IGNORED

Tobacco products on golf course

whatwoodtigerdo
Note: This thread is 3579 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

And now you think you have a clue who I am... Fitting with the rest of your arguments. I drive a vehicle almost every day (a Grand Cherokee and a Porsche 911, to be exact). I also smoke roughly 20 cigars a year. I also golf about 27 holes a week. I drink 4-6 beers a week. I do all this because I enjoy it, which means it adds to the quality of life I enjoy. However, I'm not the guy(s) on here who is hypocritical and tells others what their quality of life should be, and how they should live it. Nor am I going to not call people out who make ridiculous claims that catching a whiff of second hand smoke on a golf course is going to give everyone cancer... Because that is stupid (as I stated in a much earlier post). I am the guy who stated in an earlier post that what really matters is that people are considerate. Whether you're a smoker, a drinker, a farter, a jabber jaw, etc. Be who you are, and be considerate of others, no matter who they choose to be.

And now you think you have a clue who I am... Fitting with the rest of your arguments.

I drive a vehicle almost every day (a Grand Cherokee and a Porsche 911, to be exact). I also smoke roughly 20 cigars a year. I also golf about 27 holes a week. I drink 4-6 beers a week. I do all this because I enjoy it, which means it adds to the quality of life I enjoy.

However, I'm not the guy(s) on here who is hypocritical and tells others what their quality of life should be, and how they should live it. Nor am I going not call people out who make ridiculous claims that catching a whiff of second hand smoke on a golf course is going to give everyone cancer... Because that is stupid (as I stated in a much earlier post).

I am the guy who stated in an earlier post that what really matters is that people are considerate. Whether you're a smoker, a drinker, a farter, a jabber jaw, etc. Be who you are, and be considerate of others, no matter who they choose to be.

Enjoyment does not equal quality of life. If so then drug addicts have a high quality of life because they enjoy the addiction. That is very much the opposite.

I am not saying what your quality of life should be. All I ever said was that tobacco is not needed. My personal opinion is that tobacco use should  be kept on private property of ones own home, or a friend or families home if so allowed. To me that is how considerate those people should be around other people. If you are going to feed your unneeded addition, then do so in a way that does not bother other people. People who smoke SHOULD NOT have to wait for people to complain to them about their smoking. They should be aware of those around them, and take precautions to minimize the 2nd hand smoke the give off.

Also, If you can smell tobacco smoke, then you are taking in 2nd hand smoke. You can't get around that. If that causes cancer or not, depends on the person who is taking in the 2nd hand smoke.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And now you think you have a clue who I am... Fitting with the rest of your arguments.

I drive a vehicle almost every day (a Grand Cherokee and a Porsche 911, to be exact). I also smoke roughly 20 cigars a year. I also golf about 27 holes a week. I drink 4-6 beers a week. I do all this because I enjoy it, which means it adds to the quality of life I enjoy.

However, I'm not the guy(s) on here who is hypocritical and tells others what their quality of life should be, and how they should live it. Nor am I going not call people out who make ridiculous claims that catching a whiff of second hand smoke on a golf course is going to give everyone cancer... Because that is stupid (as I stated in a much earlier post).

I am the guy who stated in an earlier post that what really matters is that people are considerate. Whether you're a smoker, a drinker, a farter, a jabber jaw, etc. Be who you are, and be considerate of others, no matter who they choose to be.

Considerate people also know how to express themselves clearly without being confrontational.  Every post you've made here has made it seem as thought you are looking for a fight.  Calling others "stupid" is not the act of a considerate person.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I agree with you Fourputt, calling people stupid is inconsiderate. However, please let me know where I called anyone stupid, and I will apologize to them. I coined the concept of getting cancer from an occasional whiff of smoke stupid... But I don't believe I called anyone on here stupid. But please let me know otherwise, and I will apologize to that person. And if you see other people playing devil's advocate as confrontational, then I guess that's the way it is. But this is a debate-able topic, so confrontation is bound to happen. Enjoy the rest of your day... I'm off to catch a tee time in 1.5 hours. I will drive my car there, smoke a cigar while playing with my non-smoker golf buddies, drink a couple beers, and hopefully come out on top in skins... All while being considerate of others!
  • Upvote 1

But this is a debate-able topic, so confrontation is bound to happen.

Yep, confrontation is inevitable whenever particular people start to tell others how they should live, think, act, etc.

If someone's main priority is avoiding confrontation, then they should avoid controversial topics entirely.

John

Just wondering if there is much of a move to change the promotion of smoking in the States.

A friend of mine just came back from the U.S. and gave me a golf magazine - I was shocked to see a Camel ad in it. We haven't had smoking ads in magazines for 20 years.

In fact, packages can't be displayed and are a generic khaki colour with warnings.

This is what we have in Australia:

How would that sit with you guys?

The argument is more about saving health dollars in the future by not making smoking attractive to children rather than protecting drug addicts from themselves ;-)

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Just wondering if there is much of a move to change the promotion of smoking in the States. A friend of mine just came back from the U.S. and gave me a golf magazine - I was shocked to see a Camel ad in it. We haven't had smoking ads in magazines for 20 years. In fact, packages can't be displayed and are a generic khaki colour with warnings. This is what we have in Australia: [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/100708/] [/URL] [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/100709/] [/URL] How would that sit with you guys? The argument is more about saving health dollars in the future by not making smoking attractive to children rather than protecting drug addicts from themselves ;-)

Would be 100% fine with this. I think we still have a ban on tobacco ads on tv, but I guess not in print. (Kinda wish we'd ban prescription drug ads too)

Would be 100% fine with this.

I think we still have a ban on tobacco ads on tv, but I guess not in print. (Kinda wish we'd ban prescription drug ads too)

Absolutely, the prescription drug industry is one of the shadiest out there. Knowing full well they can create drugs with side effects, so they can promote drugs that cancel out those side effects, as well as giving doctors money to promote their drugs is just a terrible business practice.

I have no problem with the use of aggressive imaging to deter smoking. If someone wants to smoke, then they should be informed as to what the consequences are to their bodies.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I don't mind prescription drug ads (exception being ED ads), but I wish they would ban feminine product ads and incontinence product ads.

:offtopic:

Now what were we talking about?

- Shane

Note: This thread is 3579 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!