IGNORED

Grip

Note: This thread is 3619 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

All random question and hopefully someone might have an idea to help me I have severe palmar psoriasis on my left hand mostly across the heel of the palm under my little finger, this means to hold the club normally here running through index finger and out the bottom of my hand is very painfull and leaves me in agony for days after each round, ive tried everything to alleviated this but nothing stops it The best thing ive found is move the grip to a palm focused grip with my left hand really on top of the club, this seems to keep the affected areas away from the club enough that i can almost play freely The issue is with a palm grip this opens the clubface somewhat, which is killing my long clubs, straight fade city and big ones!!! The smaller clubs i can manipulate enough to avoid this So not your average grip issue question but if anyone has any ideas how to get/keep that face square/closed with the grip im forced to used it would be greatly appreciated!!

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

Not advice as such but have a look on youtube for Mo Norman, he used a palm based grip and he was one of the straightest hitters of a golf ball.

Cheers ive checked that out but his palm grip is on the side of the club whereas mines on top, thanks though made interesting reading :)

I gotta ask...is your palmar psoriasis being treated?

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I gotta ask...is your palmar psoriasis being treated?

On and off, ive had every topical cream and uv treatment going, sometimes it responds but often it doesnt, ive found the most effective treatment is to stop irriating it, bandaging heavily when i have to do any manual work and generally just keeping it moisturised

On and off, ive had every topical cream and uv treatment going, sometimes it responds but often it doesnt, ive found the most effective treatment is to stop irriating it, bandaging heavily when i have to do any manual work and generally just keeping it moisturised

Have you tried a heavier glove like a winter glove?  It would provide more padding.  If that worked, you could change your grips to a smaller size to make up the difference the glove adds.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First thing i tried, didnt help a great deal, any twisting motion at all irritates it badly so staying off it is the only option I had a play with my club earlier and setting the grip and found if i take a palm grip with my hand on the left side of the club, then relax my wrist the shaft stays straigh and clubface square, then with a few practice swings everything seems to return as normal at impact and releases through the follow theough If i take my palm grip with the hand on top of the shaft, as soon as i relax my wrist it automatically opens the face and lays the shaft forwards, pracyice swings return the club to impact open and releasing in the follow through is really hard, the face stays open for ages So i wonder if thats what i was doing? Just getting to on top of it?

First thing i tried, didnt help a great deal, any twisting motion at all irritates it badly so staying off it is the only option

I had a play with my club earlier and setting the grip and found if i take a palm grip with my hand on the left side of the club, then relax my wrist the shaft stays straigh and clubface square, then with a few practice swings everything seems to return as normal at impact and releases through the follow theough

If i take my palm grip with the hand on top of the shaft, as soon as i relax my wrist it automatically opens the face and lays the shaft forwards, pracyice swings return the club to impact open and releasing in the follow through is really hard, the face stays open for ages

So i wonder if thats what i was doing? Just getting to on top of it?

I'm not sure if I am following the grip that you were trying to use when it was irritating your palm. However, I do recommend this older Mark Crossfield tutorial on grip. My grip is very similar and I think this may help you avoid irritating your palm as well since you're adding pressure to the base of your fingers and not your palm.

If you look at your left palm, trace a line from the bottom of your little finger to the centre of your wrist (i know a photo would be easier) thats where it is, so wether i go full finger grip or not, once the hand wraps onto the club the pressure point is always along that line (painful) Wwhen i go palm grip it moves the shaft on to a line from say bottom of index finger to centre wrist, so just on the edge of the last effected area, and once i wrap my hand onto the club, it moves the pressure point away Hope that makes sense

If you look at your left palm, trace a line from the bottom of your little finger to the centre of your wrist (i know a photo would be easier) thats where it is, so wether i go full finger grip or not, once the hand wraps onto the club the pressure point is always along that line (painful)

Wwhen i go palm grip it moves the shaft on to a line from say bottom of index finger to centre wrist, so just on the edge of the last effected area, and once i wrap my hand onto the club, it moves the pressure point away

Hope that makes sense

Hmm, I think I understand now. Unfortunately, I am not really equipped with any helpful answers. Have you tried many different types of gloves with different padding styles? Have you tried the Winn DriTac grip yet? The grip is kind of "squishy" and forgiving as it feels like a soft gel rather than hard rubber. Using a cord or something like a New Decade Multi-Compound would definitely be a bad idea (or any hard/rough grip).

Hmm, I think I understand now. Unfortunately, I am not really equipped with any helpful answers. Have you tried many different types of gloves with different padding styles? Have you tried the Winn DriTac grip yet? The grip is kind of "squishy" and forgiving as it feels like a soft gel rather than hard rubber. Using a cord or something like a New Decade Multi-Compound would definitely be a bad idea (or any hard/rough grip).

Lol got multi-compounds on my irons and the hurt the worst, driver has a tour 2g wrap on which is squishy and taccy, imvchanging clubs soon so will grip them with all with 2g wraps Tried every glove, at the minute im using a winter glove and a bandage underneath but even still a normal grip tears it up so i revert to the palm Im sure ill get there, dropped from 18-16hcp like it so cant be to bad Just didnt know if there were fellow sufferers who may have an idea

Note: This thread is 3619 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!