IGNORED

Walkers: Do you carry your bag or do you use a push cart?

ajst22
Note: This thread is 3275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Walkers: Do you carry your bag or do you use a push cart?

• Carry my bag
    • Use a push cart

The only place I've ever seen that was The Old Course at St Andrews where you were not allowed to use a push/pull cart until the afternoon.  You also were not allowed to ride in a cart unless you had a medical condition requiring its use.  Those rules are in place to encourage caddie use/create revenue.  I wasn't prepared for that (no push cart) and my unfortunate caddie took a physical beating carrying my obese bag around.  He was a pretty good sport about it  until after about 15 holes, when he admitted it was the hardest carry he'd ever done, I felt pretty awful.

I believe that is the case at my club too.  A large number of the golf members use fore caddies and caddies so in order to make sure we have enough the club decided to eliminate the use of push carts.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A lot of members have been buying this electric cart. There is so much demand that there is a waiting list to get storage at the club.

The cart will actually follow you around the course.

The big problem is that lack of an umbrella holder.

They are a bit pricey at US$3,250 and you have to get someone to import them from the UK.

They are a bit pricey at US$3,250 and you have to get someone to import them from the UK.

Wow, I could play a lot of golf for that amount of money...

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

A lot of members have been buying this electric cart. There is so much demand that there is a waiting list to get storage at the club.

The cart will actually follow you around the course.

The big problem is that lack of an umbrella holder.

One of the golfers I play rounds with in the morning has one of these. I always feel like he's left his cart behind, then it catches up with him. I suppose if I weren't there primarily for exercise it would be a fun thing to have. However, I would be more likely to build my own rather than fork up $3000+.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• 5 months later...

Years ago a guy who I got paired up with had a first generation electric push cart.  His cart actually ran over a kid that was playing along with him.  I just about died .... lol (Nobody was hurt)

Just trying to find my way around

Mitch

I started out carrying earlier this year but it was kinda a pain to keep picking up the clubs and I kept getting a rash on my neck from the heat, sweat, and bag. So I got a pull cart for $30 on amazon. Its awesome. Best $30 I have ever spent. It has two wheels and I can push or pull it. I did not want a 3 wheel one because they have brakes, which meant there was something on it to break. The two wheel ones do not need a brake. The electric ones would be great for someone who is injured...then again if you are injured you should probably have a cart.

Driver - Ping G15 12 Degree Loft
3W - Ping G10
3 Hyrbrid - Ping G15
4-PW - Taylormade Burner 2.0
Putter - Ping Anser 2

My swing (help is much appreciated) - http://thesandtrap.com/t/80964/my-swing-logo

Always carried when I was I school because I had to for team matches but started using a push cart soon after finishing cool. It just makes the round a little more enjoyable and I can carry a few more items in the cart style bag just in case. It was always a pain taking inventory of the carry bag before going out to play so you wouldn't end up carrying more than you need.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

As someone who walks whenever possible, I can't imagine why anyone would prefer to carry their clubs over using a push cart. I tend to pack quite a bit of food (I eat like a champ when walking 18 holes), not to mention a large water bottle, and the occasional 6 pack of beer. Before getting a push cart, my shoulders would start to fatigue and by hole 16, picking up and setting down the bag would feel like a grind.

My men's club buddies and I usually walk during our tournament rounds. They are all similar in age to me (early 30's), but I am the only one of them who uses a push cart. I've never quite figured out why they don't get one, although based on the occasional comment they make about my "old man" cart, I guess there is a stigma against using one. Oh well, doesn't bother me one bit!

I always carried my bag but when I got into my 40s the fatigue factor was notable.  I played with a guy pushing a clicgear and I was sold.  I bought one and never looked back.  The clicgear cart is a caddilac of golf trollies.  I like the three wheeler because I can begin my club selection as a I approach my ball.  I can carry gear, there's drink holders, an umbrella holder.  I also bought the cooler bag that clips on under the cart, but I rarely use it.

I started using the push cart almost three years ago.  A friend was selling his SunMountain Speedcart to get a new cart.  I'm definitely fresher on the back nine with it than without it.

Note: This thread is 3275 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!