.

Because it was fun to watch him play good golf and it'd be more fun if he could do/could've done it again. Maybe that's not feeling "sorry" for him per se.

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Depending on what Kevin Foley does over the weekend, it looks like Duval will finish 200 or #201 in the Fed Ex Cup.  I believe that #126-200 get to play in the Web.com Tour Finals with 25 cards available for those outside the top 125/top 25.  Last year it looked like they added some way outside the top 200 (likely guys with some sort of medical extension), but I am not sure if they add 201 if higher finishers don't play.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Because it was fun to watch him play good golf and it'd be more fun if he could do/could've done it again. Maybe that's not feeling "sorry" for him per se.

I thought he was an exceptionally dour, boring player.

I was rooting for him when he was doing well in the U.S. Open a few years back, though.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/duval-mc-not-quite-ready-leave-pga-tour/

Love this article.

It really clears up alot of things going forward. I said it before the guy wants to play despite what he said.

He was also playing really good golf at the seasons start before the arm injury. I didnt know how long the injury lingered because he stopped updating his twitter after he was hurt.

The article is very uplifting to here how much fight he has left and how well he thinks he can still pay. Fitness wise hes never looked better.

Depending on what Kevin Foley does over the weekend, it looks like Duval will finish 200 or #201 in the Fed Ex Cup.  I believe that #126-200 get to play in the Web.com Tour Finals with 25 cards available for those outside the top 125/top 25.  Last year it looked like they added some way outside the top 200 (likely guys with some sort of medical extension), but I am not sure if they add 201 if higher finishers don't play.

I just read about this in the Duval article posted above by RJH

I had no idea about the Web.com 125-200 qualifying tournament.

Even more frustrating is A) Duval is #200 and B) He missed the cut by a sliver

The article quotes David as saying he will play in that series of events of hes eligible. 4 more chances to watch/follow him play golf is fantastic to me. Even more so that there is something on the line.

Now just to hope and wait til the end of the week.

It appears as MeFree said above, Kevin Foley is the guy that will decide this. Hes projected 201. Sadly I have to root hard for him to have a bad weekend!

Either way finishing 201 may still have him get in based on other factors.

I just read about this in the Duval article posted above by RJH I had no idea about the Web.com 125-200 qualifying tournament. Even more frustrating is A) Duval is #200 and B) He missed the cut by a sliver The article quotes David as saying he will play in that series of events of hes eligible. 4 more chances to watch/follow him play golf is fantastic to me. Even more so that there is something on the line. Now just to hope and wait til the end of the week. It appears as MeFree said above, Kevin Foley is the guy that will decide this. Hes projected 201. Sadly I have to root hard for him to have a bad weekend! Either way finishing 201 may still have him get in based on other factors.

Really have to laugh at this situation. Isn't it such a David Duval-ey thing to finish 201 when the top 200 get a chance for a card?! Hahahah. Jeez.

Riley

Really have to laugh at this situation. Isn't it such a David Duval-ey thing to finish 201 when the top 200 get a chance for a card?! Hahahah. Jeez.

Ha I was thinking the same thing. Its like as soon as window opens for David theres always something. Like literally today. He shoots -4 on his final 9, ends up still needing 1 more shot. And now this?

I didnt even know about this web.com qualifier until i read the article an hour ago but I feel like it just set me up for another heartbreak lol.

David doesnt seem to want to play on the Web.com tour but Id have no problem watching him on that next season. If hes playing well he'll find his way up. There are quite a few names that have played on the Web.com tour this year that wouldnt expect.

Ha I was thinking the same thing. Its like as soon as window opens for David theres always something. Like literally today. He shoots -4 on his final 9, ends up still needing 1 more shot. And now this? I didnt even know about this web.com qualifier until i read the article an hour ago but I feel like it just set me up for another heartbreak lol. David doesnt seem to want to play on the Web.com tour but Id have no problem watching him on that next season. If hes playing well he'll find his way up. There are quite a few names that have played on the Web.com tour this year that wouldnt expect.

Yup. Shaun Micheel, Todd Hamilton, Len Mattiace, John Daly, Chris DiMarco, Rich Beem, among others.

Riley

Lovin' how we're all on first name terms with "David".

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy - like I know him personally.

Lovin' how we're all on first name terms with "David". Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy - like I know him personally.

I'm afraid I'm not following. People call Tiger Woods "Tiger" Phil Mickelson "Phil" Mike Weir "Mike" Jack Nicklaus "Jack" Rich ****ing Beem "Rich"

Riley

I have never seen anyone ever reference Mike Weir or Rich Beem by their first names alone. It's pretty obvious why the other three are mentioned by their first names only, though.

-Rich

I'm afraid I'm not following. People call Tiger Woods "Tiger" Phil Mickelson "Phil" Mike Weir "Mike" Jack Nicklaus "Jack" Rich ****ing Beem "Rich"

But do they call Kevin Stadler "Kevin", or Mark Calcavechia "Mark"?

Tell me, what do you think of Peter's performances on the Champions' Tour this year?

And yes, how about Mike?  It's unnecessarily familiar.

I know we know who we're talking about, but I prefer to call people without a "Phil" "Ernie" or "Tiger" persona ( and note that these are all nicknames) by their surnames. Seems to be what people usually do.

Just having a bit of fun. :roll:

From one grumpy old codger to another-You have a perverse definition of fun.-Picking on people for inconsequential shit is your idea of fun? Grow the **** up and let people talk.[quote name="Shorty" url="/t/74614/david-duval/36#post_1041755"]Just having a bit of fun. :roll: [/quote]
  • Upvote 2

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Im new to this forum but tell me again the point of derailing this thread?

Anyway he will be known as DAVID because its the David Duval thread lol. Pretty easy not to get lost.

But do they call Kevin Stadler "Kevin", or Mark Calcavechia "Mark"? Tell me, what do you think of Peter's performances on the Champions' Tour this year? And yes, how about Mike?  It's unnecessarily familiar. I know we know who we're talking about, but I prefer to call people without a "Phil" "Ernie" or "Tiger" persona ( and note that these are all nicknames) by their surnames. Seems to be what people usually do. Just having a bit of fun. :roll:

I don't see why it bothers you. I mean, we're not trying to convey we have some sort of personal connection. This is the "David Duval" thread, we can call him "David". We're just trying to shorten it so we don't have to say "David Duval". I've called him Duval or DD more than "David". Don't be cheesing yo. Word Out Son.

Riley

Note: This thread is 3532 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!