IGNORED

No glove golf have you tried it?

rap5000
Note: This thread is 3552 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If conditions dictate ... like really cold, or rain ... otherwise I do not wear them ... never saw the advantage or the reasoning for me personally ... almost saw it as (some will disagree) that they are part of the golf marketing machine ...

However, it seems like most of the pros have them ... so I look forward to reaching that level in my golf journey where it might impact my playing ability ... right not I am very from that point ...

• Upvote 1

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think modern grips with the soft velvet rubber make gloves less needed than with the old hard plastic corded grips, which were super slippery with even the slightest moisture, but for me I'll never go without, my hands get sweaty easy and I see no reason not to wear one, soft grip pressure is key and without a glove I may compensate with more.

I used to burn through a glove in 4 rounds. One day I said screw it and its been 5 years since I last wore one during a round. Only time I see myself putting a glove on will be when it drops below 40*

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Gloves are for grip. If you can grip the club without squeezing real hard, then that's good. I like a glove because of the better grip. I'm sure gloes came about because the old leather grips were slick and leather on leather grips pretty well. I got some Puma gloves from Hurricane golf for under $6. I love rain gloves and winter gloves.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Did a two hour practice session last year and my only glove fell apart. Did the rest without and haven't used one since. I keep one in my bag for a hot, humid day. Feels better without for me,

—Adam

I've been using a glove since I started and I like the feel when gripping a club.  I'm too lazy to take it off for putting so I have a pretty serious case of albino hand too.

Hi all

I have been golfing for serious for over five years now. Handicap started at 18 went slowly up to 23 then rapidly down to 13. This year I turned up for a club match and used different bag and forgot to pack a glove. It was a hot day and I played well. I turned up two days later for a friendly and STILL forgot about glove. Paid it no mind and played well.

I have played for two months now with a glove and without and I honestly can say it makes no difference. I told my father about it and he tried it and is now on his 10th game gloveless and has reported he too can't fathom out what the difference is. He is a 7 handicap and putts without a glove. I'm a 13 and only took glove off at end of round.

I would be interested on your tales and if you re willing to try it for a while and report back.

I know about freddy couples so don't want to go that route as pros are not us. So keep this about golfers and leave the famous out of it.

Happy swinging.

Except for my winter gloves when it's too cold for bare hands, I haven't worn a glove when playing for at least 15 years.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I have an annoying habit of leaving my glove in my pocket when I leave the course. Then I'm too damn lazy to put it back in my golf bag when I change clothes. For that reason, I periodically play with no glove. I'm not real sure it is a massive factor, but there is definitely a difference in feel that I don't like.

I'm really surprised so many of you go gloveless. I rarely see anyone play without one. I can't imagine that I'd ever play without one although I have tried it on the driving range. I get a much better grip playing with a glove. Without, I grip the club way to hard.

cubdog

Ross (aka cubdog)

I'm really surprised so many of you go gloveless. I rarely see anyone play without one. I can't imagine that I'd ever play without one although I have tried it on the driving range. I get a much better grip playing with a glove. Without, I grip the club way to hard. cubdog

I agree. Just about everyone I've seen playing wears a glove. Anyways, Tiger wears one so I do too.

Colin P.

I've been slowing moving towards no glove.  I figure its one less thing to buy and one less thing to adjust between shots.  One problem is finding the right grips.  I use New Decade Multi-Compound, which I love with gloves, but they're a bit rough on my bare hand.  Also, a couple of my clubs don't have the same grips--my wedges, 3w, driver, and hybrid have the stock grips and the differnece is much more noticable and a bit discomforting without gloves.

I find that my hands get a bit worn after a long range session without gloves and I need to wear them again the next time. But that should change over time.

• Upvote 1

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I have always worn a glove, to me it's part of the uniform. On a recent round in Napa I was riding high after an opening hole birdie on a par 5. The next hole was a fairly easy 130 yard ish Par 3. I was so excited I left my glove attatched to my bag and I didnt go get it because my playing partners were ready to play and I had the honors. It felt horrible and I thinned my 9 iron right into the left greenside bunker. I've left my glove on even while putting eversince. Shoot I may star driving to the course with my glove on.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

I agree. Just about everyone I've seen playing wears a glove.

Anyways, Tiger wears one so I do too.

That's not really the most compelling argument.  Now if you'd said Jack, that'd be a whole nother matter.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

I can now reveal that if FootJoy paid me $500 each time i played or practiced golf wearing their gloves, I'd be on those in a flash. And i do wear 2 gloves even off the course, esp in summer, and very especially when on the bike. The right hand glove is white and the left black.  Looks cool, kinda ambi-ethnic.

That's not really the most compelling argument.  Now if you'd said Jack, that'd be a whole nother matter.

If Tigs told me to jump off a bridge I would... :-D

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 3552 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!