IGNORED

Anyone else been playing forever without a hole in one?

Todd Ruggere
Note: This thread is 3597 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Only been playing a little over 10 years but there were a ridiculous amount of rounds crammed into those 10 years. I would guess my average was about 12 to 14 rounds a week for the first 6 years.

And not a single hole in one.

Closest were one overhanging the hole on a par 3 (where's a small earthquake when you need one) and one less than an inch from the lip on a par 4.

One reason I've never made one is that I miss too many greens. Of course the other reason is that I haven't lucked one in.

Never and I've been playing 35+ years at a single digit handicap for pretty much all that time. I've probably have had close to  a dozen tap-ins for birdie on par 3s but never a hole in one. My father in law, a 36 who tees off with a 5 wood cause he can't hit a driver, has had one. It's pure luck.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Some close calls, but none for me. My buddy got one last year. Initially I was just as excited as he was, but now every time someone brings up an ace he pipes up that he has one. Getting pretty tired of hearing that.....

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Some close calls, but none for me. My buddy got one last year. Initially I was just as excited as he was, but now every time someone brings up an ace he pipes up that he has one. Getting pretty tired of hearing that.....

I know the feeling. A friend of mine got a double eagle a few years ago and we are still hearing about it.

Just to make him mad when he told me about it the first time I said "Hmmm. Pretty lucky."

I thought he was going to have a fit when he angrily said "What do you mean luck? That was a heck of a shot."

He even bought himself a trophy for it. :doh::doh::doh: Probably not uncommon in the golfing world but not something I would ever do.

I have witnessed several holes in one (two by the same guy who's a 90s golfer who has 6 in all).

Never, been close, I have not even seen one.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Never seen one or had one either.

One of my good friends from a while back got 3 within his first 2 years of playing. Lucky :censored:

Henry

I have been playing for 25+ years and have never had one. My son and I played a Fathers day round on Saturday and he got his first one on the 7th hole 160 yds of one of the local courses we play. He is 16 yrs old and has been playing off and on since he was 6. Very cool Fathers day round. Although I really want one. :beer:

Never had one myself.  Closest I came was about 2 ft lol.  But it never had a chance of going in.  I've stuck a few on short par 3's before within 3 or 4 ft of the hole... but by stuck it I mean stuck it.  Ball made a nice crater in the green and bounced like 2 inches lol.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

My two golfing buddies and my brother have been playing at least 20 years each, not holes in one.  My Dad is 82, plays 200+ rounds a year and has for the last 15 years, no holes in one.  I do have one and I have seen one, but that's all.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I believe I belong to this group. I've come close three times, lipped out twice and the other just recently stopped within 5 inches of the hole. 29 years old and have been playing for about 9 years now, no luck..... yet.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

I doubt I'll ever get one unless it's a fluke. I only make birdie about 5% so getting it close doesn't happen often. Par 3's eat me alive anyway. I'd wager the majority of my double or worse scores are on par 3's.

Dave :-)

I would have one each time I hit a par 3 from the tee if they would put the hole in the right place. They never seem to get it right though.

- Shane

Several years ago during a tournament the hole-in-one contest was for a new car. 190 yard par 3. I hit a shot that hit the green and hit the pin. When I got to the green it was probably 3 feet away. I've had a couple of shots to par 3's that looked like they disappeared in the cup, but they were just hidden behind the pin, just not visible form the tee. Glad I didn't jump around like an idiot. :)

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I haven't been playing forever, just about 45 years....and not one ace, never even had one in my group.

I have friends who've had them some good golfers, some awful; when I was a young caddie there was a group playing behind the group I was caddying in that had 2 in one foursome.

But the closest I've even come to seeing one in person was a buddy who flew one into the hole, it hit the bottom and ended up about 75 feet off the green. He was pissed about making bogey, and it screwed up his game for the day.

I'm hoping that if I can play another 20 years or so that I might get lucky.

Players play, tough players win!

I play with a group of retired guys, The pool of players is around 24-30 although we typically have 12-16 guys coming out for our twice a week rounds.  I estimate that most of the guys have over well over 1000 rounds in their career, but let's use 25000 rounds as a total.

I would say 40% of the group have aces. One guy has had three. A few have two.  Three years ago,  four of the more active players in the group got aces in the same summer, but only two were during play with our group.

That still leaves over half the guys, who have played forever, still waiting, I got mine in my 7th year of golf, after about 200 rounds.

Serious addiction since 95 or so.  And nope.

Interesting how many better players (judging by posted index) there are.  But I guess that is not unexpected.  Most better players can hit the shot they want and there is not a lot of extraneous movement after the ball hits the green.  Greatly improves you odds if the ball rolls some after landing.  And most better players are aiming somewhere other than the pin on most par threes.  Working off a slope, avoiding trouble, not attacking pins that should not be attacked,  etc etc.

Yep. Never had one. I hit the front of the hole and the pin 2 weeks ago and settled for a 2 foot birdie. Guy I was playing with holed out on a 190 yard par 3 earlier in that same round.

I do have a double eagle, but a hole in one sure would be nice.

What's a double eagle?

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Note: This thread is 3597 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!