IGNORED

What golf tip actually works?

Note: This thread is 3570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Left: Rose at address

Right: Rose during the downswing

Red Line is hips at set up. Don't know, sure looks like the hips slide to me!

Maybe Breed is defining "hip slide" in a very specific way? For example, Jim Hardy in his one plane swing says to not do a hip slide. However, he does advocate what he calls a "bump" of the left hip, which is essentially a lateral move to the left that happens just before the down swing. Kuchar and others who say they don't do a hip slide, clearly have a lateral movement to the left. Is that a hip slide? Maybe it's just how they're defining it?

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Maybe Breed is defining "hip slide" in a very specific way? For example, Jim Hardy in his one plane swing says to not do a hip slide. However, he does advocate what he calls a "bump" of the left hip, which is essentially a lateral move to the left that happens just before the down swing. Kuchar and others who say they don't do a hip slide, clearly have a lateral movement to the left. Is that a hip slide? Maybe it's just how they're defining it?

Kuchar and others probably say they don't because they don't feel it, but they still do. Feel isn't real, meaning some movements our bodies just don't feel.

If Breed is talking about not sliding the hips in the backswing, then that is correct. You don't want to be sliding your hips to the trail leg in the backswing. As for the downswing, there is some lateral movement of the hips.

To me a bump, slide, all means the same thing, a lateral movement.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Kuchar and others probably say they don't because they don't feel it, but they still do. Feel isn't real, meaning some movements our bodies just don't feel.

If Breed is talking about not sliding the hips in the backswing, then that is correct. You don't want to be sliding your hips to the trail leg in the backswing. As for the downswing, there is some lateral movement of the hips.

Yep, I agree.

I know Breed can come across like a used car salesman, but I do respect him. I have a hard time believing he wouldn't say that there is lateral movement in the downswing. It's just clear as day. So, I wonder if he's talking about something else when he say's "hip slide." I don't know that that would be, but just giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

I agree too, re: a bump, or slide is a lateral movement. I for sure heard Breed say, No sliding, only rotation. Maybe he's trying to emphasize not to slide too much..? I dunno.

You sees many pros thrust jumping? No, they stay down thru and way past impact. That may help with distance but not consistency. That will make you rise up thru impact, instead of steady head. I only say this because after recently videoing my swing, that seems to be what I have done for years, and I'm currently trying to correct it.

My best tip would be to video swing and compare to pros with similar builds. Try to do what they do. What you thinking you are doing you're probably not.

Not sure of the exact definition of "thrust jumping" but pro's by enlarge especially the bigger hitters are using the ground to push off and straighten their legs, raising their hips and extending their spine, the steady head IS maintained, as they do the "thrust jump" as they are moving their hips linearly, forward, extending, right tilting and turning, incrementally to keep their head steady. Thats why they dont rise up and lose their inclination to the ground.

Note: This thread is 3570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!