IGNORED

Hybrid from the tee.

Note: This thread is 3566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey guys. I usually hit a 6 or 7 iron from the tee as I cant hit woods, but today I tried using my hybrid from the tee. I used it four times. First two tee shots were great. The second two shots were daisy cutters. How high should I have the tee and where in my stance should I hit the hybrid? I struggle to get it in the air. Cheers

I always use a small tee, pushed really low on the ground.

basically the ball sits only barely off  the short grass at the teebox. That's my style but I'm a high capper obviously so take it or leave it. :beer:

Daisy cutter is a powerful Air Force bomb, I don't quite understand what kind of golf comparison is "daisy cutter" in golf terminology.

Daisy cutter is a powerful Air Force bomb, I don't quite understand what kind of golf comparison is "daisy cutter" in golf terminology.

maybe "worm burner" would be better than daisy cutter ?

I like to tee my hybrids up just a bit higher, but sometimes I think think I'm losing accuracy due to the higher ball flight.     I'm relying more and more on hybrids off the tee, so I'd really like to see how more experienced guys tee theirs up & what ball position is used ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Very low tee, position the ball and swing as if it were a long iron. Works for me.

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

'I'm always teeing really low with hybrid BUT, I also put the ball only slightly ahead of the middle of my stance (middle of stance is reserved for mid irons)

Thank you for the information guys. The two good tee shots I had I had the tee quite high. I will keep experimenting to see whats best for me

Not that I'm an expert (or even a good player) but if you're struggling to get the ball in the air I'd guess that you're not transferring your weight to your left side before impact. You shouldn't really need a high tee with a hybrid because you should be hitting fractionally down on the ball. That's how I understand it, anyway.

• Upvote 1

The more I practise, the luckier I hope to get.

Not that I'm an expert (or even a good player) but if you're struggling to get the ball in the air I'd guess that you're not transferring your weight to your left side before impact. You shouldn't really need a high tee with a hybrid because you should be hitting fractionally down on the ball. That's how I understand it, anyway.

I wondered about that as well, I second the weight shift thing as a possible issue.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Cheers chasm your info is much appreciated, I will def try these things out

I've actually been teeing off with a hybrid for the past 2 weeks with outstanding results. The only lapses I have had is when my swing gets too steep, causing a severe slice. Still, I get great distance with it off the box, estimating 260+. I know that's not the norm, but distance is about the only thing I have going for me, lol.

I tee up my irons and hybrids about the same, i/4 inch. That way you are still taking a normal swing but giving yourself some room for error. I'd play it just forward of center a ball maybe two. If you're hitting worm burners, you're probably arm swinging. Keep those arms tucked into your side and work on your lag. There are lots of vids on that. I hit the big dog whenever possible. I like hitting short irons into those 460 yard par 4s.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Dead serious. I can flat out bomb it with all of my clubs. I knew I'd get that reaction too.

I guess I've seen these distances, but with D1 college level players.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

I don't think bubba hits a hybrid 260+. But maybe your a long drive guy so cool.

Bubba also probably doesn't try to bomb his hybrid since he can do it with his driver. I can ramp it up to 300, but opt not to use my driver right now. I'm not interested in losing balls, or punching out of the woods.

I don't think bubba hits a hybrid 260+. But maybe your a long drive guy so cool.

Right, that guy was exceptionally long off the tee.

However, Bubba definitely could hit a standard 19 degree hybrid 260 plus yards. 130 Driver swing speed can carry the 19 degree about 241 yards.

To @Pancho Lefty we did not ask what degree hybrid you are using. What is the loft?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Right, that guy was exceptionally long off the tee.

However, Bubba definitely could hit a standard 19 degree hybrid 260 plus yards. 130 Driver swing speed can carry the 19 degree about 241 yards.

To @Pancho Lefty we did not ask what degree hybrid he is using. It could very well be a 14 degree hybrid.

I'm not too sure what mine is, although the head cover says 22.

Note: This thread is 3566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!