IGNORED

MG Golf Glove

Note: This thread is 3616 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just received an offer in the mail to purchase 2 MG Golf DynaGrip All-Cabretta gloves for $9.95 + $3.75 shipping and handling.  They compare the glove to a Titleist Players Glove (Cabretta) which is the best glove that I have played.

Too good to be true?  Has anyone played the MG glove described above?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Probably pretty similar. When you buy a Titleist glove, $1 goes to Adam Scott ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't play with a glove but the only ones I ever bought were from MG Golf.

On the first tee box one of my playing partners about had a panic attack when he realized he didn't have a glove so I gave him a new one out of my bag that had never been worn.

I put the other one in my bag but before I ever used it the same guy asked me where I got that glove and said he really liked it. I walked over and got the other new one out of my bag and gave it to him.

So I have still never hit a ball with a glove, and that was about 5 years ago. ;-)

He seemed to like the gloves and he was a glove wearer so that's all I know.

(Then again he might have only liked them because he got them for nothing).

Note: This thread is 3616 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
  • Popular Now

• Day 8: Indoor backswing work, mostly rehearsals of takeaway. Hit some balls wtih 6-iron working on adding flow, but not too Much which I tend to do, swaying too far away from target. 
    • Day 55: 4/18/2024 Got to the range again today. Planned to do my priority pieces and then hit targets with irons. But after my priority pieces I hit a few drives and tugged them all hard left. .... Uh... oh boy.  So, I spent about a half hour trying to hit targets at the range with my driver. 
    • Day 126 (18 Apr 24) - Trail arm only drill with the LW…focused on letting the club drop, engaging the bounce and letting the club pop the ball up….wrapped up by repeating drill with both hands on the club…
    • OPPs, I guess I have been doing the drill incorrectly, just ignore this.  But as they say, mistakes are learning opportunities. Let’s hope I can learn from mine.
    • Some thoughts after the 1st 9 holes of the year. The driver was pretty good, nothing crazy. My miss seems to be just a push. The start line is a bit too far right for my taste, but they are drawing back at least. Hitting middle-ish of the face to slightly toe. Part of the right miss is a bit of open face and off the toe slightly.  Irons, some really good strikes, others were not so good. I am feeling a few things, when I am being mindful of the swing I made.  1) Got to get the pause down again, and keep things shorter (as usual). One of the best iron shots was when I tried to mimic Rahm's swing length, lol. I caught a flier and hit an 8-iron like 190 yards into an area of no return for that golf ball. The swing felt great 😉  2) I got to stay taller in transition, feel like I gain tons of space between my hands and my chest. The bad swing is the old swing, bad right elbow, tilt to lower the club. This was too much shallowing, and hitting the ball fat. I just think of it this way, you are bent over, and you can reach the ball at address. So, you can reach the ball at impact by getting your hands down.  3) The final thing is the timing. It might take some time to get some flow into the swing. Timing up hands down and the turn is a bit off. Focusing on the hands down kind of stalls everything for me, at least it feels like my hips do not turn. I end up hitting a decent strike, just feels meh athletically, lol.  Short game was Ok, which means pretty good for not practicing it. Not short, but not round destroying.  Putting, doing much better now that I quickened up my routine. Line up, looking at my target. Glance down at the ball to get into my stance. Glance up at my target spot again, then hit the ball with in like 1-2 seconds after looking back down at the ball. Trying not to get to static over the ball while putting.   

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...