IGNORED

Web.com Tom Gillis Booed for Twitter Remarks

iacas
Note: This thread is 3567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/webcom-tour-pro-tom-gillis-booed-air-capital-classic-disparaging-remarks-about-host-club-and-its-members

Never been to a course with a higher opinion of themselves. crestview c.c.

When u play the http://web.com  tour u get to warm up with the lady members.

Quote:
The social media backlash was swift, with several angry fans promising Gillis a memorable reception later in the week, and sure enough, they let him have it as he approached the club's signature par-3 17th hole playing in the final group on Saturday afternoon.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My knee-jerk reaction to this when I saw it yesterday was wow that guys a jerk. But after reading what actually took place Im on his side. The lady is the jerk for not following the rules.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

It's really, really dumb for any athlete to air such a minor grievance on a social media platform. There simply aren't enough people who are going to care one way or the other and the poster comes off looking like a whining d-bag.

John

He was probably correct, but don't put one liners on twitter about it.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Twitter should make a rant tweet option - with like an angry bird icon, ha ha. Only you can see them and they disappear after 10 days or something. Would prevent a lot of this kind of thing from happening, but on the other hand, it's been interesting following this little tempest in a teapot.

I nearly got hit on the range twice after already getting hit once on the back, put up with smokers, people running out on the field, loud fools, etc... a snippy lady, pfffft, that's nothing, rolls right off my back.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I wonder how she was able to get that far with a club ... I guess web.com is relaxed in security measures, or checking to make sure you "belong" in an area.

Like others have said, his fault was a tweet ... but I guess sometimes you have to "play it as it lies" ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Seems public figures still don't get that social media is read by everyone, not just their fans.  A celebrity can rant to their fans and usually find a lot of support for their opinions but non-fans will call them out or escalate the rant to ridiculous levels.  Social media isn't new technology yet some still don't seem to understand how it really works.

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 3567 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!