IGNORED

Cutting down belly putter

Note: This thread is 3599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi I've recently bought a ping Scottsdale pickmeup belly putter. I'm wanting to cut the shaft down to35". I'm wanting to know if this will make a difference to the weight of the head and affect the swing? I've read someone's comments on another forum that it doesn't affect anything when cutting down belly putter it's more to do with broom handle one!? Anyone clear this up? Thanks

What's In My :: 9" Lightweight Stand Bag

R9 9.5 Degree Stiff Motore 65g
G10 3-Wood v2 Proforce High Launch Stiff
R7 Draw Rescue 3 + 4 Irons i15 green dot, + 1/2 inch- 5-PW 54+60 SM Tour Chrome Studio Style Newport 2 35 inch NXT Tour BallHome Course: http://www.ruffordpark.co.uk

I had my Ping belly putter cut down a few months ago. About 3 inches. Had a Super Stroker grip installed. I didn't really notice any difference in the head weight.

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Most times the head of a belly putter is heavier than the same head in a conventional putter. So when you cut it down it feels a little heavier. You may like it though. I didn't.

I've hit another problem now. The core of a super stroke grip won't fit on the putter as it's shaft is too thick!!! Dunno what to do now. Think ping belly grip is 0.610 and super stroke is 0.580

What's In My :: 9" Lightweight Stand Bag

R9 9.5 Degree Stiff Motore 65g
G10 3-Wood v2 Proforce High Launch Stiff
R7 Draw Rescue 3 + 4 Irons i15 green dot, + 1/2 inch- 5-PW 54+60 SM Tour Chrome Studio Style Newport 2 35 inch NXT Tour BallHome Course: http://www.ruffordpark.co.uk

Note: This thread is 3599 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!