IGNORED

Goofy Rory video - Knee angle measurement in golf swing?

KyleBlake
Note: This thread is 3205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Rofl, that looked like an Elvis Presley hip shaking trainer more than a golf trainer.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Rofl, that looked like an Elvis Presley hip shaking trainer more than a golf trainer.

Didn't see it. Don't wanna see it.

I gotta warn you all of the dangers involved in watching this video. This is serious business. It could subconsciously implant idiotic golf thought patterns in your brain which could be devastating to your swing! If you've watched the video, I highly recommend that you go to a neurologist immediately and demand a lobotomy. This is a public service announcement.

- Shane

[QUOTE name="Jeremie Boop" url="/t/75116/knee-angle-measurement-in-golf-swing/36#post_1003859"]   Rofl, that looked like an Elvis Presley hip shaking trainer more than a golf trainer. [/QUOTE] Didn't see it. Don't wanna see it. I gotta warn you all of the dangers involved in watching this video. This is serious business. It could subconsciously implant idiotic golf thought patterns in your brain which could be devastating to your swing! If you've watched the video, I highly recommend that you go to a neurologist immediately and demand a lobotomy. This is a public service announcement.

You mean the swing isn't like a five stage rocket launch that must start with the knee and Rory is not any good because would a rocket launch if it started in stage two if the launch instead of stage one??? Yes I'll have that lobotomy now please!

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Didn't see it. Don't wanna see it.

I gotta warn you all of the dangers involved in watching this video. This is serious business. It could subconsciously implant idiotic golf thought patterns in your brain which could be devastating to your swing! If you've watched the video, I highly recommend that you go to a neurologist immediately and demand a lobotomy. This is a public service announcement.

I just watched the little part that was indicated to be quite funny. I didn't have the sound on or anything.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I just watched the little part that was indicated to be quite funny. I didn't have the sound on or anything.

You should be fine with a few shots of tequila!

You mean the swing isn't like a five stage rocket launch that must start with the knee and Rory is not any good because would a rocket launch if it started in stage two if the launch instead of stage one??? Yes I'll have that lobotomy now please!

You, sir, are in terminal condition and definitely require a head transplant at this point. The infection has gone too deep.

- Shane

[QUOTE name="Jeremie Boop" url="/t/75116/knee-angle-measurement-in-golf-swing/36#post_1004112"]   I just watched the little part that was indicated to be quite funny. I didn't have the sound on or anything. [/QUOTE] You should be fine with a few shots of tequila! [QUOTE name="Abu3baid" url="/t/75116/knee-angle-measurement-in-golf-swing/36#post_1004111"] You mean the swing isn't like a five stage rocket launch that must start with the knee and Rory is not any good because would a rocket launch if it started in stage two if the launch instead of stage one??? Yes I'll have that lobotomy now please![/QUOTE] You, sir are in terminal condition and definitely require a head transplant at this point. The infection has gone too deep.

I have this crazy urge to buy that hip device.. Gosh I hope it isn't expensive, although I'm willing to pay up to a few hundred grand, but not more I'm not crazy or anything..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

The narrator's disdain was the highlight for me. He was just so unhappy with the way that Rory and Hogan did things.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I have this crazy urge to buy that hip device.. Gosh I hope it isn't expensive, although I'm willing to pay up to a few hundred grand, but not more I'm not crazy or anything..

:doh:

- Shane

Hey, he just wants to be able to launch rockets!

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

The narrator's disdain was the highlight for me. He was just so unhappy with the way that Rory and Hogan did things.

I liked how when they didn't like Hogan's starting with his hips (which he didn't even do when he was younger) he had ZERO wins (in his first 7 years ).  But when they liked his verticle stability, he had 64 wins ( in his career ).

I also couldn't help thinking also they would have really hated Lee Trevino, since he had a swing somewhat similar to Hogan's except with lots of verticle movement added. They never bother to mention him though, possibly because he had 17 wins in his first 7 years, while obviously doing everything important wrong.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwJM-eBnTb4[/video] I would like to get some thoughts on this video from somax. How much is bs and how much is true?

I like big putts and I cannot lie.

The title should give it away. You think it might be possible.? Yeah...right. :no:

If Rory has the most unstable swing in golf history, they haven't seen mine.

Utter crap.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

The system named gives it away ... RSSSA? (Russia)... funny.

You must ask yourself if the system of measurement is valid ... and their explanation.  Personally, I'm not interested.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator
@jamo or someone please merge this thread. :-) @BenGolf19 , please embed videos.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I watched the entire video.

First thing is I started falling a sleep at the 29:00 minute mark. Not a bad deal as watching golf does that to me.

The "hands on plane" info reminded me of Moe Norman's swing. The video did not show the grip, but I am thinking it is probably a palm grip much like Norman used. IMHO, using that plane of swing (single plane?) the golfer would need clubs with a particular lie angle, much like Natural Golf clubs. Right now, I am  working on my swing using this type of plane, because my new lie angle for my clubs are 2.0+ degrees up.

The ball tied to the hip represented to me Earnest Jones' s "swing the handkerchief" as a way of feeling the swing. I also saw some other Earnest Jones teachings (sort of) in their program, but using different verbiage to explain the information. The turning of the hips readily comes to mind. Manual de la Torre basically teaches the same thing.

Last thing was, I felt that all this info was put forth to sell a book. Not that I think the information was bad, but I think it was a sales pitch.

Is Mcllroy going to change his swing based on this video? I think not

Can all this info, and/or their book help a golfer to a better game? Sure it can, as long as it gets the golfer into the correct position at impact. To me it matters little what type of swing the golfer has, as long as the golfer gets to the impact position correctly. Would I buy their book based on their video? No. I already have all the books I need on the golf swing. I even wrote my own, for just my own swing.

Anyway, this is my story on this video, and I'm sticking to it.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Note: This thread is 3205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!