IGNORED

Ball Marker

Royster1984
Note: This thread is 3615 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Nope.  Only the player is responsible for place his ball in the right spot.

You beat me to it. That is exactly my opinion on the situation. It should be the player's business and nobody else's.

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

I have a Jamaican twenty-dollar coin

In response to my own post, this is what my marker looks like..

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

I use a 100 Colones coin, since it's unique, but I need to get something different. After about two years of use, it's starting to look like just another dead spot on the green due to tarnish if I have a long putt.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a bunch of markers from different clubs in my bag and I just use whatever comes out when I stick my hand in there. I prefer flat markers with the peg in the ground, but I'm not committed to it. Somebody once gave me one of those magnetic clips you can attach to your hat and I like the marker that came with it (PGA National) but I never use the clip. Feels weird.

Bill M

I use one of the plastic markers you get at the counter of the pro shop, but only bright yellow ones - easy for other people to see (except for one guy I play with who is so self-absorbed he wouldn't see it if I marked my putt with a grizzly bear).

Looking for some idea's on a new ball marker been using a poker chip but is a little big and boring.

What do you use to mark your ball on the green??

IMO..... a ball marker is a personality choice.   The marker you choose should reflect your personality.....why not?

For many years, I used a 1890s silver dollar.  Everybody knew me as  "MONEY".....so a silver dollar made sense.   It's a bit large, but I liked using it.  I'm a Buckeye too....so I have gravitated towards the magnetic divot repair tools with a school theme.  My divot tool has 2 magnetic markes.....a less than quarter sized Buckeye marker, and a small marker for near the hole.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I use whatever change is in my pocket. Although, just realized a guitar pick would make a cool ball marker.

Cool!!!!! I never thought of that. I have plenty of picks and will use them. Thx for the idea.  I will also buy the TST maker.

Cool!!!!! I never thought of that. I have plenty of picks and will use them. Thx for the idea.  I will also buy the TST maker.

Too bad I can't use my broken drumsticks. ;-)

- Shane

Leaving your ball marker and putting over it could be considered an alignment aid?

Yes.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Yes.

Leaving your ball marker and putting over it could be considered an alignment aid?

And yet you can have lines on your ball and lines on your club?

This seems absolutely ridiculous, you might as well putt blindfolded so you don't use old pitchmarks or trees in the background to assist with lining up.

:powerblt: Air force one complete set

:powerblt: TPS Putter

:oakley: Shirts

:footjoy: shoes

And yet you can have lines on your ball and lines on your club? This seems absolutely ridiculous, you might as well putt blindfolded so you don't use old pitchmarks or trees in the background to assist with lining up.

Really? :-\ Good grief.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rscott8

And yet you can have lines on your ball and lines on your club?

This seems absolutely ridiculous, you might as well putt blindfolded so you don't use old pitchmarks or trees in the background to assist with lining up.

Those are okay. :smartass:

You can use the marker, or a club laid on the ground for alignment as long as it's removed before you make your stroke.  You may also use an object or natural mark of some sort that was already in place when your ball came to rest.  On the tee, you can set your ball to line up with a broken tee or divot or leaf as long as it is already in place - you can't place it there and then line up to it.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I have a US silver dollar minted on my birth year. A couple times it's been hit, the first was when one of our group chipped on (after I had marked my ball). His ball come down flush on my coin and literally stopped dead in its tracks. Made a hell of a ding when it landed. The other time was on the exact same hole in the same group, another chap was ready to make his putt and I offered to move my marker for him but he said it was fine. Only it wasn't, his ball caught the edge of my coin and changed the direction of the ball by a good 2 feet (by the time it got past the hole). :) Btw, I was at the Tiberon last month and we were advised that we could only use "tournament" markers on the green (the little magnetic jobs on divot repair tools etc). This lasted one hole then we all went back to our own markers given we weren't playing in the Shark Shootout (or what ever it's called now?:) Regards Mailman

Mailman

Note: This thread is 3615 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!