IGNORED

Padraig H. Sitting out of ANOTHER Major.

Crim
Note: This thread is 3593 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Paddy had to shoot two nice rounds at the US Open qualifier the last couple days. That didn't happen and he will be watching the US Open on the telly, much like he did with the Masters. It will be the first US Open he's missed in 15 years. At least he's starting to make the cuts in the tournaments he's been entering, just not enough at this point.

In other Irish news...Shane Lowry continues with his BMW Championship good form and posted the best qualifier score.

http://www.europeantour.com/mm/document/tournament/tournaments/22/43/92/_english.pdf

Welcome to Pinehurst, Shane!

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

That's too bad for Paddy.  I always liked him and wish I got to see more of him.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

One has to wonder if he doesn't really regret embarking on the swing changes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

One has to wonder if he doesn't really regret embarking on the swing changes.

I'm sure he does, I'll never understand why players go through swing changes when they are playing really well.

I'm in the if it ain't broke don't "fix it" mindset.

Joel Holden

I'm sure he does, I'll never understand why players go through swing changes when they are playing really well.

I'm in the if it ain't broke don't "fix it" mindset.

I think Tiger's swing revamp after his 1st Master's win by 12 stroked in 1997 (because he wanted to be more consistent) encouraged a lot of players to constantly strive to be better.  The adage- if you are not improving, then you are getting passed also comes to mind.

As many of us know, making swing changes can be difficult- it may be better for many to stick with a "flawed" but consistently repeatable swing that is working well for them rather than trying to retrain muscle memory to consistently repeat a improved swing.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

I saw an interview with Paddy where he explained that if he thought he could improve he would do whatever he could to do it.  I think it was during a master press conference a few years back, maybe 2012.  He noted that over the prior 5 years, nobody had won more majors than him.  He seemed very sure in his decision.  Publicly, at least.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I saw an interview with Paddy where he explained that if he thought he could improve he would do whatever he could to do it.  I think it was during a master press conference a few years back, maybe 2012.  He noted that over the prior 5 years, nobody had won more majors than him.  He seemed very sure in his decision.  Publicly, at least.

He just recently changed his mindset about practicing and posted it on his facebook journals. He stated he was practicing far too much for his age and had to tone it done lately. Subsequently right after...he started playing better and making cuts. Was even in contention going into Sunday a couple weekends ago.

Live and learn I guess. Sometimes you just learn too late. Who knows what would have happened if him and Tiger would have just kept with the swings that had them dominating.

Joel Holden

Really disappointing, other golfers who didn't qualify include Robert Karlsson, Jose Maria Olazabal, Alvaro Quiros, Rafa Cabrera Bello, and my personal favorite Siddikur Rahman

Riley

Note: This thread is 3593 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!