IGNORED

Adams DHY Hybrid

Note: This thread is 3594 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just picked up a few Adams DHY hybrids. 18, 21 and 24 degree. I have never gotten along with hybrids. They all turn into hook machines for me for some reason. The DHY makes me feel comfortable. They replace my 2,3 and 4 iron. I was the odd guy that liked my long irons. I played in League with the 18 degree in the bag, pulled it once and hit one down the middle off the tee. Had a range session with the rest and they are definitely easier to hit the the irons but we will see. I don't expect them to be hot I am just hoping for more consistency. I also hope the 18 is easier to hot off the deck. If they are more consistent I get more average distance,so it is all good. I'll report back.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sounds good.  Keep us posted.  I carry one Titleist 3H and a Mizuno FliHi 4iron, which is like a hybrid.  The 4i is a great club for me.  With the 3H, I have to be careful not to speed up my backswing or I will hook.  I try to slow it down because the club feels lighter to me even though the swing weight is close.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

So far so good.  Have a range session last night.  Got to hot all three.  Early indications is that they are a little easier to hit off the deck.  The impact is a bit muted, when you miss it is harder to tell where.  I have to confess that nutting a 2 iron is a great feeling, the hybrid is not quite the same.  If it is more consistent I will get over it.

• 2 weeks later...
I have a few rounds under my belt with the DHy's. So far so good. Hit a 240 yard drive off a tee with the 2-18 degree this morning. Much more consistent than a 2 iron for sure and I would not get distances like that with the 2 iron. I think this is something to look at if you don't like hybrids. It's the non hybrid hybrid.

Great! I am really considering changing out my hybrids, I carry a 3 and 4 H right now, both Adams and love them.. Only issued is they are old now and I'm wondering if I can benefit from the new tech out there.. Will give these a go! Thanks

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Great! I am really considering changing out my hybrids, I carry a 3 and 4 H right now, both Adams and love them.. Only issued is they are old now and I'm wondering if I can benefit from the new tech out there.. Will give these a go! Thanks

If you hit standard hybrids we'll stick with the standard design. I hook hybrids, I don't know why but I do, my garage is full of them. A standard design hybrid is more friendly than a DHy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abu3baid

Great! I am really considering changing out my hybrids, I carry a 3 and 4 H right now, both Adams and love them.. Only issued is they are old now and I'm wondering if I can benefit from the new tech out there.. Will give these a go!

Thanks

If you hit standard hybrids we'll stick with the standard design. I hook hybrids, I don't know why but I do, my garage is full of them. A standard design hybrid is more friendly than a DHy.

I see what you mean now.. Most likely the first ones I will test out will be the new tight lie hybrids instead then..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Note: This thread is 3594 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!