IGNORED

Titleist 909 D2

Note: This thread is 3589 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am puzzled by a Titlelist 909 D2 with a Matrix Ozyk xcon5 regular shaft…..

I acquired this club at a pawn shop who have great bargains available from time to time...

I took it to the range and it was love at first shot, a marriage made in heaven!!!

Now I looked this club up on the Titleist website and it differs with mine! whereas mine has adjustment ability to change shafts with an adaptor and the pic on Titleist doesn't have this ability …..

It is genuine Im quite sure!!

My current tool for later drivers appears too big to fit the screw head on the 909 that also has weight adjustment also…...

I am hoping someone could shine a light on this for me and hopefully acquire a tool to fit it, tho as i said earlier its going great (for now)

Can you take a pic? 909 isn't an adjustable driver. I wonder if you got one that was made for fitting.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hi Nemicu , thanks for that info, I would just like to ask you it what aspect is it non-conforming , is it the face with more trampoline affect etc etc. I've just spoken to Titleist Australia who are non-committal about that , would need to see it etc etc Cheers

Hi Nemicu , thanks for that info, I would just like to ask you it what aspect is it non-conforming , is it the face with more trampoline affect etc etc. I've just spoken to Titleist Australia who are non-committal about that , would need to see it etc etc

Cheers

I would assume the fitting aspect makes it non-conforming.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would assume the fitting aspect makes it non-conforming.

Correct.

Every club that goes to retail is submitted to the ruling bodies for conformity testing. The club submitted MUST be the exact same as those proposed for sale in terms of form, shape and markings. Since the fitting cart club isn't like the actual production club for sale, it isn't conforming. Nothing to do with the CoR of the head (although it probably wouldn't be tested anyway). If OEM's want more than one type of club in the same range to be deemed conforming (e.g. 909D2, 909D3, 909Comp), then ALL different models must be submitted for approval. Since the fitting cart head was never intended for sale, it was never submitted.

When new models come out (e.g. 910 series) the older fitting cart stock quickly becomes a bit of a white elephant and it rapidly becomes worthless - even Titleist don't want it back. The odd dealer or two will sell off fitting cart stock to make a buck rather than have it sitting around a using up valuable retail space for new stock.

Thanks very much clarifying that Nemicu and now makes sense. Will now remove the shaft as that is terrific and add it to a conforming head!

Very unlikely that you'll be able to.

It'll be too short, given the adapter on the end.

As you can see, the 909 is a "bore through" head and you might find this is your issue with other heads.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Hi Shorty, I think I'll be able to have the adaptor removed and as it differs with the current one and put the shaft into another conforming Titleist head. The exercise has actually confirmed tthat this combo is good for me at present !! However I am a tinkerer and it is a bit of fun messing around with older clubs !!

Hi Shorty once again. This particular club is not a bore through, it is identical to later heads that have an adaptor. The difference be that the screw going into the adaptor is smaller than the current adaptor screws and needs a different tool to fit it !! Cheers

Note: This thread is 3589 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!