IGNORED

How long is your commute to the course you play?

boomergolfer
Note:Β This thread is 3592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I live about 8 minutes from the nearest course. After that, I have to drive half an hour in any direction to get to another course.

I'm curious to know how long other people have to spend driving to and from the course.

I'm asking because I'm tired of the course I play.

It is bad condition.

It is very tight. Fairway then trees. no rough really.

You either hit the fairway or are punching out behind a tree. - hard to score well.

It is the only course around and everyone plays it but it is ran poorly in my opinion. They say they allow groups of 5. But there are almost always groups of 6 and even 8 out there. Drives me nuts!

The staff is polite. But the players don't seem to understand golf etiquette or even have common courtesy sometimes.

There is no one on the course from the staff that forces groups of 8 to breakup or instruct slower groups to allow others to play through etc...

There is no beverage cart on the course. You have to wait to make the turn get refreshments. I've never understood why. You can't tell me that they couldn't hire some young girls (like every other course) and pay them cheap to drive around and sell stuff to people playing their round.

All in all, I only play there because it is so convenient. But I've noticed after playing there all week I don't ENJOY my rounds there. I'm frustrated and irritated most of the time. In the end it does impact how well I play.

I'm wondering if I should just drive to another town and try different courses. I just dread the half hour drive after the round is over.

I live in south Georgia but I'm thinking that if I lived in a city like Atlanta etc... I'd have to drive half an hour anyway? So maybe half an hour drive isn't so bad. - especially if it is a nice course at a reasonable rate.

I love this game!

Depends where I play.Β  I have at least 2 courses within aΒ mile of my place so it takes me 50 seconds to get there if the one light in the way is green.Β  Like I've said before though I really like playing a different course every time I go out so I'm usually driving all over the place.Β  One course I like to play is about 25 miles away (one way) and I'm not willing to use a toll road to get there so it takes me probably 40 minutes in city traffic.Β  I've played other courses that were about 50 miles away (also one way) and they take me about an hour to get to since I can use the interstate.Β  50 miles is a long way to go for golf though and I don't do that often but staying in the metro area and driving 10-20 miles each way for a round doesn't bother me.

My home course is about 15-20 minutes depending on traffic and then there are 4 more courses within 5 minutes of it, one is 27 holes the rest 18. I consider myself pretty lucky to have this many courses this close.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3Β  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tourΒ Β 14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Living Phoenix, Az I am never far from a course ... I think the closest is 10 minutes away ... If I drove really slow ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There's a course a mile away from the house but its always packed on the weekend really slow. Tomorrow im driving about 30min to south ga to a course no tee times first come so I try to get there first play by my self most of the time never more then two hours to play 18. Played it in 1:20 one day

I have 5 courses within 5 miles. The course I play most is a little further though.....about 20 minutes. I have no problem driving 45 min to an hour for a quality course though. Fortunately, we've got plenty to choose from around here.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Not many courses around here close. The one where I work is about 5 or 6 miles away. The city course is about 10 miles away. Pretty nice country club about 9 miles away and I think they are allowing public play now but I haven't had time to go down there. There is a 9 hole "course" a couple of miles away but it's so bad that even I won't play there (and I'm not picky at all). They do have the hardest par 3 in the world though (slight hyperbole but not much). ;-) After that everything is at least an hour away, so special occasions only.

There's a course a mile away from the house but its always packed on the weekend really slow.

Tomorrow im driving about 30min to south ga to a course no tee times first come so I try to get there first play by my self most of the time never more then two hours to play 18. Played it in 1:20 one day

What's the name of the course you'll play tomorrow? I live in south ga too.

I've been looking around all night and may try to play Kinderlou ForestΒ or one of the courses in Tallahassee FL.Β if need be.

I love this game!

My home course is 15 minutes. There is another 9 hole course that is about the same, but I rarely play it.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Hyland Hills and Legacy Ridge? [quote name="Strandly" url="/t/74781/how-long-is-your-commute-to-the-course-you-play#post_994575"]Depends where I play.Β  I have at least 2 courses within aΒ mile of my place so it takes me 50 seconds to get there if the one light in the way is green.Β  Like I've said before though I really like playing a different course every time I go out so I'm usually driving all over the place.Β  One course I like to play is about 25 miles away (one way) and I'm not willing to use a toll road to get there so it takes me probably 40 minutes in city traffic.Β  I've played other courses that were about 50 miles away (also one way) and they take me about an hour to get to since I can use the interstate.Β  50 miles is a long way to go for golf though and I don't do that often but staying in the metro area and driving 10-20 miles each way for a round doesn't bother me. [/quote]

Dave :-)

Ten minutes / 3.5 miles. And, it's along the way to work, so in warm weather I can hit balls after work, or play a late 9 if the course isn't too crowded.

And, a half-mile south of the course is my workout gym. Some days I'll stop by the gym for 10 minutes of elliptical machine before I warm up at the course.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• CompletedΒ KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking Academy:Β Fitting, Assembly & RepairΒ School (2012)

Driver:Β  :touredge:Β EXSΒ 10.5Β°, weights neutralΒ  Β ||Β Β FWs:Β Β :callaway:Β RogueΒ 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball: Β image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.pngΒ QStar Tour - DivideΒ  ||Β Β Bag: :sunmountain:Β Three 5 stand bag

The courses near my place?Β  Nah Homestead and Fox Hollow.

Forgot about those, thought you are further north. Amazing how many courses in CO are close together.

Dave :-)

Forgot about those, thought you are further north. Amazing how many courses in CO are close together.

Yeah I think there are at least 2 more within 2 miles of this place too but they're either private or aren't on golfnow so I'm not sure of exact location.

I live about 3-5 mins. from trump national, but I will Never go there. I have a nice city 9 hole course about 15 mins. away, then a 18 hole muni about 40 mins. away. Then there are countless courses up to 2 hours away, depending on how much ya wanna spend, like up to 300.00 a round... :bugout:

15 minutes from 5 courses, and 5 minutes from 2 of them.

So. Cal. has lots of courses, dozens and dozens. B-)

:ping:Β  :tmade:Β Β :callaway:Β Β Β :gamegolf:Β Β :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Roughly 3 courses with 10 minutes drive and close to 20 within a 20 minute drive. Lots of courses to choose from :-)

Henry

Note:Β This thread is 3592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!