IGNORED

How long is your commute to the course you play?

boomergolfer
Note: This thread is 3615 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I probably have 8 courses within 20 minutes of work and home but I only play 3...

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The course I typically play is about 2.5 blocks away.  Well, the green for the 2nd hold and tee box for 3 is about 2.5 blocks away.  The clubhouse is about a mile drive.

My club is about 6 miles from the house - 15 minutes on a Saturday morning. 45 minutes if I were to venture out after 3 during the week - which is why I have never gone there for a *range session.*

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I don't have "a" course.   In Michigan, there are so many that it is easy to play a different course each week and not run through them all.   I live within 1/2 mile of a local course but there must be over 25 within a 30 minute drive.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

What's the name of the course you'll play tomorrow? I live in south ga too. I've been looking around all night and may try to play Kinderlou Forest or one of the courses in Tallahassee FL. if need be.

I live in ne fl. I played folkston its cheaper course some really short par 4s I played 45 holes this morning and was home at 2:00. no tee times only got behind one group and they let us Play thru

I hate you all. Minimum is 45 min. Average is 1.5 hours. If I take the commuter train, 2 hours.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I hate you all. Minimum is 45 min. Average is 1.5 hours. If I take the commuter train, 2 hours.

Where are you?  Commuter train to play golf?  WOW.   I guess I was blindsided and thought golf courses were plentiful everywhere.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Where do you normally play?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I live in the heart of a big city. Have to get out to the suburbs to play. Car or train, whatever. LI, NJ, Hudson Valley. Don't get me started what a PITA it is to get to a range.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

4 minutes.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I don't really have a home course since moving to SLC, but the 6 that I play most often are all under 20 mins. Closest is 5 mins. There are probably 15 courses to choose from that are within 20 mins.

I live off the strip in vegas, Driving to courses range from 15 minutes to about an hour (pauite,pharump,boulder city). I couldn't imagine having to always play one course all the time. I like the experience of trying new courses. My goal was to play all the Las Vegas courses on Golfnow but they added the Wynn ($500 a round) to the site so that goal isn't going to happen

One mile away from house are two 18 holes courses and two 9 hole courses. It takes me probably three minutes to get to there, with the exception of a few pesky traffic lights.

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

2 courses "near" me. The first one which is the better one, but really busy on weekends is 30 minutes drive. The other one is 40 minutes. Before I bought my car I use to do it on my 125cc Honda Wave with my clubs across my shoulders and resting on the back seat! That was fun coming back in the dark on country roads with clueless Thai drivers flying past. I have been known to travel over 3 hours to play golf, but that was to play Amata Springs in Chonburi which is rated as one of the best in the country.

Oh yeah all the big and fancy 18 hole courses are the ones I actually have to drive further to get to. The ones near me though offer everything I need, including a driving range.

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

If i dont want to spend more than 40/round then I have to drive anywhere from 30-60 min. Being in Houston, it could be 10 miles but those 10 miles could take an hour with traffic. I personally like the drive to the course, I like to do some course planning on my way there.

If you dont like your course, take the time to drive somewhere else.....

Note: This thread is 3615 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!