• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nevets88

Google Glass App Idea

11 posts in this topic

Have a smartphone camera beam what you're doing to a screen on GG. This way you can see yourself without moving your head say like when you're doing mirror work. GG is a realtime "mirror". You could have a steady head option that draws a red circle around your head at setup and make a swing w/o the ball to see how good you're keeping it steady. It's basically a golf video selfie!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Have a smartphone camera beam what you're doing to a screen on GG. This way you can see yourself without moving your head say like when you're doing mirror work. GG is a realtime "mirror".

You could have a steady head option that draws a red circle around your head at setup and make a swing w/o the ball to see how good you're keeping it steady.

It's basically a golf video selfie!

They have those. It's a video feed looped to a small TV (or iPad) near the ball.

A friend of mine uses Skype to video chat with himself. His one iPhone "films" him from whatever angle he wants, then his iPad is near his ball so he can see what he's doing.

It's a pretty great way to practice, eh @cedrictheo ? :)

They have those. It's a video feed looped to a small TV (or iPad) near the ball. A friend of mine uses Skype to video chat with himself. His one iPhone "films" him from whatever angle he wants, then his iPad is near his ball so he can see what he's doing. It's a pretty great way to practice, eh @cedrictheo ? :)

That's clever. If I didn't have an Android tablet I'd try that. Hmmmm. iPad Mini buy me :-) But the fact that it's on GG and you don't have to move your head to see yourself - that's pretty advantageous no?

But the fact that it's on GG and you don't have to move your head to see yourself - that's pretty advantageous no?

I think it would be more distracting than anything. What's better than keeping your eyes down toward the ball? With GG, you could look anywhere, and you have to constantly change focal distance.

Giving away all my secrets @iacas :))... Skype is great for mirror work, I never hit balls using it. More for checking positions/alignments and doing slow motion work.

Giving away all my secrets @iacas :))... Skype is great for mirror work, I never hit balls using it…

… but you could. :)

Make a few backswings (or whatever), then chip a ball. Repeat as necessary.

Have a smartphone camera beam what you're doing to a screen on GG. This way you can see yourself without moving your head say like when you're doing mirror work. GG is a realtime "mirror".

You could have a steady head option that draws a red circle around your head at setup and make a swing w/o the ball to see how good you're keeping it steady.

It's basically a golf video selfie!

It's still $1800. I figure it might come down a bit, but not super cheap.

Good idea, though.

There are a few sports applications that some people are looking into. "Fitness APP"

http://glass-apps.org/

http://www.google.com/glass/start/what-it-does/

Check out "Golfsight" with swingbyte.

Giving away all my secrets @iacas :))... Skype is great for mirror work, I never hit balls using it. More for checking positions/alignments and doing slow motion work.

See, this is the sort of thing The Dan Plan should be producing. :-P

What if you could integrate protracer into google glass and see the ball trail through the glasses in real-time?

What if you could integrate protracer into google glass and see the ball trail through the glasses in real-time?

That would be cool.