IGNORED

Ball Marker

Royster1984
Note: This thread is 3623 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I use a TST ball marker, of course!

I lost mine :mad:

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use a TST ball marker, of course!

Now I would definitely use one of those. Where can we get some?

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

• Administrator

No?

If I'm ever in a tournament I'll make an adjustment.

Better to make an adjustment now… because if you're ever playing against anyone for even a dollar, it'd be a silly thing to argue about (and you'd be on the wrong side of it).

TST ball markers… I'll make a thread.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have a lucky Peso that I picked up in Mexico, but mostly I use a magnetic jobby that is on a clip on my visor or hat.

I saw an interesting tip recently from a pro who puts his mark heads up, and if he has to move it, he flips it to tails to help remind him.

- Shane

I have a lucky Peso that I picked up in Mexico, but mostly I use a magnetic jobby that is on a clip on my visor or hat.

I saw an interesting tip recently from a pro who puts his mark heads up, and if he has to move it, he flips it to tails to help remind him.

Cool idea

Cool idea

I thought so. I don't have to move it often, but it would stink to forget to put it back. I thought about putting a red sharpie mark on the tails side, but then again, I don't wanna deface my lucky Peso. ;-)

- Shane

I use my THE Ohio State ball markers. :-D I also have my TST ball marker as well I use from time to time. Sometimes I'll use a quarter as well. I should try to find something more unique to use.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I thought so. I don't have to move it often, but it would stink to forget to put it back. I thought about putting a red sharpie mark on the tails side, but then again, I don't wanna deface my lucky Peso.

I been thinking about making my own at work and like the idea of having a side which indicates in needs to go back. Might spray one side green one side red :D

I do not care to use those plastic markers with the peg on the bottom.  Sure, they stay put but chances of moving the ball when removing the marker are much higher.   A  shiny dime works well as can easily be seen, fit pocket well and small cost if lost.

Joe:

You are obviously quite a bit younger than me.  The dime marker was replaced by a quarter years ago.  Like I can see a dime on the the green!  Won't be long before I'm marking a ball with something larger than a quarter!

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Joe:

You are obviously quite a bit younger than me.  The dime marker was replaced by a quarter years ago.  Like I can see a dime on the the green!  Won't be long before I'm marking a ball with something larger than a quarter!

dave

Ditto. I've been looking for used manhole covers. ;-)

- Shane

I been thinking about making my own at work and like the idea of having a side which indicates in needs to go back. Might spray one side green one side red :D

Just ALWAYS mark you ball with the "heads" side up.  If you move the mark, ALWAYS mark it "tails" side up.  That will serve as your reminder to move your mark back.

Gotta say though, I know it can happen, but in some 45+ years of play, I don't think I've ever forgotten to move my mark back.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Just ALWAYS mark you ball with the "heads" side up.  If you move the mark, ALWAYS mark it "tails" side up.  That will serve as your reminder to move your mark back.

Gotta say though, I know it can happen, but in some 45+ years of play, I don't think I've ever forgotten to move my mark back.

I've only been playing 1 year but forgot to move it back once and holed a 8 ft putt, luckily for me was in a social round and playing partner said dont worry about it just make sure you dont do it in a comp game :-D

I've only been playing 1 year but forgot to move it back once and holed a 8 ft putt, luckily for me was in a social round and playing partner said dont worry about it just make sure you dont do it in a comp game

Of course it's possible that I've blocked the painful memory of having done so! :-D

It's worth mentioning, that all players should be aware any time any other person moves his mark and take care to remind him to move it back.  ESPECIALLY the player for whom the mark was moved in the first place.  Common courtesy......and karma being what it is, what you sow, you'll surely reap! ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Quote:

Originally Posted by joekelly

I do not care to use those plastic markers with the peg on the bottom.  Sure, they stay put but chances of moving the ball when removing the marker are much higher.   A  shiny dime works well as can easily be seen, fit pocket well and small cost if lost.

Joe:

dave

You want one that hard to see - I have a copper colored bear from Jack Nicklaus Old Works Course in Anaconda, Montana.  I put that down, walked 5 feet a way and took a full minute to find it again.  Made me feel like an idiot.  Now I just keep it as a memento.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Of course it's possible that I've blocked the painful memory of having done so!

It's worth mentioning, that all players should be aware any time any other person moves his mark and take care to remind him to move it back.  ESPECIALLY the player for whom the mark was moved in the first place.  Common courtesy......and karma being what it is, what you sow, you'll surely reap!

In casual rounds with nothing on the line I've seen people forget to move it back and never knew (because I didn't tell them). I would say the odds are pretty good that I have done the same thing and never knew it.

I've never done it that I know of in a match that mattered where somebody would have called me on it.

I don't do the "heads/tails" thing but I think I will start (if I can consistently remember). :-D

You want one that hard to see - I have a copper colored bear from Jack Nicklaus Old Works Course in Anaconda, Montana.  I put that down, walked 5 feet a way and took a full minute to find it again.  Made me feel like an idiot.  Now I just keep it as a memento.

Some of the seniors in our Saturday games always use pennies and sometimes (especially when the greens are dormant) they would never find their mark if somebody didn't show it to them.

There are a few groups of all seniors that play a couple of times a week. When I change the holes after they play I almost always find pennies on the greens.

It's worth mentioning, that all players should be aware any time any other person moves his mark and take care to remind him to move it back.  ESPECIALLY the player for whom the mark was moved in the first place.  Common courtesy......and karma being what it is, what you sow, you'll surely reap!

I thought the rules have changed so that if you failed to mention it when you are aware of it, you are assessed a penalty stroke.

BTW, I my ball marker is my alma mater.  It has all white side and white/crimson side.  I use the white/crimson side to mark, and whenever I move my marker, I flip it to all white side.  That way, when I go back to my mark, I know whether I have moved my mark or not.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I'd go one farther for those that want to follow suit but are mentioning they'll do it if they can just remember......

get an all white poker chip and a sharpie

side one - smiley face

side two - an ARROW that points in the direction you need to "Move me back"

Bill - 

Quote:

Originally Posted by David in FL

I thought the rules have changed so that if you failed to mention it when you are aware of it, you are assessed a penalty stroke.

Nope.  Only the player is responsible for place his ball in the right spot.  However, he must authorize the fellow competitor or opponent to move it, or the marker must be replaced.

In match play, if the opponent in match play moves the ball or the marker without authorization, he is subject to a penalty stroke.  In stroke play there is no penalty on the fellow competitor, but the marker or ball must be replaced.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Note: This thread is 3623 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!