IGNORED

Video Logs (VLogs) of You Playing Golf! Post Your Own!!!

iacas
Note: This thread is 1022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Let's get this thread (and the vlogs) going again

Next time I am playing at Beavercreek I'll bring the video camera. Just got to make sure that both batteries are fully charged just in case.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
Cy, Was that really a 448 yard par 5? Do you struggle with the big sticks as that hole screams eagle chance all day long (assuming it doesn't do anything silly like doing a 180 degree turn to the left or something???:) Nice video too. Regards Mailman

Mailman

The Dan video was interesting.  I'm surprised he does so well with a couple of the things he does.  His driver swing looks freakishly flat, when I do that I pull the ball hardcore left.

Anyway, these videos do look like fun things to do though, I forgot all about them.  I should have put this on the 2015 goal thread.

Front Nine - Beavercreek GC

Windy night. The camera doesn't buffer wind that well. I recommend turning down the volume before starting. Hole #3 wasn't a pretty hole.

I had to start with the approach shot on number 1. Didn't want to pull out the camera when the starter sits right next to the tee box. I hit a high push shot on top of the hill to the right of the fairway.

+2, E, +5, +1, +1, +1, +1, -1, E (+10)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

Back Nine - Beavercreek GC

I had to start with the approach shot on number 10. I jumped in front of a larger group who went inside to get some food at the turn. I hit a 60 yard left pull hook on the tee shot.

+1, E, +1, +1, E, +1, +1, +2, +2 (+9), didn't finish strong.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• 3 months later...

Cy,

Was that really a 448 yard par 5? Do you struggle with the big sticks as that hole screams eagle chance all day long (assuming it doesn't do anything silly like doing a 180 degree turn to the left or something???:)

Nice video too.

Regards

Mailman

LOL - Sorry... I'm just seeing this now.

Yes, it's a 448 yard par 5.  It turns 90 degrees to the right about 190 yards from the tee.  If you hit it 220 straight, you're in someone's kitchen.  You can't get the ball up over the trees on the corner, so... the only option is to hit an iron or hybrid.  That day, I was not feeling comfortable with my hybrid, so I hit my 4 iron.  It got to the corner, but left me too long to get to the green... and, I ended up hitting a poor 6 iron anyway.

It's a small course... but you can't really overpower it because of the layout (and because I don't really have power anyway).

LOL

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

• 7 months later...

Well, went out today to try to video some swings before my round for my swing thread. Unfortunately the range was closed at the course so I decided to just do a course vlog because it was a slow day and I was walking anyway. Only got 4 holes recorded before I offered to let a couple join me. One thing I noticed is it looks like I may be bending over a bit too much. Anyway, here it is. I apologize if the wind noise is too loud, I'll have to figure something out to cut down on that next time.

• Upvote 2

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

1 hour ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Well, went out today to try to video some swings before my round for my swing thread. Unfortunately the range was closed at the course so I decided to just do a course vlog because it was a slow day and I was walking anyway. Only got 4 holes recorded before I offered to let a couple join me. One thing I noticed is it looks like I may be bending over a bit too much. Anyway, here it is. I apologize if the wind noise is too loud, I'll have to figure something out to cut down on that next time.

Great birdie on the last. Do you ever try lower lofted clubs for those chips? I'd have used 8-iron as I have a hard time judging how the ball will land and roll out with the spin from a lofted wedge from there. With a club that gets the ball rolling soon, I feel like I can judge distance better. But you had a kick-in birdie- can't argue with that!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

9 minutes ago, RandallT said:

Great birdie on the last. Do you ever try lower lofted clubs for those chips? I'd have used 8-iron as I have a hard time judging how the ball will land and roll out with the spin from a lofted wedge from there. With a club that gets the ball rolling soon, I feel like I can judge distance better. But you had a kick-in birdie- can't argue with that!

Where was the spoiler alert?!?!

Nice job, @Jeremie Boop.  I didn't realize you had some nice length to your game, taking a 9I 162 yards on the first hole. 

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

1 hour ago, RandallT said:

I've tried lower lofted clubs for chipping but never got the knack for it. Lowest I'm comfortable with is my pw. 

1 hour ago, RFKFREAK said:

Where was the spoiler alert?!?!

Nice job, @Jeremie Boop.  I didn't realize you had some nice length to your game, taking a 9I 162 yards on the first hole. 

That was a pull, which typically goes longer than a normal shot. It's normally right around 150. I have decent length, just have to gain control.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

6 hours ago, Jeremie Boop said:

I've tried lower lofted clubs for chipping but never got the knack for it. Lowest I'm comfortable with is my pw. 

That was a pull, which typically goes longer than a normal shot. It's normally right around 150. I have decent length, just have to gain control.

150 yard 9I is still pretty gangsta'.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

• 1 month later...

First attempt at course vlog with new camera. Unfortunately the battery didn't last long enough to do more than 9 holes, but probably would have been too long to watch anyway if I recorded more than that. So, warts and all, here it is:

Burned edges with putts all round so that long putt at the end that went in was especially satisfying. Not a good round score wise however but it was a beautiful day and a good test for the new camera.

• Upvote 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

1 hour ago, Jeremie Boop said:

First attempt at course vlog with new camera. Unfortunately the battery didn't last long enough to do more than 9 holes, but probably would have been too long to watch anyway if I recorded more than that. So, warts and all, here it is:

Burned edges with putts all round so that long putt at the end that went in was especially satisfying. Not a good round score wise however but it was a beautiful day and a good test for the new camera.

8th hole narrative was hilarious (that'll teach you to cut the dogleg over water), and good comedic effect cutting right to the drop. Excellent use of Game Golf into the vLog- really helps wrap up the hole. If I can ever play alone, I'll try one of these.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

3 hours ago, RandallT said:

8th hole narrative was hilarious (that'll teach you to cut the dogleg over water), and good comedic effect cutting right to the drop. Excellent use of Game Golf into the vLog- really helps wrap up the hole. If I can ever play alone, I'll try one of these.

It was a bit strange at first, as people kind of looked at me funny when I set up the camera before each shot. It did help to combat the effects of the slow play in front of me. I was prepared for the slowness mostly, as I was warned to start with that there were 2 fivesomes a couple groups in front of me, married couples. All the men played together and the women played together. Overall it really wasn't too terribly slow though, I still got around the course 2x in under 7 hours. In the future I probably could vary the camera angles a bit more, especially since this camera has a bit of a "fisheye" lens effect giving it the wide view. I had hoped that more of the course would show up in the shots but most of the stuff in the distance was just lost. I thought the colors and brightness came out pretty dang well considering how cheap this camera was. Also, I think the reason the battery died so fast was the first 5 holes I had left it in 240 fps recording, once I switched it to 720p at 60fps it held on pretty well. Once I get home I'm going to check the 6 iron swings I did on the range to see if they are worth posting in my swing thread.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

3 hours ago, RandallT said:

Oh yeah, on 8 the tee shot was a pull into the pond, I wasn't trying to cut that dogleg lol.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

3 hours ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Oh yeah, on 8 the tee shot was a pull into the pond, I wasn't trying to cut that dogleg lol.

What did you keep taking out of your back pocket on every shot, I noticed it on the green I guess.  Was that your phone to record your GPS location or?

Note: This thread is 1022 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!