IGNORED

Breaking Bad Club - A Thread for Golfers Trying to Break 100

Gipper
Note: This thread is 1340 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Congrats! 13 putts on 9 holes - nice. You must be deadly with that wedge.

Thanks. When Im on its scary. Have only had the 58 for 4 rounds but its a game changer. However on the occasions I skull it over the green, it doesn't add to the putt total :)

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

I must admit...when you guys break 100, I feel like I'm breaking 100.  We're a team!  LOL

• Upvote 1

Nike Covert 2.0 driver with Kuro Kage

Nike Covert Tour 3 wood

Nike Covert 5 wood

Nike Covert 4 hybrid

Nike VRS Forged irons 5i-GW

Callaway Forged Wedge 56deg

Callaway X-Forged Wedge 60deg

Odyssey White Hot XG #9 putter
2015 Sun Mountain Tour Series cart bag

I played 9 holes yesterday after work. I lost one ball on the first tee... (that'll show me to go cold and not warm up) but wound up shooting a 50. I'm happy with that since last week I shot a 51 on the same course.

I got 3 pars which is unusual for me but I'll take it. And I was able to knock my 6 iron 150 yards across a water hazard to land pin low just inside the collar of the green.

Chris

I don't play golf, I play at golf. There's a difference.

TM RBZ driver, RBZ Stage 2 Tour 3 wood, RBZ 7 wood, TM Burner 2.0 4-AW, Cleveland CG16 Black Pearl 56* sand wedge, Yes! Golf Valerie putter, Snake Eyes golf balls, TM stand bag

Hey everyone. Consider me a new member of our little support group. Played 9 yesterday (played on my own for the first time and first time I seriously kept score) and shot 44 on a really easy par 31 course.

I have newfound appreciation for anyone with a sub 20 handicap. Watching some of the videos on the vlog thread makes it looks so easy but, yeah, it ain't easy.

Things holding me back: Problems with the driver. I'm about 50/50 for balls lost off the tee when playing driver. Close to the green I actually managed to keep things together quite nicely. Oh and the course I played has really thick grass even on the fairways, so the ball sinks into it which really messed with my iron play. The range I usually go to just has a thin layer of grass over the dirt, so I'm much more used to tighter lies.

Played a new course today, its a nine hole.  I shot a 95!!!

I play the same course 90% of the time.  I was kind of worried that my improvements wouldn't move along with me.  It was pretty cool.

I have not played a lot over the past three years but after deciding to volunteer for The First Tee this summer I have gotten back into golf again. I have still been playing the past three years but have not maintained my Handicap and have not played consistently enough to expect much.

I have broken 100 at least once with a 97. I think I might have done it one time more but not completely sure.

I would like to see if I can play more and consistently get close to or under 100.

I know it will be almost impossible if I only play 5-10 times a year so the best way would be to play more.

Last weekend I had two rounds. First round I shot a 117 (Had the highest amount of putts ever with 47) I thought I played OK from the Tee but could not putt at all. The next day I shot 110 on a 6300 yard course (This time I had 37 putts). Normally the longest courses I play is around 6000 yards so I was OK with this round. On the 4 par 3s I was +3 and on the Par 5s I had double bogeys so my biggest issue was the par 4s.

Over the two rounds I had 3 penalty strokes so I was able to keep the ball in play.

This thread certainly motivates me to get down to the 90s.

Ouch shot 53

Handicap barely stays the same, at the buffer zone.

I had:

1 par

1 bogey

5 d-bogey

2 t-bogey

I did hit a nice 224 yard drive straight middle of fairway, against the wind massively. It was so windy I lost my hat twice and had to run to catch it!

All around the day it was very windy. But that drive against wind was about the only positive thing today.

I just realized that there are basically two putting techniques in golf. Arc-putting, and straight-to-straight putting. Arc-putting essentially means inside-straight-inside club path. The putter face is opening at the backswing, and putter face closes at the followthrough. Just like a normal golf swing.

I've used arc-putting style quite naturally thusfar, but my putter was my dad's old putter. He uses the different technique straight-to-straight, and he put some lead weights into that putter... My dad does the "hunch over ball" putting stroke (straight-to-straight)

I think I'm just gonna get rid of the lead tapes and practice arc-putting more in the future. I wish somebody had taught me about these two techniques earlier.

Shot a 52 while having a real off night. I am glad my off nights are 52's and not 58-60's now. Going to play 18 this weekend.

Driver: Taylormade RBZ :tmade: Irons: Titleist AP1 :titleist: PW-4 All other clubs are needing upgrading as I am able to afford it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Went out tonight and played pretty well for a while.  52 on the front due to a couple bad holes.  Back 9 had lots of bigs numbers as I started slicing....and then proceeded to lose 5 balls on 17 and 18. :-O

I knew there was a reason I'm not playing $4 balls!

-Bryan

Bag: TM Superfast Driver, TM Burner '08 3W, GigaGolf Irons, Yes! Sandy Putter

Sounds like most everyone is improving, keep it up! :dance:

I had a sub 90's round in my grasp this morning and I threw it away.  Made me sick.  I was trying very hard not to look too closely at my score, but I knew I was playing well for me.  I wish I would have looked at my score after 17, maybe I would have made better decisions on 18.  I had a 92 going into the last hole, a par 4.  I had been hitting my driver well all morning so I pulled it out again and I hit it off the heel and the ball went about 40 yds.  Then I made my big mistake and pulled out my 3 wood instead of an iron.  I got a good piece of it but pushed it, and bounced my ball into the water across the fairway.  A poor chip and a 3 putt later got me an 8 on the final hole and I finished with a 100 even. :doh:

I shot a 48-52 and had my 2nd birdie of the year, but that last hole was pretty dissapointing.

Bill Z.

:ping: G15 Driver
:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 3 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 5 wood
:adams: Tight Lies Ovation 7 wood
:tmade: Burner 2.0 4I-AW
:cleveland: CG15 56
DLR Hog 1005D Putter

For me when I start slicing, which isn't so much anymore, I tell myself better to be ten or twenty yards shorter on the drive than a lost ball and a penalty and just ease up. Lots of the many things that contribute to a slice, for me anyway, seemed to come from trying to swing hard.  And, oddly enough, when I am not bending it like Beckham, I seem to gain back a little of that yardage I spend going right in actual useful distance.  I know that people told me that many times before I understood it deeply enough that I didn't abandon the concept as soon as I started my swing, when I would think, "This time I really am going to smack it straight!"  I have sliced whole buckets of balls thinking that every time. Seems stupid now.

Had a 47/49.  Played well, for me, except for putting.  I putted poorly.  I did not track putts but would estimate 50+.

I am breaking 100 but still consider myself a 100 shooter.

I did play all 18 with one ball and zero penalties.

For me when I start slicing, which isn't so much anymore, I tell myself better to be ten or twenty yards shorter on the drive than a lost ball and a penalty and just ease up. Lots of the many things that contribute to a slice, for me anyway, seemed to come from trying to swing hard.  And, oddly enough, when I am not bending it like Beckham, I seem to gain back a little of that yardage I spend going right in actual useful distance.  I know that people told me that many times before I understood it deeply enough that I didn't abandon the concept as soon as I started my swing, when I would think, "This time I really am going to smack it straight!"  I have sliced whole buckets of balls thinking that every time. Seems stupid now.

I have found this to be an issue with every one of my clubs.  I backed off on my driver awhile ago and saw instant improvement.

It took me much longer to figure out this was the problem with my irons, I have stopped pushing my irons and just started

dropping a club, it has had a big impact in my game.  I also noticed that I was not consistent on my follow through.

Its amazing that when you hit the ball where you want distance become much less of an issue.

The first 10 holes yesterday I had nine "three putts", one "three putt" after that, finished @ 103. Putter is now in the car, I'm bringing it everywhere I go now so I can get better at putting

Fun step backwards today.

1st hole, par 5, driver into the fairway, 2nd shot just past the bunker and on the lip.  3rd shot bad contact and move the ball 10 yards, 4th shot with a wedge, blade it, add a penalty stroke.  And just for fun on the first hole, put the next wedge shot in the bunker and put up a 10.

59 overall on 9 which included 3 total penalty strokes (only 1 off the tee), and 4 holes in the bunker (5 times in the bunker if you count the one time I didn't get out).  and of those 5 times, only once did I land on the green after my bunker shot.

Just a terrible overall round.

UGH!

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

After a week of shooting 105-107 on five consecutive days ( and always shooting a 51 on the front nine of my home course) today I went a few miles out of town and shot a 99 at a slightly easier golf club.  I shot a 50 on the front, no real trouble just a lot of doubles, and pulled out a 49 on the back, with two blowup snowmen to boot.

Corey

I'm terrible, this year I have invested in lessons and have been working on range. Haven't seen any improvements in score yet, have yet to break100. I've only played 4 rounds this summer though. Going this morning on my own for first time, and hoping to relax and put together a score. I am busy and don't really have the time to put in tons of work on my game, but if I could get to where half my shots weren't dubs and shanks into the woods, that would be great!

I shot another 99 today at a local course. 48 in, 51 out. Missed three birdie opportunities, including a two foot gimme on hole #2. Putting absolutely killed me today. Far too many three putts for this kid. Hit 88% of the fairways on the front and a third of the GIRs. Missed a few fairways on the back, but by inches. I didn't play my usual drastic slice today. I swung a lot easier with the boom stick and surprisingly managed to keep the ball in play. And I only lost one ball. Far from great, but I'll take this round over a kick in the nuts anyday.

Corey

Note: This thread is 1340 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!