IGNORED

Henrik with Callaway.......but that's Cleveland in his hand ????

Keith White
Note: This thread is 3613 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just watching a Euro tour show over here in UK, and a close up of Henrik Stenson clearly shows he's hitting a Cleveland wedge.  Is the deal with Callaway just for the iron set ??

Driver - Cleveland Launcher XL270
3 Wood - Cleveland Launcher HT FL3W
Hybrid - Adams A12OS 4h
Irons -  Mizuno MP54 5i - Pitch
Wedges - Cleveland 588 Rotex
Putter - Rife Mr Beasley
Remember, P23 - V4 !!

Every pro's deal is different, some are for woods, others irons and others the full bag.  Callaway permits Phil to use other manufacturers clubs if they can't provide him with a comparable club (Phil had a TM driver in his bag last year I believe), Henrik might have a similar deal.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just watching a Euro tour show over here in UK, and a close up of Henrik Stenson clearly shows he's hitting a Cleveland wedge.  Is the deal with Callaway just for the iron set ??

Most of the pros contracts require them to play a certain number of that companies clubs or their irons or woods or something like that. For Stenson, that might mean driver and irons but he's free to play somebody else's wedges and putters.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Most deals for PING, Callaway, Titleist, Srixon are for 10-12 clubs where you have to play the driver, irons and putter. TaylorMade has different kind of arrangements, some guys just play the woods. Last year Stenson was sponsored by TaylorMade but only used the driver. Most Callaway staff guys play the wedges, maybe Stenson just has one Cleveland wedge in the bag.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

If you're a club pro who gets sponsored by a company, chances are you have all Titleist in your Titleist bag, or all Callaway in your Callaway bag.

The golfers on the pro tours get more negotiating room on this.

And, not all clubmakers sponsor golfers. Several tour players use Tour Edge Exotics fairway woods, but they have to buy these from TE.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

And, not all clubmakers sponsor golfers. Several tour players use Tour Edge Exotics fairway woods, but they have to buy these from TE.

Literally buy? Does the same apply for Henrik's Cleveland wedge, or did he likely get that free from Cleveland? Is it just TEE that sells, but won't give, clubs to pros who want them? (I don't know the answer to it, I'm just curious and am not challenging you on this)

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Literally buy? Does the same apply for Henrik's Cleveland wedge, or did he likely get that free from Cleveland?

Is it just TEE that sells, but won't give, clubs to pros who want them?

(I don't know the answer to it, I'm just curious and am not challenging you on this)

Cleveland would make the wedges for him, those guys rarely pay for anything. TourEdge has clubs out there, I would be very surprised if they paid for those clubs

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I'm pretty sure that Ping only offers 14 club contracts.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

@shindig, @mvmac...

TOUR NEWS

At this time, Tour Edge does not pay any U.S. professionals to play our Tour Edge / Exotics clubs. They are played on Tour because of their performance and are chosen by players who believe our clubs give them the best chance for success. Therefore, to protect our players, no names will be mentioned in our Tour News updates.

Last season, TE mentioned that Brandt Schnedeker was playing Exotics fairway woods.

The Tour Edge guy will be at a regional demo day in two weeks... I'll get a clarification on how pros get the TE clubs.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

@shindig, @mvmac...

Last season, TE mentioned that Brandt Schnedeker was playing Exotics fairway woods.

The Tour Edge guy will be at a regional demo day in two weeks... I'll get a clarification on how pros get the TE clubs.

A few years ago, and unless things have changed, I met the president of TE and he said they did not pay endorsements, nor national advertising.

Note: This thread is 3613 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!