IGNORED

What is your (current) favorite swing thought?

Note: This thread is 3558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Everyone has at least one, some of us have several at once! :loco:

My long time favourite thought/s are "See the shoulder, See the sweep". It relates to key #1, keeping my head steady. During the backswing, I want to see (or be aware of) my right shoulder being under my chin before I start back down, and I want to see the club head sweep through the ball before I move my head on the through swing.

What is your favourite swing thought? It may be gold for the rest of us as well.

Chris.:roll:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Everyone has one, some of us have several at once!

My long time favourite thought is "See the shoulder, see the strike." It basically relates to Key #1, keeping my head steady. I want to see (or at least be aware) of my right shoulder being under my chin on the backswing before I start back down, and to see the club head sweep through the ball before my head moves on the through swing.

What is your favourite swing thought? It may be gold for the rest of us as well.

Mines pretty much the same, except for my driver, then I have more to think about... :doh:

My favorite swing thought is really a swing feel. At impact I try to make it feel like my right elbow and hip are touching. This has helped me.

- Jered

Transition weight to the heel of my front foot (rather than toe) to fix my in to out swing, seems to work a treat for me as i just shot my lowest score ever, and shots are lot more consistently straight :-)

Quote:
Transition weight to the heel of my front foot (rather than toe) to fix my in to out swing, seems to work a treat for me as i just shot my lowest score ever, and shots are lot more consistently straight :-)

Congrats on the personal best! :dance:

Mine is: "Oh please god don't let me hit a house" "Oh please god don't let me hit a house" "Oh please god don't let me hit a house" "Oh please god don't let me hit a house" "Oh please god don't let me hit a house" :-D Actually it's get my hips moving, moving weight forward, and staying connected ... And watch the ball through impact ... But on a tight course with houses, I can't help think: "Oh please god don't let me hit a house"
  • Upvote 2

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Mine is:

"Oh please god don't let me hit a house"

Actually it's get my hips moving, moving weight forward, and staying connected ... And watch the ball through impact ...

But on a tight course with houses, I can't help think:

Houses in general aren't so bad - I'm more worried about windows.

Mine is atm. not so much a thought but a childrens song from my country. Cause when I hum/sing it I find my tempo and put me in a non swing thought and I just swing and let my muscle memory take over. I dont think to much. Is my foot right? dont overswing! Is my grip to strong? ... And so forth. This is on the course mind you, on the range my swing thought is all over the place, need to start focus on one at the time :) But I still slip back to too many thoughts far to often! And ofcourse. Not the house! Not the house enters more than I like to emit :)

Right now it is half swing (for the backswing), and then fire the hips and shoulders around ad up to the left. From there I just hope I aimed correctly. :-D

Mine is:

Actually it's get my hips moving, moving weight forward, and staying connected ... And watch the ball through impact ...

But on a tight course with houses, I can't help think:

You haven't seen my game. I almost hit houses that you thought would never get hit before. So I really can't say that because no house use to be safe with in 200 yards of the fairway!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

When I'm playing pretty good: __________. When I'm not: Where is this going to end up? (I'm not smart enough to think and swing at the same time.)

Right now when practicing my swing thought is "right hip - up and back". On the course, I try to find something that works to give me solid contact. Yesterday it was "rev the left wrist - bow, and keep it bowed through impact".

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Ummm.... "Hit the ball"  ???

Actually, I mostly just try to limit myself to only ONE swing thought.  Too many thoughts is problematic.

I usually try to get myself to think: "Swing smooth, not hard."

"Weight forward".

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I have a couple, I know probably not the best idea but playing well lately.

Elbow glued to the right side on the takeaway along with a Rickie Fowler like takeaway (not as extreme but trying to get that feeling).

My Sticks - Titleist 913D3 9.5* , 913F 3W 15*, 913H 21* & 24*, Titleist 714 AP2 5-PW w/ DG S300, Vokey SM5 52* & 56* & 60* Wedges, Scotty Cameron Futura X

My first golf thought depends on what the cart girl looks like, and if my wife is with me that day. :whistle: Now back to golf. When on the course, playing for a score, it's my swing path into the back of the ball. Sometimes in relation to that in to out swing path swing thought, I might focus on the inside back half of the ball for an impact target point. All I look for each time I play for a score is a consistent ball flight off the tee. That one swing  thought helps to achieve that consistency for me.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

smooth tempo - back and through.

Thats it - I'm hitting much longer and more consistently by hitting the sweet spot more often.   Helps overswinging...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Slow - pause - wait. Instead of 1 - 2 - 3. Slow takeaway - pause at top - wait to release. Then I say "Did anybody see where my ball went?"

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Note: This thread is 3558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!