IGNORED

What happened to my driver distance??

Gunther
Note: This thread is 3618 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played with 2 guys yesterday, both at my level (5-9 hcap). Both just bombed their drivers, 50-75 yds past me yet one guy was even with me on irons and the other was just one club ahead of me. As an example, I hit a 9I 135. I used to be a fairly long knocker but can't get a tee ball out of my shadow anymore. I'm not able to post a swing shot so this may be hard to answer but I'm looking for any thoughts on this. I should say, I damaged my right ring finger a year ago and have had to change to a 10 finger grip where I formerly interlocked

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Damn, inadvertently hit submit, sorry. Anyway I have 3 theories: 1. Driver doesn't fit me (new Callaway Ti black with a stock stiff shaft) 2. Maybe I'm casting the longer club but not the shorter ones? 3. Grip is affecting me, although iron distance same as ever. Would greatly appreciate feedback as this is beyond frustrating for me. Thanks!

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

• Administrator
1. Driver doesn't fit me (new Callaway Ti black with a stock stiff shaft)

2. Maybe I'm casting the longer club but not the shorter ones?

3. Grip is affecting me, although iron distance same as ever.

4. You're mishitting the driver.

5. You're hitting down on the driver.

6. You spin the driver too much.

Your friends could be hitting up and you could be hitting down (in combination with some other things).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4. I recognize when I mishit it, what's frustrating is when I feel I've really crushed it only to trot out about 230 yards and find it 50 yards behind my partner. 5. Hitting down, this could be an issue because I do put the ball further towards the middle of my stance (or back) than most folks do with a driver. My experience of late has been that the farther "up" I place the ball, the more my tendency is to push it right. 6. Too much spin, this would be caused by hitting down, yes? Thanks for the feedback, got some work to do...

Note: This thread is 3618 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!