IGNORED

Memorial Day 2014

David in FL
Note: This thread is 3621 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Those who have been around here for awhile understand the significance of my Avatar.  Every year my daughter (sadly, now long out of her girl scout uniform) gets up at the crack of dawn to go out with her Godfather (like me, a retired Marine) and my Eagle Scout Godson to place flags at the grave-sites of service men and women at our local veteran's cemetery.   This year, the tradition continues......

I'd ask that as we head out to the course, the beach, or just get ready to fire up the grill with friends and family, we take a moment to reflect on the men and women who died while serving their country and helped provide us with the freedom to enjoy whatever it is that we'll be doing today, and every other day too.

Thanks.

• Upvote 4

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Those who have been around here for awhile understand the significance of my Avatar.  Every year my daughter (sadly, now long out of her girl scout uniform) gets up at the crack of dawn to go out with her Godfather (like me, a retired Marine) and my Eagle Scout Godson to place flags at the grave-sites of service men and women at our local veteran's cemetery.   This year, the tradition continues......

I'd ask that as we head out to the course, the beach, or just get ready to fire up the grill with friends and family, we take a moment to reflect on the men and women who died while serving their country and helped provide us with the freedom to enjoy whatever it is that we'll be doing today, and every other day too.

Thanks.

Hear hear.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

A friend of mine lost his son in Afghanistan a couple of years ago.

I can't even pretend to know his pain so all I can say is thank you to the guys and their families that paid the ultimate price.

None of us would have what we have without them.

My dad passed away a couple of weeks ago so special thanks to the "kids" of his generation that he served with that never made it home from WWII.

My dad passed away a couple of weeks ago so special thanks to the "kids" of his generation that he served with that never made it home from WWII.

I'm sorry to hear that, @MS256 .

A nod of silence, respect, and admiration for all veterans and those currently serving. Thank you.

Constantine

A great thread ... @ms256 ... I lost my dad in 2009 another WWII vet ... @dave in fl, what a great way to start my day by reading your story about your daughter.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Definitely. It's all too easy to take our freedoms for granted. Hats off too those who have made the ultimate sacrifice and their families.

- Shane

We all owe our freedom we enjoy to those who serve to protect it. I salute all those who serve this country.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

A little late to this thread, but I thought I'd say that respect and whatnot are great, but we should all think a little more about our returning vets.

My wife does some work with the VA in mental health and substance abuse.  I'll never know (well, hopefully) their experience, but I can tell you just from what she's told me that it is hard to come back.  So many guys struggling through, barely above water, drinking their way through their return with minimal or no help from the VA or the military.  A good friend's brother did four tours as a tank driver.  He smokes pot 24/7 and is addicted to oxy (started with a prescription for back pain from an injury during one of his tours), and he's doing well compared to a lot of his buddies because he's generally functional day to day and is holding down a job.

Lots of guys do okay coming home, but lots don't, and it's shameful how little we help them after sending them off to war.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

A little late to this thread, but I thought I'd say that respect and whatnot are great, but we should all think a little more about our returning vets.

My wife does some work with the VA in mental health and substance abuse.  I'll never know (well, hopefully) their experience, but I can tell you just from what she's told me that it is hard to come back.  So many guys struggling through, barely above water, drinking their way through their return with minimal or no help from the VA or the military.  A good friend's brother did four tours as a tank driver.  He smokes pot 24/7 and is addicted to oxy (started with a prescription for back pain from an injury during one of his tours), and he's doing well compared to a lot of his buddies because he's generally functional day to day and is holding down a job.

Lots of guys do okay coming home, but lots don't, and it's shameful how little we help them after sending them off to war.

Agree, but that's not what Memorial Day is all about.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Agree, but that's not what Memorial Day is all about.....

Fair enough.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Note: This thread is 3621 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!