IGNORED

My Swing (mp294708)

mp294708
Note: This thread is 3598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello All,

Attached is a video of my swing from the down the line angle. My most common ball flight is a push slice. Starts out straight and ends up right of my intended target or target line. The thing I notice wrong with my swing is my downswing. I come over the top and get the shaft angle too steep. I'm not sure how to fix this so any suggestions would be great. I've tried a few things but have become frustrated at the range recently. Please let me know if you have any suggestions, comments, or ideas, anything is welcome.

Thanks!

Sup man . . .  you gotta post your swings here and the more knowledgeable members will give you some great stuff to work on.

The only thing I'll say is that your right arm/elbow is not staying in front of your body throughout the swing. Try this drill . . .did wonders for my ball-striking. Hope that helps a little. Good luck.

BS

Looks like your right elbow at the top of the backswing looks too far out from your body. Keep it tighter to your body. It will allow you to come from the inside better on downswing, resulting in more of a draw swing. Common drill is keeping golf glove under right armpit during swing.

I've been Playing Golf for: 10 years, in the past 2 years i've began to get more serious about my game.

My current handicap index or average score is: high handicap

My typical ball flight is: push slice

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: I'm trying to eliminate my over the top swing on my down swing.

Videos:

Let me know what you think and any suggestions for correcting my steep downswing.

Thanks!

First place I would start, check out the video. Your hips don't turn very much, makes it hard to swing outward.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Also even though your going to try and keep that right elbow more tucked be careful of taking the club back too far inside, swing the club back with rotation of your upper body not your arms.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

• Administrator

How did I know we'd see this video again?

I'm glad my A4 (not really) is getting so much play!

Beast! :D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

How did I know we'd see this video again?

I'm glad my A4 (not really) is getting so much play!

Beast! :D

Should I just put the video in the welcome PM's? ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator

Should I just put the video in the welcome PM's?

I should just add it to the template for My Swing threads.

Okay, back on topic… Do you understand what we're saying, @mp294708 ?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yes, thank you I really appreciate the feedback. I actually went to the range again today and worked more on hip rotation and keeping that right arm tucked a bit more. I actually managed to hit a draw. I almost cried at the sight, it was beautiful. I guess from here on I will just need to keep working on the mechanics so I can get it down to muscle memory. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

Today I got my first lesson ever. My first member swing I posted was pre-lesson, about 2 weeks ago now. These are two videos of my swing now after my first lesson. During the lesson the instructor told me my swing looked great, just needed a few improvements. One being my take away. He showed me how my back swing was too inside causing my right arm to separate from my body too quickly. He fixed this by widening my take away and keeping it more down the line. The thing that I wanted to improve on was ball striking. I told him I wanted to learn how to compress the ball and have forward shaft lean. He gave me the front foot drill, with the right foot behind you on your toe. The point is to keep your balance and not pull off the ball like I was doing before. He instructed me to throw my hands at the ball and keep my front shoulder closed more during impact. He also instructed me to use my hips and keep those shoulders closed longer. The thing I struggled with was throwing those hands at the ball. I don't trust my hands enough and this causes me to use my shoulders more and come over the top.

Anyway, I wanted to hear all your thoughts on how my improved swing looks and what I need to do or could practice on, other than of course what my instructor gave me to work on.

Thanks

Note: This thread is 3598 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!