IGNORED

M Wie - Real men use pushcarts

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3617 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I love my push cart even though I feel like I'm pushing a shopping cart sometimes.

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/05/critics-of-college-players-usi.html

I like how the two they quoted, Trent Dilfer and Bo Van Pelt were all indignant about it.  Van Pelt has someone carry his bag now.  And who cares what Dilfer thinks.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like how the two they quoted, Trent Dilfer and Bo Van Pelt were all indignant about it.  Van Pelt has someone carry his bag now.  And who cares what Dilfer thinks.

LOL, QFT.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Faux-macho bullshit from the both of them.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I use a gas powered cart. Much easier on my legs. Although while I was watching this event, which I found quite enjoyable btw, I kept thinking it was unfair that these other guys were carrying their bags.

James

I use a gas powered cart. Much easier on my legs. Although while I was watching this event, which I found quite enjoyable btw, I kept thinking it was unfair that these other guys were carrying their bags.

I think if they want to be "cool" instead of practical that is their own issue though right?

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I love my push cart even though I feel like I'm pushing a shopping cart sometimes.

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/05/critics-of-college-players-usi.html

“Push carts are a BAD look for these kids,” wrote Dilfer, a former NFL quarterback and an avid golfer. “C’mon Man, how can a college kid not be carrying his bag?”

“Agreed 100%,” replied the PGA Tour’s Bo Van Pelt.

Are they right? No, said Dr. Neil Wolkodoff, medical director of the Colorado Center for Health and Sports Science, who once conducted a study on the physical benefits of using a push cart vs. carrying your bag.

Journalism by quoting trolls. But I guess more momentum against the pushcarts suck crowd is a good thing.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I use a push cart normally and I think it looks stupid for a college player to use one.

Before the rain of fire from all the push cart lovers just note you are entitled to your opinion just as I am to mine.

I was on the push-carts-are-for-old-people-wagon but I'm considering that standpoint. That or my definition of old just dropped down to old is 33 years.

Europeans, pushcarts/trolleys don't have the negative stigma that there exists here in the US, am I correct?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Can't speak for all the Europeans but within my group of people all 33 years of age, nobody has one. And I can guarantee you that the first one that shows up with one will be made fun off.

Quote:

Faux-macho bullshit from the both of them.

Haha indeed.  The fact that a caddie using PGA player would say it is even more asinine.

Nike Commercial. I love my speedy golf cart! Huh? Motorized carts are for wimps. I walk and use my trusty trolley. Trolley? You've been emasculated, I walk and use a carry bag. Carry bag? You fool, who needs a bag, I carry all my clubs with me bare hands. Clubs? Who needs clubs, I just pick up whatever stick I see and rock I can find.
  • Upvote 1

Steve

Pushcarts are an issue? Why exactly? Are they not trying to pull more people to the game, if you pardon the pun? I don't see the attraction in lugging a bag of clubs over 18 holes and 7200+ yards.

Please.

If courses were designed to be interesting and less than 6500 yards with turf-friendly wide-wheeled carts, more people will play. Truth is is that course design is horrid, the rough is penal on most courses (Pro's ball sales are the No 1 consumable a shop makes money on), and in the long term, everyone loses.

BVP can kiss my ass - he has a looper to save his back.

Taylor Made R11S 9 Degree

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

• Administrator

I use push carts when I can. I had my own as a kid - 16, 17, 18. I have two or three I use now. My kid will get one soon too.

I never wanted "I'm tired from carrying 30 pounds around" to be a valid excuse for not getting to or wanting to play more golf.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think I own a push cart, but I don't recall ever using it. I like the little extra exercise that comes from lugging my bag all over the course...its very masculine.

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

I agree with many of the sentiments of the pro pushcart commenters here: http://www.geoffshackelford.com/homepage/2014/5/27/you-know-were-doomed-when-theres-a-push-cart-debate.html?lastPage=true&postSubmitted;=true

Steve

I'm there to play golf, not an endurance exercise. I like to walk because I enjoy the experience more. Carrying a bag on my back takes away from the enjoyment. Plus I can put more crap in my bag with a push cart.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 3617 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!