• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iacas

Web.com Tom Gillis Booed for Twitter Remarks

9 posts in this topic

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/webcom-tour-pro-tom-gillis-booed-air-capital-classic-disparaging-remarks-about-host-club-and-its-members

Never been to a course with a higher opinion of themselves. crestview c.c.

When u play the http://web.com  tour u get to warm up with the lady members.

Quote:
The social media backlash was swift, with several angry fans promising Gillis a memorable reception later in the week, and sure enough, they let him have it as he approached the club's signature par-3 17th hole playing in the final group on Saturday afternoon.

Awards and Achievements

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

My knee-jerk reaction to this when I saw it yesterday was wow that guys a jerk. But after reading what actually took place Im on his side. The lady is the jerk for not following the rules.

It's really, really dumb for any athlete to air such a minor grievance on a social media platform. There simply aren't enough people who are going to care one way or the other and the poster comes off looking like a whining d-bag.

He was probably correct, but don't put one liners on twitter about it.

Awards and Achievements

Twitter should make a rant tweet option - with like an angry bird icon, ha ha. Only you can see them and they disappear after 10 days or something. Would prevent a lot of this kind of thing from happening, but on the other hand, it's been interesting following this little tempest in a teapot.

I nearly got hit on the range twice after already getting hit once on the back, put up with smokers, people running out on the field, loud fools, etc... a snippy lady, pfffft, that's nothing, rolls right off my back.

Awards and Achievements

I wonder how she was able to get that far with a club ... I guess web.com is relaxed in security measures, or checking to make sure you "belong" in an area.

Like others have said, his fault was a tweet ... but I guess sometimes you have to "play it as it lies" ...

Seems public figures still don't get that social media is read by everyone, not just their fans.  A celebrity can rant to their fans and usually find a lot of support for their opinions but non-fans will call them out or escalate the rant to ridiculous levels.  Social media isn't new technology yet some still don't seem to understand how it really works.

Awards and Achievements

If the brotha can't even make the pga tour, quit ya bitchin