IGNORED

Tour AD DJ 6s

Note: This thread is 3587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm buying a Tour AD DJ 6S on Wednesday for my ping g25 fairway. It has the stock TFC shaft in there now in a stiff flex. I saw the impact the oban kiyoshi purple had on my driver as far as high launch and low spin and it's been fantastic. The tour ad DJ seems to be the way to go for fairways to increase spin and launch which is what I want for my fairway. Looking to get some feedback from anyone who has tried this shaft out or is currently gaming it. Also, I'm currently between 98-103 swing speed on average so I want to see where I stand compared to the field using this shaft. Thanks!

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Never hit that shaft in a fairway wood but I know how good the Graphite Design stuff is.

Is your TFC a "tour stiff"?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Never hit that shaft in a fairway wood but I know how good the Graphite Design stuff is.

Is your TFC a "tour stiff"?

The TFC shaft is not the tour stiff, that's really what I was looking to get initially but surprisingly Golf Town doesn't carry the tour stiff on the floor. The stiff is playing more like a regular for me, quite whippy. I've heard the 6s plays to a true stiff so I'm looking forward to trying that out. Mind you the TFC shaft really is quite impressive for a stock product, I'd just like to increase my spin for my fairway wood.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

The Ping TFC shafts are decent, but they really are much softer than their labeled flex. I had a TFC stiff in my G10 3-wood for a while and couldn't ever hit it (unless a 10 foot high roping hook counts as "hitting it") until I replaced it with the same shaft I have in my driver that works well for me. When I bought my hybrids I got a great deal, 2 G10's brand new for $70 total, but one came with a regular flex and one had a senior flex TFC shaft. I swung the senior flex one once on the range to test it and immediately decided I would re shaft it before trying it again. I was scared of the thing splintering when I swung since it was flopping around so much. That said, they are decent quality shafts. My grandpa normally uses a regular flex shaft and his stiff TFC works exceptionally well in his clubs.

The Ping TFC shafts are decent, but they really are much softer than their labeled flex. I had a TFC stiff in my G10 3-wood for a while and couldn't ever hit it (unless a 10 foot high roping hook counts as "hitting it") until I replaced it with the same shaft I have in my driver that works well for me. When I bought my hybrids I got a great deal, 2 G10's brand new for $70 total, but one came with a regular flex and one had a senior flex TFC shaft. I swung the senior flex one once on the range to test it and immediately decided I would re shaft it before trying it again. I was scared of the thing splintering when I swung since it was flopping around so much. That said, they are decent quality shafts. My grandpa normally uses a regular flex shaft and his stiff TFC works exceptionally well in his clubs.

You're spot on. I went in to my local golf town today just to hit the regular flex for fun and it honestly felt like ladies flex. The stiff plays to a stiff regular at best and that's being generous. Got my g25 reshafted today.. can't wait to hit it at the range.

I'm playing the AD DJ-7 in my driver.  I've had it for almost 2 yrs, and got it for basically the same reasons you stated...I tend to launch the ball low and wanted something that would throw it up in the air with some spin to keep it in the air.  I play my driver short (44 1/4") so I went with the 7 to keep the swingweight up.  It's a fantastic shaft.  It does what it's supposed to do and I like the way it feels.  I have experience with other high end premium shafts and this is as good as anything I've played.

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

I'm playing the AD DJ-7 in my driver.  I've had it for almost 2 yrs, and got it for basically the same reasons you stated...I tend to launch the ball low and wanted something that would throw it up in the air with some spin to keep it in the air.  I play my driver short (44 1/4") so I went with the 7 to keep the swingweight up.  It's a fantastic shaft.  It does what it's supposed to do and I like the way it feels.  I have experience with other high end premium shafts and this is as good as anything I've played.

Awesome, glad to hear. I'm picking mine up tomorrow, it's been quite the process getting this shaft put in a g25 fairway since the shaft is a .335 and the fairway is .350 so they've shimmed it. Hopefully it holds...

Awesome, glad to hear. I'm picking mine up tomorrow, it's been quite the process getting this shaft put in a g25 fairway since the shaft is a .335 and the fairway is .350 so they've shimmed it. Hopefully it holds...

Cool!  Shimming is pretty common, and there are some good shims on the market, so I don't think you'll have any issues.  Let us know your thoughts on the shaft!

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

Cool!  Shimming is pretty common, and there are some good shims on the market, so I don't think you'll have any issues.  Let us know your thoughts on the shaft!

That's good to hear, I hit it today after picking it up. I can honestly say this shaft is doing EXACTLY what I wanted. I've successfully gained spin and a much higher flight. Super excited to put it in play on the course tomorrow morning. The shaft is playing to a true stiff flex as well. Great looks and performance so far on the simulator is looking awesome.  A steal of a deal for $120 :) Now to figure out what to do with my stock TFC shaft lol... might just use it as an alignment aid...

Note: This thread is 3587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!