IGNORED

Tiger Woods Announces Return Date, Will Play At Congressional

Chilli Dipper
Note: This thread is 3566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm excited that Tiger is finally coming back. Good for golf, and I have tickets for The PGA championship at Valhalla since I live here in Louisville, and I want to see him play just once in my life.

I'm excited that Tiger is finally coming back. Good for golf, and I have tickets for The PGA championship at Valhalla since I live here in Louisville, and I want to see him play just once in my life.

My advice: be prepared to run, because the crowds that follow him are enormous. My uncle and I went to the PGA in 2011 when it was in Atlanta and I had to sprint to get a good enough position to see him play his shots.

Plus, also, dude hotfoots it down the fairway like its carpeted in coals. But it was an incredible experience.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My advice: be prepared to run, because the crowds that follow him are enormous. My uncle and I went to the PGA in 2011 when it was in Atlanta and I had to sprint to get a good enough position to see him play his shots.  Plus, also, dude hotfoots it down the fairway like its carpeted in coals. But it was an incredible experience.

Agreed, I was at the 2012 US Open & the crowds are insane. I ended up just camping out at a hole waiting for him. Got front row seats and even a little TV time

Riley

Any other advice? I've thought about maybe staying withy parents who may want to camp out at one of the holes and wait for him rather than walking/ running all day to follow him in the blazing hot/humid weather. But I'm still young and would love to follow maybe a player that will tee off in the morning like a Kuchar (one of my favorites), McIlroy, Mickelson, Fowler, etc....and then catch another afternoon group later in the day. But I feel seeing Tiger play as much as possible is a must.

Yeah I'm sure you'll be able to see Kuch or Fowler. I got there and walked the course and got to see all the holes, got some food and it was really fun. I followed Tiger-Phil-Bubba for a few holes, then camped out right in front. I think it's really fun just sitting and hanging because you get to see everyone. I gotta see legends like Tiger, Phil, and Vijay as well as some of my favorite like Furyk, Goosen, Choi. So it's nice getting to pretty much see everyone up close. Also, read this http://thesandtrap.com/b/swing_thoughts/tips_for_attending_a_professional_golf_tournament And please don't yell BABA BOOEY or MASHED POTATOES or GET IN THE HOLE on the tee at a par four lol

Riley

Hah[quote name="RJH999" url="/t/75323/tiger-woods-announces-return-date-will-play-at-congressional/60#post_1009498"] Yeah I'm sure you'll be able to see Kuch or Fowler. I got there and walked the course and got to see all the holes, got some food and it was really fun. I followed Tiger-Phil-Bubba for a few holes, then camped out right in front. I think it's really fun just sitting and hanging because you get to see everyone. I gotta see legends like Tiger, Phil, and Vijay as well as some of my favorite like Furyk, Goosen, Choi. So it's nice getting to pretty much see everyone up close. Also, read this http://thesandtrap.com/b/swing_thoughts/tips_for_attending_a_professional_golf_tournament And please don't yell BABA BOOEY or MASHED POTATOES or GET IN THE HOLE on the tee at a par four lol[/quote] Haha nah I'm the type of person who doesn't feel like it's necessary to draw attention to themselves. I'm excited for the atmosphere and spending time with the family, but I'm equally excited to see the best golf in the world.

Hah Haha nah I'm the type of person who doesn't feel like it's necessary to draw attention to themselves. I'm excited for the atmosphere and spending time with the family, but I'm equally excited to see the best golf in the world.

Yeah it's a lot of fun. What day are you going?

Riley

Yeah it's a lot of fun. What day are you going?

I have Friday tickets. Wish I could get some weekend tickets or maybe some practice round tickets....but work and budget comes into play (kind of like my actual golf playing time)

I have Friday tickets. Wish I could get some weekend tickets or maybe some practice round tickets....but work and budget comes into play (kind of like my actual golf playing time)

Cool. I had friday tickets at the 2012 US Open. I went with my dad for fathers day, it was really cool. It's almost more fun on a weekday because you actually get to see everyone not just the players who made the cut. Also, you can get there before Tiger lays an egg on saturday. After Friday in 2012, Tiger was in the lead....Ahhhh the hope!

Riley

Cool. I had friday tickets at the 2012 US Open. I went with my dad for fathers day, it was really cool. It's almost more fun on a weekday because you actually get to see everyone not just the players who made the cut. Also, you can get there before Tiger lays an egg on saturday. After Friday in 2012, Tiger was in the lead....Ahhhh the hope!

You got to love it! I'm sure you will have fond memories for the rest of your life just seeing the great golf and Tiger, but even more so it's the time you get to spend with the family! That's another reason why I love golf so much, and I'm just starting to get the addiction after playing baseball my whole child/teenage sporting years.

You got to love it! I'm sure you will have fond memories for the rest of your life just seeing the great golf and Tiger, but even more so it's the time you get to spend with the family! That's another reason why I love golf so much, and I'm just starting to get the addiction after playing baseball my whole child/teenage sporting years.

Exactly. It's great whether playing or watching just hangin out with the fam carefree.

Riley

Exactly. It's great whether playing or watching just hangin out with the fam carefree.

Thanks for all the advice! I might resurrect this thread come August, and I'll let you know what happened and hopefully some good stories from Valhalla!

Thanks for all the advice! I might resurrect this thread come August, and I'll let you know what happened and hopefully some good stories from Valhalla!

Cool. Have a great time brotha, hopefully the tourney's as amazing as Woods-May way back when.

Riley

Practice round is he way to go.  In 2008 I went to all three practice days and got to see quite a bit of Tiger without fighting too many crowds.  And I found it cool to see how meticulous they are in the practice rounds.  Groups would routinely spend 10-15 minutes on each green testing different places, hitting out of greenside lies and bunkers, etc.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Practice round is he way to go.  In 2008 I went to all three practice days and got to see quite a bit of Tiger without fighting too many crowds.  And I found it cool to see how meticulous they are in the practice rounds.  Groups would routinely spend 10-15 minutes on each green testing different places, hitting out of greenside lies and bunkers, etc.

If I could get out of work I would be there! Sounds very beneficial to see how the pros practice meticulously.

Note: This thread is 3566 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!