IGNORED

High Schooler swing - who does this remind you of?

Note: This thread is 3606 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hint hint. Lead foot post impact.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I may be Reeding into this too much

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Bubbs

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I may be Reeding into this too much

Agree.  Maybe its because he's right handed, or because he doesn't have the right knee kick way back either but he doesn't remind me of Bubba all that much.

I definitely expect this kid to be top 5 very soon! :bugout:

The low wide takeaway with the high position at A4 is pretty similar as well.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

I don't think he is even looking at the ball at impact.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

The foot reminds me of Reed/Bubba Watson.

The head swivel A5-A6 - Annika Sorenstam

And the Zach Johnson stiff straight arms, right arm lining up with shaft:

Golf swings are like snowflakes.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Bubbs

Nah. I don't think Bubba's swing is nearly as "stiff"/mechanical.

Though, I think the young man in the video has a decent swing.

In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

Nate

Immediately after impact I think they all look similar.

It's the posture, backswing, transition, the release, the finish..... that I think are different.

IMO, overall, Bubba's look like home made swing. The young man swing looks much more mechanical, like he was trained to swing like that... but still a nice swing....I'm sure as he matures, so will his swing.

In my bag Driver: Cleveland CG tour black Fairway Woods: Diablo Octane 3 wood; Diablo 5 wood Irons: Mizuno MP53 5-9 Hybrid: Cobra 3, 4 T-Rail Wedge: 46* Cleveland, 50* Cleveland, 54* Titleist, 60* Titleist Putter: Odyssey protype #6 Ball: Maxfli U4/U6... But I'm not really picky about the ball I use.

Immediately after impact I think they all look similar.

It's the posture, backswing, transition, the release, the finish..... that I think are different.

IMO, overall, Bubba's look like home made swing. The young man swing looks much more mechanical, like he was trained to swing like that... but still a nice swing....I'm sure as he matures, so will his swing.

Just pointing out the part I think is pretty similar, also A4 is similar and so is A2-3 with just a bit more hinge.  Other than that they are a bit different.

Nate

Just pointing out the part I think is pretty similar, also A4 is similar and so is A2-3 with just a bit more hinge.  Other than that they are a bit different.

Sure....

I agree that if you make a frame by frame comparison you will find similarities. But I think you'll find similarities between any two golfers.

Heck, you may even find a few similarities between my swing and Adam Scott's, whom I think has the best swing in the world right now.

But I'm talking about the overall swing from start to finish.

Unfortunately for me, as a whole, my swing doesn't look anything like Adam Scott's, or like anyone else on the tour.  :-)

Note: This thread is 3606 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!