IGNORED

Opinions? Should I play a round or not?

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 3584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Should I play a round with this fellow?

• Yes! And report back!
    • No! Don't waste your time
    • Leave him alone and stop being a d!#k...

Play. And vlog it too. :)

Oooh..good call on the vlog.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not only do you play him, but politely ask for your 11 strokes and offer to play for as much money as you think he'll bite on......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

For me ... at my age ... I have seen my quota of aholes ... no think you ... I will enjoy my round with my golf buddies ...

but I think you should play him and let us know :beer:

• Upvote 1

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I think that score of 70 is maybe for 9 holes???

And that 400 yard drive?  Could be a cart path aided distance.

;-)

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I think that score of 70 is maybe for 9 holes??? And that 400 yard drive?  Could be a cart path aided distance. ;-)

I was a bit shocked on the 400 yard drive claim. I don't know if I can vlog it. I would love to get a few shots though.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I was a bit shocked on the 400 yard drive claim. I don't know if I can vlog it. I would love to get a few shots though.

So that settles it, we've made up your mind.

Colin P.

He must not follow golf either because anyone that does would know a 400 yard drive is beyond even what the pro's hit without cart path assistance.

I agree with others, it's going to get really uncomfortable and awkward if you take him up on his offer, he struggles and then starts to make excuses for his poor play.

Joe Paradiso

I voted no.  Life is too short to waste a round on people like this.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I am also in the camp of politely collect your 11 shots, take him on for as much money as he is willing to play for... i would be amazed if it wasn't over by the 12th hole. Anyone who seriously talks about 400 yard drives clearly is deluded about golf and their ability (unless they are one of the 5 longest hittest in the entire world in Las Vegas with extra long clubs and a good tail wind ;-) )

Henry

It this gentleman is an otherwise okay person, I would probably suggest 9 holes some time after work.  As others have said, it can be uncomfortable watching someone twist in the wind when their self-described game doesn't match reality but he may still turn out to be a decent person with whom to play.

Brian Kuehn

I voted no.  Life is too short to waste a round on people like this.

I don't mind playing a round of golf with someone as long as they aren't shooting 70+ for 9 holes

I am also in the camp of politely collect your 11 shots, take him on for as much money as he is willing to play for... i would be amazed if it wasn't over by the 12th hole. Anyone who seriously talks about 400 yard drives clearly is deluded about golf and their ability (unless they are one of the 5 longest hittest in the entire world in Las Vegas with extra long clubs and a good tail wind )

I don't know that I want to bet a load of money, mostly a point of interest.

It this gentleman is an otherwise okay person, I would probably suggest 9 holes some time after work.  As others have said, it can be uncomfortable watching someone twist in the wind when their self-described game doesn't match reality but he may still turn out to be a decent person with whom to play.

He is nice enough but he may be a one upper or disillusion on his abilities, not just in golf... I don't mind watching him not meet his expectations. He probably doesn't remember what he has said to me...

He must not follow golf either because anyone that does would know a 400 yard drive is beyond even what the pro's hit without cart path assistance.

I agree with others, it's going to get really uncomfortable and awkward if you take him up on his offer, he struggles and then starts to make excuses for his poor play.

FWIW, this year, there are no 400 yard drives recorded on the PGA Tour, but there were a number last year- some may have been with the aid of a cart path while others might have been down hill and/or down wind and/or very firm fairways.  http://www.pgatour.com/stats/stat.159.2013.html

RANK THIS WEEK RANK LAST WEEK PLAYER NAME ROUNDS DISTANCE TOURNAMENT HOLE COURSE
1 Phil Mickelson 78 450 WGC-Cadillac 17
2 Kyle Stanley 71 428 Hyundai T of C 7
3 Ian Poulter titleist 59 426 Hyundai T of C 12
4 Graham DeLaet titleist 94 420 Shell Houston 8
5 Charlie Beljan 62 418 Hyundai T of C 12
6 Carl Pettersson titleist 82 416 Hyundai T of C 7
7 Stewart Cink 71 415 Shell Houston 8
8 Gary Woodland 94 411 Tampa Bay 10
9 Dustin Johnson 71 410 Hyundai T of C 12
10 Scott Piercy titleist 78 409 Hyundai T of C 12
11 Ben Curtis titleist 59 407 Hyundai T of C 7
12 Scott Piercy titleist 78 407 Hyundai T of C 7
13 Jason Dufner titleist 78 405 Hyundai T of C 7
14 Dustin Johnson 71 405 Hyundai T of C 12
15 Rickie Fowler titleist 75 403 Hyundai T of C 7
16 Marc Leishman titleist 77 402 Hyundai T of C 12
17 Scott Piercy titleist 78 400 Hyundai T of C 17
18 Ryan Moore 72 400 Hyundai T of C 7
19 Ted Potter, Jr. 65 400 Hyundai T of C 7

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Note: This thread is 3584 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!