IGNORED

No glove golf have you tried it?

rap5000
Note: This thread is 3570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Have always used one.

It comes off between shots and I don't wear it chipping or putting.

I'm the same as described here. As soon as I'm done with a shot it's relegated to my back pocket or, if it's getting a bit damp on a hot day, I will slide it onto my alignment sticks to let it air-dry. I've found that I tend to wear it for everything with a full or 3/4 swing, and anything less I leave it off. Just a matter of personal preference there, and it sort of helps me separate between full swings and short game swings in my mind.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Have always used one.  It comes off between shots and I don't wear it chipping or putting.

This is the only correct answer.

Colin P.

A guy in our group Saturday had a panic attack on the 11th tee box because he had lost his glove. None of the rest of us wear one so we couldn't help him. I expected him to hit his tee shot and then maybe go back and look for it while the rest of us were hitting but he acted like there was no way he could hit the shot without his glove so he went back to the 10th green and found it on the ground. Thank goodness he found it because I don't know what he would have done if he hadn't. ;-) BTW with the Chamois grips I use the traction stays good, and to a point even better, when they get a little wet.

Gloveless pretty much from the get go. No stories other than the occasional blisters when playing a lot.

Same, no way I could use glove and I live inTexas and hands don't get unbearably sweaty. Always have a towel with me obv

Have always used one.

It comes off between shots and I don't wear it chipping or putting.

Ditto...:)

I've been slowing moving towards no glove.  I figure its one less thing to buy and one less thing to adjust between shots.  One problem is finding the right grips.  I use New Decade Multi-Compound, which I love with gloves, but they're a bit rough on my bare hand.  Also, a couple of my clubs don't have the same grips--my wedges, 3w, driver, and hybrid have the stock grips and the differnece is much more noticable and a bit discomforting without gloves.

I find that my hands get a bit worn after a long range session without gloves and I need to wear them again the next time. But that should change over time.

I took off all of last week and played golf pretty much every day.  My hands were pretty raw on the second day but after that I had completely adjusted and my hands were not sore one bit.  Towards the end of the week I stopped using gloves for the clubs with different grips, too.  I think I've made the complete transition.

• Upvote 1

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Not using a glove has helped me a lot.

Surprised that many people who live in humid regions expressed that they don't need gloves as well, that's also good to know.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

How the hell are people going through a glove in 4 rounds?? My glove will last me at least three times longer.

I was thinking this too, 4 rounds is excessively bad-- which I'm guessing is the result of a really bad grip.  I'm not sure how long mine last but it's waaay longer than several rounds.

I get holes in the same 2 spots with every pair, a small BB sized hole inside my left thumb and a dime sized hole on the meaty part of the palm.  I like the footjoy gloves since they're usually the cheapest and they put the extra flap of leather on that palm spot so the glove lasts a little longer.

How the hell are people going through a glove in 4 rounds?? My glove will last me at least three times longer.

I was thinking this too, 4 rounds is excessively bad-- which I'm guessing is the result of a really bad grip.  I'm not sure how long mine last but it's waaay longer than several rounds.

I get holes in the same 2 spots with every pair, a small BB sized hole inside my left thumb and a dime sized hole on the meaty part of the palm.  I like the footjoy gloves since they're usually the cheapest and they put the extra flap of leather on that palm spot so the glove lasts a little longer.

Don't use a glove, problem solved. ;-)

Joking aside, taking off the glove has allowed me to feel that the grip is wrong, and this keeps me from building callouses (blisters) in the wrong places. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Sometimes a new glove can be worse than no glove at all. I bought some Callaway synthetic gloves some time ago and noticed that something was wrong. My hand was slipping INSIDE the glove due to some kind of powder (cornstarch or talc) that they used inside the glove, presumably to let you try them on easier. When this stuff got wet with perspiration, it made the inside of the glove slippery as an eel. And it was one of those things you couldn't figure out at first, since the glove/grip contact was secure. Better off with no glove at all. The only way to fix these gloves is to wash them several times to remove the powder from inside the glove. Don't know if other manufacturers powder their gloves, but it will drive you nuts when it happens.

Note: This thread is 3570 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!