IGNORED

NBA Finals

phan52
Note: This thread is 3567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can't stand the heat,

Then I suggest you get out of the kitchen. :-P

No Heat fan here but they're #2 on the most whiney list, right behind SA. Duncan gripes 50 times a game. I get to see them a lot being a Mavs fan.

NBA basketball has surpassed (IMO) international soccer in the "gamesmanship" category.  All of the whining and flopping has gotten beyond ridiculous.  They need to start dishing out heavy punishments for that nonsense if they want to get rid of it.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

NBA basketball has surpassed (IMO) international soccer in the "gamesmanship" category.  All of the whining and flopping has gotten beyond ridiculous.  They need to start dishing out heavy punishments for that nonsense if they want to get rid of it.

I'd be for making plays like that (I'm specifically thinking of the one with Wade and Manu from last night, but the league certainly has plenty of floppers) reviewable - especially once Silver institutes the centralized review center in New York next season - and issuing flagrant fouls, if that's the kind of thing you mean.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

If you think flopping is annoying now, try playing some NBA DFS next year on FanDuel and watch games closely. When those flops start costing you money, you get even more annoyed with it!

I remember a Saturday night where LeBron flopped and got a call and cost me to fall from 1st to 17th in 3 seconds flat in a guaranteed prize pool tournament. Difference of about $1,750! :censored:

I'd be for making plays like that (I'm specifically thinking of the one with Wade and Manu from last night, but the league certainly has plenty of floppers) reviewable - especially once Silver institutes the centralized review center in New York next season - and issuing flagrant fouls, if that's the kind of thing you mean.

I just mean whatever they deem necessary to stop it.  As it is now, I think all they do is fine the guy 5k or something.  That's not really a detterent.  AFfecting the game is a detterent.  So yeah, tell them that guess what, flops are now reviewable and if we're able to tell that you weren't touched, not only are we rescinding the foul call we originally made, but we're assessing one on you.  One that includes 2 free throws and the ball.

Something like that, I would think, would stop that nonsense right quick.

I think some could have career in the WWF after basketball ... :-D

Still pulling for the Spurs!

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Yep I say treated like they treat a technical, you get 2 a game, then you get tossed. And you get so many of them you get suspended for a game. The one on ginoble last night was bad, he wasn't even close to touching him, and may have had an effect on the outcome of the game. The ref shouldn't have called anything because he wasn't in position to see it, he was turning around right as wade threw his head back and it ended up being a reaction call.

Yep I say treated like they treat a technical, you get 2 a game, then you get tossed. And you get so many of them you get suspended for a game. The one on ginoble last night was bad, he wasn't even close to touching him, and may have had an effect on the outcome of the game. The ref shouldn't have called anything because he wasn't in position to see it, he was turning around right as wade threw his head back and it ended up being a reaction call.

I agree, Wade was fined $5K for this flop. That would be like fining me a buck or something, just not a deterrent. They give a penalty in hockey for it. There's seemingly been more discussion around it this season, would like to see them take this up in the off-season.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I agree, Wade was fined $5K for this flop. That would be like fining me a buck or something, just not a deterrent.

LOL, you made me curious so I did the math.  That fine, just based on salaries alone, not counting endorsements and stuff, would be the equivalent of my boss fining me about $26. :surrender:

Sounds about right - and if it gave you a lift in your job performance which could ultimately lead to a higher salary or bonus, I'm sure you'd gladly pay it 5 or 6 times a year. I sure would.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

LOL, you made me curious so I did the math.  That fine, just based on salaries alone, not counting endorsements and stuff, would be the equivalent of my boss fining me about $26.

Sounds about right - and if it gave you a lift in your job performance which could ultimately lead to a higher salary or bonus, I'm sure you'd gladly pay it 5 or 6 times a year. I sure would.

Exactly...back to that example with Wade/Manu, Wade got 2 FTs and they won by 2. Only cost him $5,000, which will probably never be collected.

Exactly...back to that example with Wade/Manu, Wade got 2 FTs and they won by 2.

Beyond that, it was Manu's third foul, and they had to sit him for a while after that call.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Beyond that, it was Manu's third foul, and they had to sit him for a while after that call.

Meh.  (Did not watch the game)  But I find this amusing, seeing as how Manu Ginobili is basically the pioneer of the basketball flop.  And I don't think it's a coincidence that he's Argentinian either. ;)

Meh.  (Did not watch the game)  But I find this amusing, seeing as how Manu Ginobili is basically the pioneer of the basketball flop.

Well ... touche, dammit! ;-) (But for some reason when Ginobili does it, people call it "crafty.") [SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!][quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/75068/nba-finals/0_30#post_1002793"]And I don't think it's a coincidence that he's Argentinian either. ;) [/quote] You're anti-Argentina sentiments are not appreciated in this thread. Messi and Aguero will lead the white and powder blue to World Cup glory, and there's nothing you can do about it! Woah, no idea where that came from. :-P[/SPOILER]

In my bag:

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamo

Meh.  (Did not watch the game)  But I find this amusing, seeing as how Manu Ginobili is basically the pioneer of the basketball flop.  And I don't think it's a coincidence that he's Argentinian either. ;)

Lol for sure...Karma is a b-word, and G-wobbly is getting his dose of it. The NBA is going downhill quickly. It seems like whoever flops the best and cries the most wins these games. Pathetic....but I keep watching, because I'm addicted.

Well ... touche, dammit!

(But for some reason when Ginobili does it, people call it "crafty.")

You're anti-Argentina sentiments are not appreciated in this thread. Messi and Aguero will lead the white and powder blue to World Cup glory, and there's nothing you can do about it!

Woah, no idea where that came from.

Yeah, I think they also said that about Steve nash too.

I was all kinds of excited for the World Cup, then had to listen to some Debbie Downer on the radio at lunch tell me all of the problems Brazil is having getting ready.  As in, they apparently are not.

I was all kinds of excited for the World Cup, then had to listen to some Debbie Downer on the radio at lunch tell me all of the problems Brazil is having getting ready.  As in, they apparently are not.

Oh yeah, Brazil (the country) might be every bit as likely to go down in flames as Brazil (the soccer team) is likely to win.

In my bag:

Oh yeah, Brazil (the country) might be every bit as likely to go down in flames as Brazil (the soccer team) is likely to win.

And the talk about their readiness for the Olympics is even worse.  Read something about people sailing amonst corpses the other day.

Anywho's ... Go Heat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7 ... " :beer:

And the talk about their readiness for the Olympics is even worse.  Read something about people sailing amonst corpses the other day.

Yeah, I read the same thing. Sailers were checking out the ... body of water, I guess, where they were going to have to compete and spotted four corpses. [quote name="Golfingdad" url="/t/75068/nba-finals/30_30#post_1002828"]Anywho's ... Go Heat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "Not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7 ... " :beer:   [/quote] I don't like the Heat, but my distaste for the Spurs is nearly as high. Listen, sportswriters, I know Tim Duncan is a all-time great basketball player. I don't need your 20th think piece on just how underrated he is. WE GET IT. We've been hearing how underrated he is for so long, he's practically overrated . Anyway...

In my bag:

Note: This thread is 3567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!