IGNORED

What is "over the top"?

Note: This thread is 3621 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

does anyone have a video of someone "going over the top", I see a lot of fixes for it but never actually seen a demo of a OTT swing.

Is  that the same as a swing that creates pulling the ball to the left?

Here is Brendon De Jonge. He has a pretty ugly swing, but it works. It's an over the top move.

I would describe an over the top move is getting the clubhead gets outside the hands in the downswing, and a swing path that will end up coming from the outisde to in motion.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

there is a certain level of over the toppish ppl can be, however as long as it is not super terrible OTT that will make them have to reroute their downswing extremely such as lifting the left shoulder to square the club, scooping,etc, it will do for a while :-D and OTT doesnt necessarily pulled the ball to the left, it can be slice, grounded and topping or even hurt your muscle at worst. :-( Edit : if you want to get the sensation of over the top, get to the end of your backswing, instead of shifting weight, try to spin your left hip first, then you can feel the right shoulder and your club moving outside the plane, that is the recipe to do OTT Hari "I'm not talented, that's why i work harder than most people"

I would describe an over the top move is getting the clubhead gets outside the hands in the downswing, and a swing path that will end up coming from the outisde to in motion.

I don't consider that an over the top swing (even though most people probably would). I consider that a way under plane backswing that gets back to where a "normal" swing should be and then the downswing is pretty normal. If you forget you ever saw the backswing and just start from the top it looks fine. (To me). ;-) P.S. The one that Jet Fan posted is prime OTT.

Note: This thread is 3621 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!