IGNORED

Google Glass App Idea

Note: This thread is 3597 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Have a smartphone camera beam what you're doing to a screen on GG. This way you can see yourself without moving your head say like when you're doing mirror work. GG is a realtime "mirror". You could have a steady head option that draws a red circle around your head at setup and make a swing w/o the ball to see how good you're keeping it steady. It's basically a golf video selfie!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Have a smartphone camera beam what you're doing to a screen on GG. This way you can see yourself without moving your head say like when you're doing mirror work. GG is a realtime "mirror".

You could have a steady head option that draws a red circle around your head at setup and make a swing w/o the ball to see how good you're keeping it steady.

It's basically a golf video selfie!

They have those. It's a video feed looped to a small TV (or iPad) near the ball.

A friend of mine uses Skype to video chat with himself. His one iPhone "films" him from whatever angle he wants, then his iPad is near his ball so he can see what he's doing.

It's a pretty great way to practice, eh @cedrictheo ? :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

They have those. It's a video feed looped to a small TV (or iPad) near the ball. A friend of mine uses Skype to video chat with himself. His one iPhone "films" him from whatever angle he wants, then his iPad is near his ball so he can see what he's doing. It's a pretty great way to practice, eh @cedrictheo ? :)

That's clever. If I didn't have an Android tablet I'd try that. Hmmmm. iPad Mini buy me :-) But the fact that it's on GG and you don't have to move your head to see yourself - that's pretty advantageous no?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

But the fact that it's on GG and you don't have to move your head to see yourself - that's pretty advantageous no?

I think it would be more distracting than anything. What's better than keeping your eyes down toward the ball? With GG, you could look anywhere, and you have to constantly change focal distance.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Giving away all my secrets @iacas :))... Skype is great for mirror work, I never hit balls using it…

… but you could. :)

Make a few backswings (or whatever), then chip a ball. Repeat as necessary.

Have a smartphone camera beam what you're doing to a screen on GG. This way you can see yourself without moving your head say like when you're doing mirror work. GG is a realtime "mirror".

You could have a steady head option that draws a red circle around your head at setup and make a swing w/o the ball to see how good you're keeping it steady.

It's basically a golf video selfie!

It's still $1800. I figure it might come down a bit, but not super cheap.

Good idea, though.

There are a few sports applications that some people are looking into. "Fitness APP"

http://glass-apps.org/

http://www.google.com/glass/start/what-it-does/

Check out "Golfsight" with swingbyte.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Giving away all my secrets @iacas :))... Skype is great for mirror work, I never hit balls using it. More for checking positions/alignments and doing slow motion work.

See, this is the sort of thing The Dan Plan should be producing. :-P

Steve

What if you could integrate protracer into google glass and see the ball trail through the glasses in real-time?

That would be cool.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 3597 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!