IGNORED

Question for stand bag users....

Note: This thread is 3568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Pretty much all the pics I see of stand bags have the irons and putter at the bottom(legs part of bag) dividers, and woods at the top(pockets, etc).  Even when on push/pull carts? Do you switch your clubs when on riding carts?  Do the woods get in the way when selecting your irons then?

Just about any bag other than a dedicated "cart bag" will be set up like that.  Cart bags have most of the pockets opposite the carrying strap so they're more easily accessed on the cart.

To answer your question, I've always just put my bag on the cart with the irons and putter outboard and made sure that I had what I needed from the pockets before strapping it in....tees, repair tool, an extra ball, etc...  No changing of clubs needed.  If something comes up, I deal with having to unstrap the bag to get to a pocket, but it's not a real big deal.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pretty much all the pics I see of stand bags have the irons and putter at the bottom(legs part of bag) dividers, and woods at the top(pockets, etc).  Even when on push/pull carts? Do you switch your clubs when on riding carts?  Do the woods get in the way when selecting your irons then?

That's how my stand bags are set up (except I keep the putter up with the woods). I keep it that way in the cart as well, I've never had any issues getting any of the clubs out.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

That's how my stand bags are set up (except I keep the putter up with the woods). I keep it that way in the cart as well, I've never had any issues getting any of the clubs out.

Yeah, this is precisely what I do.  Even with the putter. ;)

I tried the opposite for awhile but it was goofy, so I went back.  It's not that big of a deal to have to push a couple fo clubs out of the way to get to a wedge or something.

I strap my stand bag in with the legs facing the seat, that way the pouches are facing out the back.  You have to push clubheads around no matter what so strap it in the most convenient way imo.

Hmmm, never really thought about it. The "wood" slots are on one side, while the "iron" areas are on the other. The putter slot is on one end. Which happens to be the end that is facing AWAY from the cart when it's strapped in (legs toward seat). But since I have one of the jumbo grips on it. I have a small clip that holds the putter on the outside of the bag anyway. While I COULD use the putter slot without a problem- having the clip with the jumbo grip makes it easier.

I have always had my woods on the handle side of the bag, and have always kept my putter with the woods. With the old tour style bags, room permitting, I would often put them on the cart "side ways" so the front, side, and ball pockets were still reachable.

I recently aquired a cheapie stand bag that works great for cart or walking. The woods on the carrying handle side, but there is a putter slot there actually between the woods and the handle. I put the irons progressively shorter toward the legs. When using a cart, the leg side goes toward the seat, and the pockets are made so they are all still accessible.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

I actually strap my bag in sideways when using a cart.  I do not need the pocket on the side facing the cart.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Sorry thought it said "question for sand baggers" ...

but since I am here anyway ... I do not switch when in a cart ... for some reason my bag always turn sideways in the cart about 2 holes in ... but no issue getting to my putter; in fact, I usually put my wedges (100 yrds and in) and putter close to together, then 8,9, PW with driver ... the longer-range clubs (160+ yards) are in the middle ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I have a SunMountain SuperLite 3.5 stand bag, and it actually has a strap tunnel build into the side of the bag for when you put it onto a riding cart. You run the cart strap through the tunnel, and then fasten the belt. It prevents the bag from bouncing around on the back, and less likely to come loose.

I can get to all the pouches without removing the bag. The strap tunnel runs between the club-holding slot and the pouches.

I just leave the clubs with woods by the strap, wedges by the stand legs, with the stand legs side against the back of the cart.

This can, however, be a problem for people who aren't very tall, trying to fish out the right club from a bag on a riding cart. My wife is only 4-foot-9, and she just got new Adams Idea Petites - custom fit - with a new bag. This cart bag has 14 slots - plus a putter well in front. The longer woods go in the center slots, and the shorter-shafted irons and wedges go around the sides. Besides finally having clubs that fit, hopefully the bag arrangement will make it easier for her to find the club she needs.

I wish I could put a little shelf behind her bag on the riding cart - maybe a foot off the ground - so she could stand on it when she needed clubs, or wanted a better view of what's ahead.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I can't remember the last time I took a cart, but I imagine I would just leave it the same. I do put my putter up with my woods though. After I lost my putter headcover (which I don't miss at all), I put it up there to it wasn't banging around with my wedges.

• 1 month later...

I was finding that it was a real pain to grab my putter when set up in that fashion with my stand bag so I moved it to the top next to my driver.  Otherwise all clubs are in order wedges closest to the legs and irons in ascending order moving up towards my woods/driver/putter.  I am pleased with this set up but do find when I ride I start moving my clubs around a bit almost in a circular fashion ( I have a 14 way divider but only carry 11)

I've got a Taylormade stand bag that my buddy gave me. It has 4 dividers I think. Driver goes in by itself at the top. 3 wood goes in with my 4, 5, and 6 irons. 7 wood goes in with my 7, 8, and 9 irons. PW, AW, and SW are in the bottom with my putter.

For me it doesn't matter because I try to walk the course and use a pull cart (which I don't like) and there's a 50-50 chance that my bag will roll while on it 90 degrees.

It's a pain getting my driver and woods out of the bag and putting them back in so I'm probably going to think about replacing that as well as my pull cart and putter. (Have to pass that by my CFO first. She mentioned diamonds or something the other week... so I may just have a chance.)

Chris

I don't play golf, I play at golf. There's a difference.

TM RBZ driver, RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3 wood, RBZ 7 wood, TM Burner 2.0 4-AW, Cleveland CG16 Black Pearl 56* sand wedge, Yes! Golf Valerie putter, Snake Eyes golf balls, TM stand bag

Never thought of putting my putter in with my drivers, but that's a darn good idea. Going to try that out for my next round.

I've been doing it a long time ago.  Back when, before every putter had a headcover, someone told me that was the best way of keeping it safe.  I don't always put the covers back on during a round (helps cut down on losing them), though I usually try and put the putter cover back on.

I've been doing it a long time ago.  Back when, before every putter had a headcover, someone told me that was the best way of keeping it safe.  I don't always put the covers back on during a round (helps cut down on losing them), though I usually try and put the putter cover back on.

I used to caddy back in the early/mid 60's and the putter always went with the woods.  6 iron and longer in the middle, 7 iron and shorter in the 3rd section.

Driver: R7 425,  3-wood: V-Steel
3H Burner,  4-pw: R9 TP
SW: Vokey, 56-10
Putter: Cameron

Note: This thread is 3568 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!