IGNORED

Speedbladz, RocketBladz etc. Can they be flattened?

Note: This thread is 3594 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I guess for me I play GI/SGI irons with offset so looking down at them and set up is much more easy and they swing close to the same.

One day I would like to be able to swing an I25 or Apex style iron but it is not today, I need all the help I can get!

I'm not saying I can't use the help either, but I think the issue is that it makes me feel even more uncomfortable!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just confirmed that these cast clubs can't be bent more than a degree or so, otherwise, they would be too weak.

wrong. I know this first hand.  (from the manufacturer)

The TM rocketbladz and speedbladz can be bent 2deg up or down flat with no inherent problems. There is a notch on the hosel that allows to do this. From a lot of your posts you seem to over analyze every aspect of the golf ball, club, shaft etc. In my opinion for a developing golfer you should be looking for a simplifying approach. This wonderful game is trying enough without any additional element.

Before you flatten a club have you ever been properly fitted?

Have you hit balls off a lie board with consistent results on the club face as well as the sole?

Have you had lessons?

Assuming you are RH, if you were to hit 20 balls from 135 yards, how many would be left, right greater than 20 feet? ( miss hits, hooks and slices do not count)

how tall are you?

do you ever buy long or short sleeve length dress shirts or dress pants or need to?

wrong. I know this first hand.  (from the manufacturer)  The TM rocketbladz and speedbladz can be bent 2deg up or down flat with no inherent problems. There is a notch on the hosel that allows to do this. From a lot of your posts you seem to over analyze every aspect of the golf ball, club, shaft etc. In my opinion for a developing golfer you should be looking for a simplifying approach. This wonderful game is trying enough without any additional element.  Before you flatten a club have you ever been properly fitted? Have you hit balls off a lie board with consistent results on the club face as well as the sole? Have you had lessons? Assuming you are RH, if you were to hit 20 balls from 135 yards, how many would be left, right greater than 20 feet? ( miss hits, hooks and slices do not count) how tall are you? do you ever buy long or short sleeve length dress shirts or dress pants or need to?

Yeah, I agree that I might over-analyze a bit too much. The fact is these SGI clubs hit way more solidly without warmup. To hit my MP-52 clubs reasonably, I need to warm up with 200 balls or more, half being partial swings. The 2 degree figure was what I was told too, but the lie board tests indicated 2-3 degrees as "comfortable". All my shots were pulls with the standard lie, when I opened the face I would end up pushing with not much ability to draw. I'm about average height, maybe 5'10.5" standing perfectly upright. My arms hang low if relaxed. I will post some more upright videos in MySwing thread. At least, my driver appears to be "fixed" with my new Cobra Bio Cell. :beer:

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

The longer the club the more flattening needed, I got my rocketblades shortened instead if flattening! There really are some terrible golf salesmen/fitters around! It's a good job a forum like this exists! I've learnt so much about golf & equipment on here I feel I know more than most of them! (I bet they play better than me though)

Yeah, I agree that I might over-analyze a bit too much.

The fact is these SGI clubs hit way more solidly without warmup. To hit my MP-52 clubs reasonably, I need to warm up with 200 balls or more, half being partial swings.

ummm, Yikes!!!  200 balls (or more) to warm up?  Those mizzys need to go into the closet/garage for the time being....

ummm, Yikes!!!  200 balls (or more) to warm up?  Those mizzys need to go into the closet/garage for the time being....

Yeah, I just need to find something in an SGI that feels good.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

• Administrator

Huh?  Normally longer irons require more upright.  My +.75 are 2 degrees up, not flat.  Typically, the shorter the shaft, the flatter it needs to be, unless the person is practically standing on the ball.  My irons were checked individually on a lie board, not just the 6 iron.

If you only lengthen the club, then it has to be flatter. Or, consider the lie angle between your 4-iron and your 9-iron.

But yes, generally longer clubs (for taller people) are more upright.

I'm unsure which the person you quoted as going for… :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Huh?  Normally longer irons require more upright.  My +.75 are 2 degrees up, not flat.  Typically, the shorter the shaft, the flatter it needs to be, unless the person is practically standing on the ball.  My irons were checked individually on a lie board, not just the 6 iron.

As a rule, When you shorten a club, the club head becomes closer to you and the the lie flattens, When you lengthen a club, the head becomes further away and the lie becomes more upright, those who have clubs lengthend and the lie + upright are usually the tall, long armed with a steeper down swing, As I'm a shorter player I need my lie flatter as my downswing isn't as steep! But instead of having mine bent a degree flatter, I just got them shortened instead, and it helps me hit the ball better!

Gaz Lee

If you only lengthen the club, then it has to be flatter. Or, consider the lie angle between your 4-iron and your 9-iron.

But yes, generally longer clubs (for taller people) are more upright.

I'm unsure which the person you quoted as going for… :)

Hey iacas, it also have to do with how you come through at time of impact correct?

This past weekend I was fit for a new set of irons I am at 2* up and only 5'8.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Hey iacas, it also have to do with how you come through at time of impact correct?

This past weekend I was fit for a new set of irons I am at 2* up and only 5'8.

How did he fit you? Was he basing it on optimum simulator results or on how you like to swing with a simple lie board?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

How did he fit you? Was he basing it on optimum simulator results or on how you like to swing with a simple lie board?

Simulator, different heads with +/- lies, different shafts as well lie board.

I know my swing is very steep and I have a problem coming from out to in some, so I drag the toe at impact.

But what I like is I am working on all this and RD has a 90 day play and return if you don't like what you got or fitting is not correct. I only go to one person who has fit mine and Justin's with all our clubs over the last two years.

Also put them up against my Pings on average about 10 yards longer much more consistent grouping.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Simulator, different heads with +/- lies, different shafts as well lie board.

I know my swing is very steep and I have a problem coming from out to in some, so I drag the toe at impact.

But what I like is I am working on all this and RD has a 90 day play and return if you don't like what you got or fitting is not correct. I only go to one person who has fit mine and Justin's with all our clubs over the last two years.

Also put them up against my Pings on average about 10 yards longer much more consistent grouping.

Cool, maybe I'll make a trip to Santa Ana RD soon.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Cool, maybe I'll make a trip to Santa Ana RD soon.

Only person I deal with there is Benny, he takes the time and understands how to read the numbers, he gives you options and narrows it down.

If you decide to see him tell him you know Justin and myself.

Matter of fact we will be there next weekend Justin is looking at new wedges, he is only playing two a 50 and 56 time to revisit.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Only person I deal with there is Benny, he takes the time and understands how to read the numbers, he gives you options and narrows it down.

If you decide to see him tell him you know Justin and myself.

Matter of fact we will be there next weekend Justin is looking at new wedges, he is only playing two a 50 and 56 time to revisit.

Cool, maybe we can meet there.

BTW, My phone died. Need to get all the numbers again.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Cool, maybe we can meet there.

BTW, My phone died. Need to get all the numbers again.

Just sent you a PM with my number talk to you soon.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Note: This thread is 3594 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!