IGNORED

Rory McIlroy is quitzies (breaks engagement) with Caroline Wozniacki....

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 3332 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If you are a "5" and your girlfriend is a "9" then the relationship is always going to be a distraction.  It's a lot of maintenance and worry to keep that going whether he consciously realizes it or not.

I don't know why looks have anything to do with the success of a relationship. They only do if one of them lets their looks control their lives. There are plenty of other viable reasons relationships don't work especially when you are famous and live on the road.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

yeah, i would rank them as a 2 and a 7.  that little leprechaun is one ugly mofo.

I think it's a bit closer. I'm gonna go 4 and 6. Rory's accent is always going to be an extra point for some chicks and the dude has at least beefed up a bit.

I've never found Caroline to be that amazing. Both can get better lookin' significant others.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

im not a fan of marriage for almost anyone who is young and publicly wealthy.  do what Derek Jeter does.

This!

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

I don't care what any of you say. Google Image Search her and tell me you'd kick her out of bed and I'll call you a damn liar!

I've never found Caroline to be that amazing. Both can get better lookin' significant others.

And that's the most important thing, after all. :whistle:

She's a real horror, isn't she?

The thing for me that doomed thisrelationship from the start was McIlroy's encouragement of the "Wozilroy" nonsense and even having it stamped on his wedges.

The relationship hasn't done much for her tennis game, that's for sure.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BENtSwing32

Who made a, "big deal out of him continuing to "work" for a living after a break up?" Didn't see that in the article...

The golf channel was acting all amazed that he decided to play in the emotional state he was in.

LMAO...typical media. So lame.

LMAO...typical media. So lame.

Yep. For some athletes and even people with regular jobs, your job can be a decent distraction from some horrible things that happen to you. A death in the family, divorce, sickness, bankruptcy, etc. What was this kid supposed to do? Sit at home and watch the tournament on TV with a rib-bib on, stuffing his face and moping around his mansion like Charlie Brown? Get real.

I don't care what any of you say. Google Image Search her and tell me you'd kick her out of bed and I'll call you a damn liar!

Who said anything about kicking her out of bed? I would let her cook me breakfast in the morning too.

My standards have lowered since I was in my 20s chasing girls. Now heck anything will do.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

Difficult to imagine what sort of married life they could have had anyway. They're both professional sports people with massive commitments elsewhere, albeit you got the impression she was prepared to make sacrifices to her own professional ambition.

FWIW, I think Rory's treated her quite badly here, but selfishness is probably in the DNA of most successful sports people. You might even argue it has to be? It's the complete self-centred approach that ensures that everyone around you is driven to putting you centre stage that gives you that extra little focus and can make the 1% difference

In terms of their respective professional standings, she's suffered much more than he has, but then she seems to have made more effort to integrate with golf and his world, then he did with hers

Two type A personalities that are professional athletes and travel the world for their job, not much of a surprise they couldn't make it work.

I'm sure the initial attraction was that they were both successful professional athletes but too many weekend traveling apart and not there to support each other or celebrate victories probably took its toll. At some point I'd guess each starts getting resentful of the others "career".   Neither one was going to give up their career for the relationship so no sense going forward with it.

I'm sure Rory has had plenty of temptations out on Tour so now he'll be free to explore what his wealth and fame can attract.

Joe Paradiso

I don't know why looks have anything to do with the success of a relationship. They only do if one of them lets their looks control their lives. There are plenty of other viable reasons relationships don't work especially when you are famous and live on the road.

Guys can never grasp this. Looks are at the top of the list for guys. Security and confidence works for most women. Looks don't go very far for most women.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator

How about this crap?

I'm with alrehalim_golf.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Maybe Michelle could teach Rory her putting setup and stroke.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I do not know these people personally, so cannot comment.

However I do know enough about the western media's online predilection for gossip and innuendo to know that none of these outlets / commentators know them either.

For a couple to send out wedding invitations and then pull the plug indicates that one or both of them realised they were not ready for it. To do this in private takes a certain amount of bravery, and to do it in public has to be horrible. To admit your doubts and to acknowldege them openly takes some balls - many people write these feelings off as pre-matrimony nerves, only to find themselves locked in a relationship that they were unsure of in the first place.

I like watching McIlroy knock balls around a course. His private life is his own, I ain't interested in the detail. I hope both of these kids get their heads together.

Taylor Made R11S 9 Degree

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

And that's the most important thing, after all.

She's a real horror, isn't she?

Never said it was the most important thing. But we seemed to have gotten off on a looks tangent and I felt like and still feel like chiming in.

Anyone can find a decent picture of a celebrity on the internet. Professional make up, hair stylist, lighting, etc.

But that goes both ways...

Joel Holden

I just wonder if its possible for two sports superstars (and as global top tenners we have to consider them this) to fall in love. My impression is that alpha sports people usually love themselves more than they do anyone else. I'm sure they can fall for someone who also loves them, but the second person in that relationship has to be subordinate

I'm trying to think when such marriages/ relationships have worked? All the ones that come to my mind have failed (albeit Chris Evert does seem to be the common factor in three of them). We've sport and celebrity/ music cross overs work, but I can't think there's been too many sport and sport successes

If Rory's supposed to have gotten cold feet and said it all felt wrong, well let me assure him, the prospect of having a top 10 womens world tennis player with an Irish surname really did feel weird. I was looking forward to trying to get my head round "game, set, and match, Mrs McIlroy"

4 top ten's in his last 4 tournaments....   Golfer's would kill for those "struggles."

Golfers? I don't think that golfers with 2 majors to their name and talent to win many more are happy with top 5's. I could be wrong though.

Michael

I don't think that golfers with 2 majors to their name and talent to win many more are happy with top 5's.

Agree to disagree on that one for sure. I mean of course he wants the win...but top 5's are definitely not struggling IMO.

Joel Holden

Note: This thread is 3332 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!