IGNORED

2014 Erie/Cleveland/Pittsburgh/Buffalo Summer Get-Together (August 16-17)

iacas
Note: This thread is 3526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm sure they had quite a few chuckles at my expense. ;-)

What would they have found funny? You putting nearly every drive in the middle of the fairway? ;-P

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm sure they had quite a few chuckles at my expense.

My shots were so bad they couldn't even laugh, they just got really quiet.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

What would they have found funny? You putting nearly every drive in the middle of the fairway? ;-P

Oddly, it seemed like my driver malfunctioned whenever they were around except for the Punch-D (Trademark Symbol) on #4. ;-)

- Shane

It was great to meet everybody and a huge thank you to @iacas and @mvmac as hosts and for all that they did this weekend!

Ditto.

Also, thanks to everyone who traveled halfway around the world to come to Erie (or so it probably seemed) and contribute to the fun.

Last, thanks for welcoming this relative newcomer into the group.  I promise to post more in the future.

The next time any of you are in town - I am always happy to show people around one of my all-time favorite golf courses.

Marshall

@cedrictheo from his familiar fairway lie [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/104251/] [/URL] @macdaddy18 scrambling [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/104252/] [/URL] @rwolfe sticking one close [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/104253/] [/URL] @macdaddy18 [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/104254/] [/URL] The spoils of victory!  :dance: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/104255/] [/URL] Thanks to Cedric, Richard, and Mac for being great teammates.  Loved meeting and playing with you guys.  What a great weekend, it's awesome to meet everyone and put a face to a name. Special thanks to @iacas , @mvmac , @david_wedzik for all the work in putting the weekend together.  :beer:

Thanks Brian - sorry we didn't get any pics of you. Wish my game had been better, but it was a great event and fun playing w/ you, Richard, and Cedric. Hope you get some good info from your new Game Golf system and hope to see you guys again next year.

• Administrator

Heck of a drive…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Heck of a drive…

I'd been thinking the same thing, but don't know how to use the ruler thingy.  More likely that his shot drifted just a bit right and caught the "polar vortex" at about 280.  (Great name, by the way!) The fairways were soft enough that we weren't getting a whole lot of roll.

Marshall

Heck of a drive…

I know, I don't think I would have believed it if I Rob didn't find my ball right inside the red stakes... my first ball was right by that bunker to the right.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I know, I don't think I would have believed it if I Rob didn't find my ball right inside the red stakes... my first ball was right by that bunker to the right.

It was probably just one of your other tee shots from 3 holes earlier. :whistle:

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

It was probably just one of your other tee shots from 3 holes earlier.

Nah, I didn't use the same type of ball for a lot of shots. Lost so many I was playing random brand/types at this point rofl.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Maybe you hit a sprinkler head. In the end the ball went that far. Even that distance is too long for an outlier.  The ball had to hit something. Even still, to get your first ball down by that bunker on the right is a good strike. No shame in 280-290 on that one. You would have to have about 125-130 mph clubhead speed to have a chance of getting to the hazard there. I don't see a 15 mph jump in clubhead speed as possible.

Nah, I didn't use the same type of ball for a lot of shots. Lost so many I was playing random brand/types at this point rofl.

Then are you sure that was your ball, joking :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Then are you sure that was your ball, joking

:-D

Ryan M

I know which ball is mine because it's charred from re-entering the atmosphere. That is why I never mark my golf ball.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Maybe you hit a sprinkler head. In the end the ball went that far. Even that distance is too long for an outlier.  The ball had to hit something. Even still, to get your first ball down by that bunker on the right is a good strike. No shame in 280-290 on that one. You would have to have about 125-130 mph clubhead speed to have a chance of getting to the hazard there. I don't see a 15 mph jump in clubhead speed as possible.

Then are you sure that was your ball, joking

I assume something happened to make it travel that much extra distance. It wouldn't take much to convince me it just happened to be the same brand/type/number ball I hit for my provisional at this point.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

It was downwind and downhill.  I don't think you need 125-130 club speed to hit it that far in those conditions.  That bunker is probably closer to 310-315.  I am not saying I am the longest guy out, because I am not.  However, I have and do hit it 300 + often.  Not internet 300 + but the actual thing.  I have a Flightscope and I have had  unlimited access to a Trackman for the last 3 years.  I know my numbers and I know what I have seen actually happen.

I know which ball is mine because it's charred from re-entering the atmosphere. That is why I never mark my golf ball.

...and it usually has blood stains on it from whatever you killed last. :-P

- Shane

It was downwind and downhill.  I don't think you need 125-130 club speed to hit it that far in those conditions.  That bunker is probably closer to 310-315.  I am not saying I am the longest guy out, because I am not.  However, I have and do hit it 300 + often.  Not internet 300 + but the actual thing.  I have a Flightscope and I have had  unlimited access to a Trackman for the last 3 years.  I know my numbers and I know what I have seen actually happen.

I thought he was referring to the 381 yarder lol

Ryan M

Note: This thread is 3526 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!