IGNORED

Re-establishing a handicap

Chris Stewart
Note: This thread is 3587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Back in 2012 I joined the VSGA eClub, which gave me an official handicap index. I didn't play much in 2013 and didn't renew that membership. I've just recently joined a local golf club which offers a handicapping service. I'll certainly talk to them about getting that set up, but I'm curious how this might work if anyone has had a similar situation. Will I simply add my new scores since the last time I had an opportunity to post them, and it will calculate my handicap using scores as far back as the fall of 2012?

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

Did you have a GHIN number with your previous club?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If you had GHIN, your old scores will pop up (probably after a revision.)

I have had several friends start playing after years of not and their HC was where it was before the break.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Did you have a GHIN number with your previous club?

Yes, I did. I tried to go into the website last night under my previous GHIN number, and it said I was inactive. I'm curious if they'll simply reactivate that number/account.

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

If you had GHIN, your old scores will pop up (probably after a revision.) I have had several friends start playing after years of not and their HC was where it was before the break .

Reported, or actual? :-P Seriously though, I'm surprised I actually haven't fallen off more than I have. I'm not an 18, but I'm not that far away either.

Yes, I did. I tried to go into the website last night under my previous GHIN number, and it said I was inactive. I'm curious if they'll simply reactivate that number/account.

They should.  If you haven't already, make sure that you tell them that you do have a GHIN number.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Your present club has to reactivate it  or have it transferred from the previous hosting club you were member of.

Note: This thread is 3587 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!