IGNORED

M Wie - Real men use pushcarts

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3612 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't know, I feel like carrying the bag adds to that enjoyment. I like the varied opinions on this..

We must harness the crystiles.

:tmade: Nubbins B7 Putter

:tmade: r7 460 Graphite Driver

My son went to visit with his wife's cousin and her husband (and quite a golfer) a few weeks ago and they played a round at his country club.

He told me almost everybody walks at that club and carries their bags, as they did.

When they got home the wife asked her husband how he liked his new push cart she had bought him. He said he didn't use it because he was afraid he would have been looked at like a wimp since everybody else was carrying.

My son laughed and told him if he had one he sure would have used it...and not cared what anybody else thought. :-D

My club doesn't allow pushcarts, if you want to walk you either carry your own bag or your pay $80 for a caddie to carry it.  I asked once why they didn't allow push carts and after they looked at me like I had three heads told me that pushcarts didn't fit into the image the club and membership wanted to portray.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

My club doesn't allow pushcarts, if you want to walk you either carry your own bag or your pay $80 for a caddie to carry it.  I asked once why they didn't allow push carts and after they looked at me like I had three heads told me that pushcarts didn't fit into the image the club and membership wanted to portray.

What image is that? :-P

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Pushcarts... meh I'd rather carry my bag, better exercise.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

What image is that?

The "Fat guys riding in carts" look. :bugout:

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

The "Fat guys riding in carts" look.

That's what I'm saying. I can see having a caddie. But not at the same time as allowing golf carts.

For example, you can do whatever you like before about 2pm on the Ocean Course at Kiawah Island. After 2 you can take a cart, or maybe later.

But if the club allows carts just about anytime, I have a hard time understanding how people walking with a push-cart is a worse image than a cart.

Methinks his real answer was/is "The club makes no money from push carts."

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Me thinks that can be the only reason. The longer I think about the pushcart the more I think about getting me one as long as it fits in my car.

What image is that?

No idea, after the look I got, I decided not to pursue it further.  There's a weird mentality at my club that real golfers walk, not ride.  I usually ride because I run 5 days a week and golf for recreation, not exercise.  What's funny is when I play with walkers, they will always sit in the cart cause they are tired of standing and ask me to give them a ride up a hill while they hang on to the back.

Joe Paradiso

That's what I'm saying. I can see having a caddie. But not at the same time as allowing golf carts.

For example, you can do whatever you like before about 2pm on the Ocean Course at Kiawah Island. After 2 you can take a cart, or maybe later.

But if the club allows carts just about anytime, I have a hard time understanding how people walking with a push-cart is a worse image than a cart.

Methinks his real answer was/is "The club makes no money from push carts."

I thought that was the case too but they don't make money off the caddies either as we pay them cash directly and they pocket the money.

Joe Paradiso

Ha, I don't know if I could resist a smartass remark after hearing something this absurd.

I'm kinda looking forward to living somewhere where carts aren't thrown in with every round, it would probably put me over the edge and get me walking.

What image is that?

Maybe using push carts looks like pushing food shopping carts? An attitude that only the "little people" shop for their own food? I dunno. In the supermarket I carry my groceries in a food basket, shopping carts are for wimps :-D . Just tossing that shot in the dark out there.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

For those of you "I carry my bag, dammit!!" purists, there's a study of there that says using a push cart burns as many calories as carrying your bag.

Colin P.

For those of you "I carry my bag, dammit!!" purists, there's a study of there that says using a push cart burns as many calories as carrying your bag.

Who says I need to burn calories? Haven't you seen my avatar? I do it for the extra weight while walking, similar to wearing a weight vest or ankle weights.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

The push cart vs whatever subject is back huh? I have a pushcart that i use all the time even on nine hole courses. Im 6'3 175 lbs and i rarely smile on the course because im terrible. Being that i look like the angry black man while golfing nobody has ever made fun of me. Who cares what people think anyway?
  • Upvote 1

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Lmao @ all the mascul ine/purist bullshit.

I didn't even know this was a real debate until now. The must be a lot of "wimps" at the courses I play the most...damn near everyone uses a push cart. If they're walking, the vast majority are pushing those sticks around in a trolley. I might even get a remote controlled pushcart next.

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

I would love to get one of those pushcarts if it was practical, but I don't play courses that even allow walking often enough to justify owning one.

I find it strange that lots of courses insist on carts or caddies! It just doesn't happen here in the uk! I would guess by far the majority of golfers i see walk, the younger ones tend to carry, the middle age use push carts, it's only the old or fat that seem to use carts but not even many of them do! I would guess that originally golf was meant to be played on foot, and clubs would be carried, obviously there is much more equipment available and course have got longer so a push/pull cart would have been a natural progression, It's only since I've played abroad and read on here that cart courses are indeed widespread! But over hear a round would cost anything between £15 & £40 depending on course and time, and a cart would be an extra £20, doubling the average price of a round, which is probably why carts aren't popular over here, not to mention that real men use push carts!

Gaz Lee

Note: This thread is 3612 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!