IGNORED

Golf is a dying. How to make it more popular!

mikeylikesgolf
Note: This thread is 3586 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

All I can say is that if the cost of balls is a potential deal breaker for you, then you are either in the wrong game or you need to get better fast. :no:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

as I can attest NE was down due to unusual cold temps, winter kill, temp greens and over all market softening. I don't see. May as being much better. many of the courses that I have played in May, have been extremely quiet and Barron of players. According to Golf Datatech, golf rounds played in April were down 1.7 percent compared to April 2013. Among regions, the steepest declines were seen in New England, down 21.0 percent; Mid Atlantic, 11.0 percent; and South Atlantic, 4.8 percent. Most modest declines came in South Central, down 1.2 percent; and Pacific, off 0.8 percent. Gains were seen in Mountain, up 4.2 percent; West North Central, 15.3 percent; and East North Central, 2.8 percent. Public access play was down 1.5 percent and private course activity was down 2.4 percent. There were 3705 contributing golf courses used in this report.

In northern New England, the weather hasn't really gotten pleasurable for golf until the past couple of weeks.

In northern New England, the weather hasn't really gotten pleasurable for golf until the past couple of weeks.

Agreed and many courses have temp greens due to winter kill. Interesting that this same survey showed NE with 10% decline in rounds last fall qtr ( sept, October & November) despite record golfer days during that period due to great & unseasonably warm temps for Sept and Oct and early November.

Note: This thread is 3586 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!