IGNORED

New golf shoes!

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 3602 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I have to agree that I don't care for the look of truelink golf shoes. They look clownish to me.

Not all of them do, do they?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't even care what they look like. All I can think of is his comfortable they are.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Not all of them do, do they?

The white ones might a little. These don't really appeal to me either. The brown ones are not so bad but I don't usually wear pants in the summer so I prefer to keep it more athletic looking with shorts. I am sure they are fine shoes, I just haven't seen any that I like looks wise enough to buy them. I did like some of the Ecco shoes but the price was too steep and I have been happy with the comfort and performance of most of the adidas shoes, especially the greenstars I have.

But hey it's okay in my book for you and @14ledo81 to look like clowns :dance:

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Truelinkswear, nothing better than a low profile zero drop shoe. It was very wet out Sunday, didn't slip once. Spikeless doesn't have any problems with wet conditions. I can wear them anywhere, no changing shoes after golfing.

Yup, from car to tee to bar.  Regarding the Nike this and Nike that shoes some of these shoes you are almost an inch in heel height off the ground. You clubs may feel a little shorter. Once you go to a shoe that allows you to be closer to the ground for better feel- you'll never go back. Not only will you feel the ground better, the shoe does not require a lot of deep spikes for traction. (Think: low profile tire on a car) unlike some of the high heeled running shoe like models from other brands. The TW model for example is 30mm or 1.2inchs in the heel- which is fine for running on pavement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valleygolfer View Post

But hey it's okay in my book for you and @14ledo81 to look like clowns :dance:

Hey, I'd rather look like a clown (although I don't think they look that bad) and be able to walk/play more golf.

I also have the brown "Stealth" model.  It is probably the most non-descript shoe you could get.

@Valleygolfer , have you ever tried a pair on?

-Matt-

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

• Administrator

Hey, I'd rather look like a clown (although I don't think they look that bad) and be able to walk/play more golf.

I also have the brown "Stealth" model.  It is probably the most non-descript shoe you could get.

@Valleygolfer, have you ever tried a pair on?

Yeah man. Join the cult. We have brownies.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Lets not mention that they help engage the ground reaction forces to hit longer shots. Truelinks are guaranteed to get you 15 yards off the tee!! :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

Cult is right.  I can't see myself buying a different brand shoe for office/golf/leisure ever.

-Matt-

Those brownies can get a guy in trouble... [quote name="saevel25" url="/t/75119/new-golf-shoes/20_20#post_1003262"] Lets not mention that they help engage the ground reaction forces to hit longer shots. Truelinks are guaranteed to get you 15 yards off the tee!!  :-D [/quote] I'd expect that kind of advertising from the adidas company before True...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

The Stealth is/was my favorite. Too bad it's discontinued, the only shoes I like they currently offer are the Proto and Sensei.

Dave :-)

The Stealth is/was my favorite. Too bad it's discontinued, the only shoes I like they currently offer are the Proto and Sensei.

Gasp!!!!

I recently purchased mine online.  This makes me think I should buy another pair to use in 2 years when my current ones wear out.

-Matt-

Honestly I find their stuff hit and miss. I hate the Phoenix, despite having the same sole as the Stealth the upper was so stiff and plastic like the entire shoe felt odd. Always feel like I am dragging my feet when I wear those, the  stiffness makes me walk like Frankenstein. The Stealth is  a winter show for me, last hot day I wore them my feet were overheating. The Sensei is more an every day show for me. The slightly thicker sole offers a little more cushion on hard surfaces. More like an athletic shoe than a golf shoe. Some of the 2014 shoes are a Velcro strap away from being a nursing home favorite. Strange that I like the Chukka but it's gone too.

I love the True Lnkswear Sensei. I wasnt too keen on the look at first glance but they grew on me pretty quick. They are by far the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn period. The first words out of my mouth when I tried them on were it feels like Im walking on clouds. The trick withy the Senseis is they run a half size big and I wear thickish socks. Footjoy No Show socks and Senseis and Im good!

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Yeah I have to order 12.5 with most True shoes compared to 13 and sometimes 14 with everything else. Thanks to this thread I hoped on eBay and bought some old stock Chukkas.

I just wrote a thread about my newest True purchase without even seeing this post.  I have had spikes and spikeless and do not slip in either so I cannot speak to that but I do not think you will be disappointed in the purchase if you go that route

I've tried all kinds of shoes.  I purchased the new DNA and returned them before wearing them to the course because they were not comfortable.  I bought them because they look good, but reality was they felt like SH!T on my feet.  They were stiff as boards and the cushioned soles felt like walking on cement blocks.   I could feel the position of each spike on the sole of my foot! I've owned the ADIDAS Tour 360s, ADIPURE, Nike TW editions, etc, etc. etc....   I've owned several shoes in the $200+ range over the years, but my most recent purchases were two pair of the FJ Contour series shoe.  They are cheap at only $109 per pair, and they were more comfortable than shoes twice the cost.  For the foreseeable future, the contour series works for me.   They aren't anything flashy, but they feel good on the feet.

My 2 cents..

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 3602 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!