IGNORED

Rory McIlroy is quitzies (breaks engagement) with Caroline Wozniacki....

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 3332 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First week of "single Rory" and he's playing some of the best golf he has in two years. Hmmmmm.....

He's had eight top 10's in his last nine tournaments. Engaged Rory was playing pretty damn good golf. He just needs to get a win already.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Breaking this engagement was his best move since he joined the tour.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He's had eight top 10's in his last nine tournaments. Engaged Rory was playing pretty damn good golf. He just needs to get a win already.

Most of those top-10s were backdoor ones. This is actually the first time since really Honda he's in the hunt late in the round, and on that day, he was awful and shouldn't have even been in the playoff for as bad as he played.

Most of those top-10s were backdoor ones. This is actually the first time since really Honda he's in the hunt late in the round, and on that day, he was awful and shouldn't have even been in the playoff for as bad as he played.

That 2nd shot on 18 though....so awesome. If he just would have eagled that 10 footer :(

Joel Holden

better to end it now than getting married, having a couple kids and then breaking up.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisP

First week of "single Rory" and he's playing some of the best golf he has in two years. Hmmmmm.....

check.

The whole timing of the win is pretty funny any way you slice it.      Presumably, now that the drama and all that goes with it is behind him - I'm expecting even bigger things out of Rory

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

This whole deal is making me a huge fan of Rory. I like the fact that he did this and won at the same time. Just like when he switched to Nike, he is genuine to himself and the fans.

Wishing this young powerhouse a great year! I think it says a lot about wives/husbands/GFs/BFs of high profile athletes who really assume a selfless support role in their spouse's demanding careers. Not sure Ms. Woz would be up to it being a professional athlete herself. Good on them both for recognizing it and saving greater heartbreak further down the line. Takes maturity and courage.

Vishal S.

Wozniacki loses first set in first round of French Open to unseeded Belgian - watch this space

Ouch...

Is that like Rory losing a match-play to Brooks Koepka?

Joel Holden

She's won the second set it appears, but has hardly destroyed her opponent

I'm not sure what stereotype we have for Belgians. In fairness Henin and Clijsters have given Belgium women's tennis a recent boost, but that owuld probably make the pair the most famous Belgian's in history

I think she will win it and probably do better after she gets this round under her belt.

....... or not

Wozniacki denied that recent events had affected her game, explaining that she "felt comfortable on the tee, and was achieving a good length with her drives" she did however reserve harsh criticism for the course set up, complaining that "out of bounds down both sides was particularly harsh" and "never gave me a chance to get my putter working properly"

Apparently, some anonymous sources are claiming that Rory broke this off during a 3 minute phone call that Caroline initially took as a joke. If that's true, the dude is either very strange, socially awkward, both, or has another piece lined up on the side. If you're "crazy in love" with somebody today and then decide "wait.. this is not working out" tomorrow and you break it off over a 3 minute phone call 24 hours later - AFTER you sent out wedding invitations, something is seriously wrong with someone in that relationship. Just my opinion, but that is really, really, really messed up and weird. Forget about them being a celebrity couple for a minute and just try to process that logic as a rational, normal human being...

Apparently, some anonymous sources are claiming that Rory broke this off during a 3 minute phone call that Caroline initially took as a joke. If that's true, the dude is either very strange, socially awkward, both, or has another piece lined up on the side. If you're "crazy in love" with somebody today and then decide "wait.. this is not working out" tomorrow and you break it off over a 3 minute phone call 24 hours later - AFTER you sent out wedding invitations, something is seriously wrong with someone in that relationship. Just my opinion, but that is really, really, really messed up and weird. Forget about them being a celebrity couple for a minute and just try to process that logic as a rational, normal human being...

he must have totally freaked out....

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 3332 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!